User panel stuff on forum
  6 posts on 1 page  1
Help
2007-01-29, 23:27
27 posts

Jan 2007
Finally i got myself together and downloaded quake world, guess its been at least 3 years since i played it. When i first fired up ezQuake it i had weird texture problems.

http://imageshack.dk//viewimage.php?file=/imagesfree/qmF96396.jpg

http://imageshack.dk//viewimage.php?file=/imagesfree/Y5v95435.jpg

I then found out the only way ( I ) could fix this problem is to disable my SLI every time i start quake world. My question is therefor, is there anyway i can play quake world without having to deactive SLI every single time? Or even better if anyone could make a fix for other people experiencing these problems with SLI and quake world.

I tried 2 different driver versions and g_clear 0/1 aswell as gamma something written by sassa in #qwhelp

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
3700+ ~ 2.81Ghz
2 * ASUS 7800GT
4098MB kingston

Love w1ckz
2007-01-30, 07:54
312 posts

Jun 2006
Well, tbh i've the same problem since 1 year and no solution :/
I've to deactivate sli every time, it's so boring !

AMD 64 XP SP2
3500+
2 GB RAM
2 GeForce 6600GT
2007-01-30, 07:55
637 posts

Jan 2006
what's SLI?
http://slip.4.pl/ - unblocking myspace facebook firewall
2007-01-30, 08:27
27 posts

Jan 2007
goqsane wrote:
what's SLI?

Scalable Link Interface (SLI) is a method developed by NVIDIA for linking two (or more) video cards together to produce a single output. SLI is an application of parallel processing for computer graphics, meant to increase the processing power available for graphics. With SLI, it is possible to roughly double the amount of graphic complexity that can be handled by a computer just by adding a second identical video card.

The name SLI was first used by 3dfx with its Scan-Line Interleave, which was introduced in 1998 and used in the Voodoo2 line of graphics accelerators. 3dfx collapsed financially and its intellectual property was purchased by NVIDIA when the company was wound down. NVIDIA reintroduced the SLI name in 2004 and intends for it to be used in modern computer systems based on the PCI Express (PCIe) bus. However, the technology behind the name SLI has changed dramatically.

The basic idea of SLI is to allow two (or more) processors to share the rendering load, with one of the cards acting as a master, and another as a slave. Both are given some portion of the screen to render, and the slave uses the SLI connector to send its rendered output to the master, where it is incorporated into the master's frame buffer and sent to the screen as if it had been generated locally.

I wonder why QW wont work with it if 3dfx made SLI in 1998? Could it be some newer coding fucking it up?
2007-01-30, 18:52
151 posts

Feb 2006
i used 2xvoodoo2 SLI'd years ago and glqwcl worked fine back then. I only have 1x XFX Geforce 7800gtx 512mb atm but that works fine too

sounds strange and seeing as at somepoint i will look into buying an identicle card for the purposes of SLI'ing them I will be keeping an eagle eye here.
bd
2007-03-10, 14:27
27 posts

Jan 2007
I just thought i would bump this thread since i have to reboot my machine everytime i wanna fire up Quakeworld in order to disable SLI.

Any suggestions ?

Thx.
  6 posts on 1 page  1