User panel stuff on forum
Index  ‹  Help  ‹  Big Fps Drop
  4 posts on 1 page  1
Help
2007-05-10, 20:38
80 posts

Jan 2006
Hey everyone!
Don´t know why but it´s been happening almost everytime that i start a client...
Wether i´m using Ezquake 1.8 or Fuhquake 0.31.

My system:
AMD 1.46Ghz @ 1.7
ATI RADEON 9600 Pro
512Mb RAM
Razer Diamondback
Samsung syncmaster 997DF

With Ezquake i get +/- 360 Fps. For some reason it drops to 100´s and sometimes even lower. I stop, do a timerefresh and get +/- 430 fps.
I start bunnyhopping or simply moving and it drops again.
I tried to disable textures with r_fastsky 1 and r_fastturb 1 and it´s the same. gl_detail 0 also.
I just can´t get this thing smooth...

Another thing that happens, for example:
1on1 @ povdmm4, shafting the other guy, he kills me. In my next spawn my mouse button is stuck shafting without me clicking on it... It also can happen if i was with RL on the other guy. My next spawn, my RL mouse button is stuck too... To solve this, sometimes i gotta reboot the system. If i disconnect and reconnect again that might not be solved, even if i start a different client.
Any ideas?

Ah, my cmdline:

ezquake-gl.exe -dinput -ruleset smackdown -norjscripts +set s_khz 44 -zone 1024 -conwidth 512 -width 1024 -height 768 -conheight 368 +set vid_displayfrequency 100 -m_smooth +exec dm1.cfg -bpp 32 -mem 64 -democache 32768 -noforcemaccel -noforcemparms -particles 4096

P.S. - i´ve been playing with this system since fuhquake was "born" and never of this shit happened.

:|
2007-05-11, 10:46
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
olá tranjaninho

Your system is a bit "old"... Do you use 1000hz on the mouse? use 500hz, less cpu-consuming.
Also, 'timerefresh' isnt the correct way to check your fps, instead use 'timedemo fps' or 'timedemo demo1'

your command line seems fucked up also. imo remove dinput, msmooth and noforcemaccel, -noforcemparms.

about the spawn problem, have you checked your cfg aliases?
in ezquake 1.8 beta there's a 'load script' option in the menu. use it to load diferent gfx settings and test fps again.

podemos falar mais logo, este fds tou cá. Mas axo k o meu microfone deu o berro uso o da webcam
abraço
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2007-05-11, 14:05
150 posts

Nov 2006
Hi Nosf, about the button getting stuck, if u have your mouse at 1000hz i'm almost sure thats the problem cose that happened to me with -dinput, try 1000hz without -dinput , if it doesnt work simply use 500hz, u should use 500hz anyway but thats your choice. And if u play 800x600 ur fps will be more stable.

Ur cmdline is all wrong, i like things nice, simple, clean and with order, u should have something like this:

ezquake-gl.exe -mem 64 -width 1024 -height 768 -conwidth 512 -conheight 364 -bpp 32 -democache 32768 -particles 5000 -norjscripts -ruleset smackdown +set s_khz 44 +cfg_load dm1

vid_displayfrequency u should use highest HZ your monitor can get (also depends on video card drivers), 800x600 u should get 120hz minimum and set it inside .cfg , no need to be in cmdline.
The commands -noforcemparms, -noforcemaccel, -noforcemspd i can assure you it does nothing with Windows XP. Use also the accelfix.exe (will remove mouse acceleration from "root" inside win32k.sys), type it on google, it will pop-up.
2007-07-28, 21:22
87 posts

Oct 2006
I know I've had this problem, but can remember the cause. I think it's related
to the config though. A couple of suggestions:

Try the "load fast preset" in the options/graphics menu.
Try with a basic/default config.

If FPS is fine in either of these, then it's just a matter of singeling out the command causing the trouble.
Try editing out sections of it in your cfg file, for instance.

/PaRa
  4 posts on 1 page  1