1754 posts

Jan 2006
sassa don't bother.. you can't stop his "offending" avatars :>
2007-05-09, 11:40
122 posts

Jan 2007
Aquashark wrote:
Unreal wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties#Casualties_by_country : Estonia: Population in 1939: 1,134,000, Total deaths: 41,000, Deaths as % of population: 3.62%.

Poland: Population in 1939: 27,007,000, Total deaths: 5,000,000, Deaths as % of population: 18.51% -- _this_ is awful!

the figure for Poland includes 3,000,000 Jews.
it's not Estonia's fault it didn't had many Jews during WW2 so their casualty figure would be higher for you to use as an arguement over a dispute caused by a statue :|

I.e. you exclude jews from the number of casualties because they were... well... just jews? Are you crazy man? Jews or not -- they were still living people and citizens. Are _you_ Nazi?
Aquashark wrote:
Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estonia : Population in 2006 estimate -- 1,324,333.

i excluded ~345.000 of ethnic russians.

Sure, ethnic Russians are not worth to be counted as population. The true and only Estonian citizens are ethnic Aryans only... You're Nazi, man!

Aquashark wrote:
Quote:
Should I remind you who was aggressor? And who won the WW2 and freed the Europe? USA? UK? Kid me not!

thank you for freeing us comrade and bringing 45 years of prosper communism in my thankful country and to other thankful countriarianses as well. i won't bother to reply after reading this..

So, you'd prefer to live under Hitler's occupation? Great choice, man. _Your_ avatar reflects your thoughts quite right.

Aquashark wrote:
as a side story: 3 years ago, a Jewish organization protested against the unveilling of a statue in Paris of a Romanian doctor, Nicolae Paulescu, because he expressed some anti-semitic views in his articles during the 1930's. the statue was removed.

Nicolae Paulescu discovered insulin which saved millions and millions of lives. does the removal of his statue change this? NO. do i hate Jews for removing his statue? NO.

_I_ think Russian soldiers saved millions people as well. You may think different though.

NeFuRii wrote:
Unreal wrote:
After the WW2 NATO greatly influenced Europe but not to hold back USSR but to dominate to world. So there was two "choices": Soviets or States.

What was your point in saying that? You're protecting russia, and this sentence clearly is against russia.
People didnt jump over the berlin wall just for fun

I've stated already that I don't consider USSR style of life (and forcing the style to other countries) the most perfect in the world. But Russian people (and Ukrainians, and Estonians, and Armenians, etc) were treated equally. Yes, human rights were limited, but live in USSR was quite bearable. Not that all Soviet people were born in Gulag and forced to work in Uranium mines since they turn 5 years old. Russians could live during Soviet regime a happy life. If you hold your mouth closed and not protest openly you could prospect and your family would prospect. It wasn't so scary to live under Soviet regime -- that's what I got from my parents and grandparents!

NeFuRii wrote:
Estonians fought not because they were nazis, but because you were going to invade them once again. It makes perfectly understanable to remove statuet of enemy soldiers that brought occupation. And nazism has nothing to do with this. Perhaps stupid neonazi people in estonia can't tell the difference between estonians that fought against russians for theyr own country, and real nazism.
But there are nazi groups in everycountry, and radicals sitting in many goverments, its not reason for such a protest as the russian one imposed.

Sure, it's radical neo-Nazi that removed the statue, not the government decision... I agree with you that possibly "stupid neo-Nazi people in Estonia can't tell the difference between Estonians that fought against Russians for their own country, and real Nazism", but the democratic Estonian government supports them -- this makes the government Nazi! And we don't like their Nazi spits on our soldiers' graves! The soldiers saved Estonia, after all, and deserve respect.
--
"Dag eats little Reloads for breakfast." (c) :-)
2007-05-09, 14:16
1026 posts

Feb 2006
Unreal wrote:
Aquashark wrote:
Unreal wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties#Casualties_by_country : Estonia: Population in 1939: 1,134,000, Total deaths: 41,000, Deaths as % of population: 3.62%.

Poland: Population in 1939: 27,007,000, Total deaths: 5,000,000, Deaths as % of population: 18.51% -- _this_ is awful!

the figure for Poland includes 3,000,000 Jews.
it's not Estonia's fault it didn't had many Jews during WW2 so their casualty figure would be higher for you to use as an arguement over a dispute caused by a statue :|

I.e. you exclude jews from the number of casualties because they were... well... just jews? Are you crazy man? Jews or not -- they were still living people and citizens. Are _you_ Nazi?

you were complaining how Estonians had so few casualties during WW2 and i pointed out that the victim distribution during WW2 is flawed as an argument in this case. read again what i said and you might get it.

Quote:
Aquashark wrote:
Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estonia : Population in 2006 estimate -- 1,324,333.

i excluded ~345.000 of ethnic russians.

Sure, ethnic Russians are not worth to be counted as population. The true and only Estonian citizens are ethnic Aryans only... You're Nazi, man!

they aren't counted in this debate. since it's Estonia vs Russia. i also excluded other minorities for accuracy's sake.

Quote:
Aquashark wrote:
Quote:
Should I remind you who was aggressor? And who won the WW2 and freed the Europe? USA? UK? Kid me not!

thank you for freeing us comrade and bringing 45 years of prosper communism in my thankful country and to other thankful countriarianses as well. i won't bother to reply after reading this..

So, you'd prefer to live under Hitler's occupation? Great choice, man. _Your_ avatar reflects your thoughts quite right.

i said i don't prefer communism, why are you assuming i'd like a nazi regime better? it's the same thing to me.

Quote:
_I_ think Russian soldiers saved millions people as well. You may think different though.

sadly this is overshadowed by the millions of people who have died in gulags and opressed by communist regimes throughout the world.
god damn hippies >_<
2007-05-09, 15:37
226 posts

Mar 2007
why did you russian guys try to free finlandia?

disconnect & unreal, do you know who that statue represents? estonian wrestler who won 2 olympic medals in berlin olympics back in the days (1939). after some hassle he was forced to fight on finnish-front, he leaped to finland, was kept imprisoned until transfered to USSR who transferred him to siberia. after that he died.

it's funny that youngsters protesting at moscow are part of na^si party. (na^zi = we, i think this points to orwell)
btw, they're the only ones allowed to riot on the streets of moscow. others are kicked to face and imprisoned.
i tend to think because this youngsterparty is led by some fsb-related guy.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/6/6a/300px-DWF15-986216.jpg
2007-05-09, 17:05
1026 posts

Feb 2006
hmm.. i don't get it :/
a nazi salute & nazi-like flags with the hammer & sickle emblem? what is wrong with these people? )))))
god damn hippies >_<
  35 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page