69 posts

Feb 2006
semantics
2006-03-18, 13:18
810 posts

Jan 1970
DD wrote:
Hi btw, I'm new

From my understanding the shaft is best used without a crosshair in that way you aim the shaft not the crosshair which negates the lag. I have an eractic ping at the best of times (my isp or my network whatever I haven't solved the prob) but even so I'd still use cl_truelightning 0, I'd rather know where the shaft actually is.
My advice switch off your crosshair, add it to your shaft bind, and head to pov.

IMHO cl_truelightning is irrelevant, probably does more harm than good but if it works for you then use it, lift the ban.

No, absolutely not. The lg is like "machine gun", it hits the place you aiming at 100ms intervals. The lagged graphic presentation does not do damage after the initial hitpoint has been determined. This is why you should aim directly to the enemy when using lpb pings like 12ms or 25ms or even 38ms. Anything above that requires some "prediction".

Also about the truelightning, it does help the people who get confused with the graphic presentation of the lg. You can pretty much negate this effect using larger crosshair that doesn't get lost in the action. This is also the reason why hpbs think it will help their lg-aim, they just don't do wrong aiming corrections since the lg doesn't confuse the player and they aim more with the real hitscan spot (that is crosshair).

Should the truelightning be banned, I don't know. I've used it myself in the past for a long time, but I don't use it anymore. My lg wasn't any better with truelg 1 or 0.5 or any other value than it is with 0 but I've played so many years with ping 25 (or lately 13ms) that it explains the thing somewhat.

I know some people that have tried using truelg, some of the said it is really horrible and makes their aim worse, others said just the opposite. Perhaps it helps some players but I doubt that, probably depends on the player pretty much.

If you want to improve your lg, just practise it on something else than povdmm4. You can always use bigger crosshair that might help a bit. Also you can change the lg-texture and you can use gl_shaftlight command to dim it if it's "too visible".
2006-03-18, 19:55
192 posts

Mar 2006
I dont know why its banned. I mean even Q3 have it and it doesnt give you any advand. Its just, tlight 0 does nothing else than confuse. Its just here to harder your aim. And how the community deal with such things they confuse? They disable them, either with full brightskins, picmip, no rl exposions, because all those things confuse. Why not help people when they are confused with the shaft model?

I say: Allow it, because it does not more than f*** confuse.
2006-03-18, 22:19
357 posts

Mar 2006
Quote:
I dont know why its banned. I mean even Q3 have it and it doesnt give you any advand. Its just,

cause some keyboarders in Oklahoma dont like getting owned by mousers no more!
2010-03-06, 21:51
1 post

Mar 2010
i think shafting isnt different if you have ping 38<0 . you have an special graph in scoreboard---[PL] (packet loss) it means how many packets you are missing. ping 38<0 means 0 PL=no differents in shafting
2010-03-06, 23:19
1329 posts

Apr 2006
This is a 4 year old thread that doesn't need to be upped. Besides cl_truelightning = cl_fakeshaft these days, allowed feature in the scene. There's no further need for discussing about the topic.
Servers: Troopers
  66 posts on 3 pages  First page123Last page