User panel stuff on forum
  38 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
General Discussion
2007-03-09, 12:32
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
those are GREAT news uprock!

if we could just DO things right (in terms of adversising quake)...
i have some ideas myself: the main goal is to advertise in as many gaming sites as we can. advertise the new ezQ and possible "leagues" for newb. read on

1. Like some english native speaker write a text talking about ezQ new version, and how its new features will help newbies and post here on the forum for ppl to comment and fine tune the text. This text is meant to be posted on the gaming sites

2. The best (imho) way to learn a map is doing ffa. Myself had done a ffa league back in 2001 or smth. King of tuesday kenya is a great project btw. I suggest creating other similar league, other day of the week, kenya maps, but FFA. This would be alot easier to organize, i have the perfect rules this wouldnt help newbies directly, but it would help ppl eager learning new maps, to play in kenya leagues (10 years of tb3, uff. even I'm getting tired) read below for more.

3. EQL/NQR should have a newb division. really. i know its hard to distinguish clan's skill, but its possible: maybe make some pre-league wars to check this.

4. After we plan and execute 1., 2., 3., the text which was made on 1. should be used by anyone who has access to a gaming site newswriting.

hopefully in the next couple of weeks some new players would respond.
Nr 3. has a bad timing i recognize. but if nr. 2 is sucessful newplayer-wise, we could do a similar ffa league just for new players. where do we find them? at a new channel in quakenet, which would be advertised also. with a new #newbieqw, noobs would easily get game and with a little help from us organizing noob events (like "king of rookies sunday" or somth) they could be interested.

There are some great ideas around. Like naming a tutor for each new player. and others. These ideas should be gathered also,
a bit confusing. but all we need is planning! look professional. I think this would be great, all we need to do is to get things going.

I will take the liberty of setting a pre-planning of all this:

regarding:
1. I have some ideas what the text should talk about. its real simple. if an english native speaker is interesting in writing a nice text with the content i thought, we could get this going real soon

2. two possible goals: a) give the possibility to existing players to learn good kenya maps by ffa; and b) giving new players a chance of learning maps (kenya or not) at their own pace. (2 leagues in optimum scenario) . This is easy and fast to organize and run.

3. Could be done after 1. and 2. (later) because it requires further knowledge of the game. I take my example: back in 1997 i played ffa and 1on1's. I can say i learned the maps (all qw maps btw) by ffa'ing. So i think its good

Some other ideas are cool also, like naming a tutor. These ideas should be discussed asap also

Ill create a thread soon just to gather ALL these ideas that are randomly placed at the forum

when this is all done, we can advertise the text in 1.
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2007-03-09, 13:29
News Writer
254 posts

Mar 2006
Great to see some good comments and ideas on all this. I think the Kenya tournament every Tuesday is a great idea.
On the Irish servers last night we played a few duels on Kenya maps for the laugh. It was interesting as it did help level the playing field.
Skilled players will still shine through but it even's things up a bit and definitely makes it more enjoyable for newer players or lower skilled players.

I will help out with any projects or ideas people have.
I ain't got no time for this jibber jabber fool
2007-03-19, 13:00
705 posts

Feb 2006
I think that Quakeworld will never die. if it will, many great things will be lost. The sheer numbers of quakeplayers definatly seems to be on the decline. But as an example, Xalibur and UL returned to the ownage tournamnet after long breaks and performed really good. Old time players will be able to return anytime. Newbies need to be spanked trained and put to the test. I mean you arent going to stay with quake if you arent improving. The things i do to keep the scene is alive is pretty easy. do some interview/article every weekend (at least i try to). And PLAY. PLAY PLAY PLAY. That is the most important thing. training noobies, duelleing quakers. Thats where its at :F But in the long run the most important thing is the outside image. I dont know howto make it better in any way more than i try to now. But i would so want to make quake appearing shiny and awesome to non-quakers I mean.. qtv ktx ezquake improvements is all coming. but everything takes time, time that we dont have
2007-04-02, 04:37
252 posts

Dec 2006
6 years ago I started to focus on quake because it was the only game that i didnt completely own everyone on.
IMO its a far more complex than anything i've played. We need quake theoriticians to prove its superiority B).
'on 120 ping i have beaten mortuary dirtbox and reload' (tm) mz adrenalin
'i watched sting once very boring and not good at all' (tm) mz adrenalin
[i]'i shoulda won all
2007-04-13, 01:26
5 posts

Mar 2006
Last day i brought someone new to play qw \o/
http://files.myopera.com/Schokoleiche/files/she1.jpg
2008-06-12, 02:26
63 posts

May 2008
theoriticians

theroies

- ogres- a early tribe of man who became trapped in the demtion of quake and evolved to survive. in do ing this they made erly iron works of sowrd that had spinny teeth
---ogres chainsaw- not powered by petrolieum produkts but instead it has a set of large fans inside it that chach the wind as the ogre swings it bringing the teeth to high speeds

eh?
2008-06-12, 22:06
1026 posts

Feb 2006
Wtf?
god damn hippies >_<
2008-06-12, 23:23
347 posts

Feb 2006
Yikes. Stop resurrecting > 1 year old topics. Locked!
  38 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page