User panel stuff on forum
  13 posts on 1 page  1
Rookies' Corner
2007-04-16, 11:35
3 posts

Apr 2007
Hi everyone,

I was surfing on ESReality one day, reading the news in the front page, when my attention was caught by a logo, the Quake 1 logo. "Unbelievable, there is still people playing it?" I asked myself. "And what is this QuakeWorld thing?". I've never played Quake online before, my only experience with it was the singleplayer shareware version, back in the release year, so I decided to give it a try.
I immediately searched the web for more information about QuakeWorld and.... I'm here as you can see

I began to play since the beginning of April and I want to express a few thoughts:
- Surely QW is the MOST difficult fps game I ever tried, the fastest, and the most exciting I've ever seen. For me Quake3 was fast, but if I play it now that I tried QW I feel like i'm in some kind of a slow-motion video.
- The community around this game is AMAZING, fQuake has everything a noob like me would desire to begin fragging in the servers. I've never seen a package like this in other games. Quakeworld.nu and Qwdrama are wonderful sites, the competitions like NQR and EQL have a lot of clans and players, at least for me that believed this game was dead and noone still playing.
- Despite all this, for a total newbie is very difficult to continue playing, it's obvious, the 90% of the players had been playing for atleast 2-3 years and the learning curve of the game is really long and hard. So basicly it would be nice to find players at the same level as me or medium skilled, not the elite ones. I saw that qw.nu is promoting an IRC channel, #qwrookie, that would be nice, at the moment I never joined it, I wonder if it's active.. i'll try! Currently I played only FFA games, trying to improve movements (man, this game has the most difficult strafe-jumping technique i've ever seen), aim and trying to learn maps. I would love to join a Teamplay game but I think that i will only be a useless guy, and my team will be swearing at me without a doubt.
- Unfortunately for me, in my country (Italy) noone is playing QW and the majority of the servers (and the scene) are located in Northern Europe: this, thanks to my sucky connection, makes my ping go sky-high, but 'm happy that the game is still quite playable even around 100ms.
- I' ve seen some demos from EQL div1 and my face during the whole playback was like this: o_O
For the moment i really miss the tactical part of the 4vs4, i only stare at the stunning aim displays and movement tricks of the elites. I wonder, how is the skill level of the lower divisions like div4 or 5? I was curious to understand how long it will take to reach the minimum level to join a clan.

Ok I think that's all, sorry for the length but it was needed
See you ingame, it won't be difficult to find me, if you see someone being raped, probably that's me

Ciao.
2007-04-16, 12:12
715 posts

May 2006
Welcome to the game d00med!

Yes #qwrookie is very active, I think there's about 8-10 rookies there now (a week or two before there was like 3 of them, it's growing ) so you'll sure find a nice amount of same-level competition in that channel, highly recommended! You'll also get plenty of help and answers to your questions in #qwrookie and #qwhelp so go there and try it out
---Where can you see lions? Only in kenya! Come to kenya we've got lions.
2007-04-16, 13:18
86 posts

Jan 2006
Welcome d00med!
http://ezQuake.SF.net/ http://www.quake.cz
2007-04-16, 14:22
1026 posts

Feb 2006
hehe.. good to see teh propaganda takes root with some

i recently raised some interest in my country too and gathered some rusty old schoolers and newbies on a new hosted server (qw.computergames.ro)

to maximize your fun be sure you make some friends that are beginners too.. pickup games on #qwrookie & such also see if people in Italy might wanna pick up the game.. advertise fQuake on a forum

PS: it's cool to see new people announcing themselves.. i'd endure some horrible forum spam just to see new people picking up the game )))
god damn hippies >_<
2007-04-16, 14:52
810 posts

Jan 1970
welcome and i hope u stick around
2007-04-16, 15:52
637 posts

Jan 2006
welcome, and let's hope you will do better in QW than Fisichella this season in F1
http://slip.4.pl/ - unblocking myspace facebook firewall
2007-04-16, 16:00
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
welcome
2007-04-16, 18:13
200 posts

Apr 2006
goqsane wrote:
welcome, and let's hope you will do better in QW than Fisichella this season in F1

AHDUASIHDasuD

Massa? =)

btw, welcome
2007-04-16, 19:28
637 posts

Jan 2006
Massa sucks, seriously. Put a rookie into a Ferrari and you'll see him scoring bigtime and even getting a podium here and there.

Senna was the man.
http://slip.4.pl/ - unblocking myspace facebook firewall
2007-04-16, 22:51
200 posts

Apr 2006
"Senna was the man."

No doubt about it. But lets see what happens at the european season.
2007-04-17, 01:18
355 posts

Jun 2006
Welcome

Your English skills are magnificent
2007-04-18, 20:38
1026 posts

Feb 2006
by the way.. this would've been nice posted as a Journal @ ESR
maybe it would've turned some more heads in this direction.. heh
god damn hippies >_<
2007-04-18, 20:50
401 posts

Mar 2006
Bah, Lewis Hamilton will own all this season and you know it.
  13 posts on 1 page  1