User panel stuff on forum
  9 posts on 1 page  1
Server Talk
2006-12-30, 14:25
90 posts

Feb 2006
what´s this?
taken from mvdsv.cfg

sv_enableprofile 0 // profiling of qvm mods (0 = off, 1 = on)
serverinfo pm_ktjump 0 // jumpfix (0 = off, 1 = on)
and from ktx.cfg

set k_no_fps_physics 0 // fps independent physics (0 = off, 1 = on)
set k_demoname_date "%Y-%m-%d" // will add date at end of demoname in form of YYYY-MM-DD

i use the demoname_date but i doesn´t work??
i have tried it in both ktx.cfg and mvdsv.cfg
2006-12-30, 16:55
405 posts

Jan 2006
fAkkFejz wrote:
what´s this?
taken from mvdsv.cfg

sv_enableprofile 0 // profiling of qvm mods (0 = off, 1 = on)
serverinfo pm_ktjump 0 // jumpfix (0 = off, 1 = on)
and from ktx.cfg

set k_no_fps_physics 0 // fps independent physics (0 = off, 1 = on)
set k_demoname_date "%Y-%m-%d" // will add date at end of demoname in form of YYYY-MM-DD

i use the demoname_date but i doesn´t work??
i have tried it in both ktx.cfg and mvdsv.cfg

sv_enableprofile, u does't need this, keep it 0, developers thingie, help to understand which function eat much CPU time.

pm_ktjump, must be 1, not 0. Hard to explain. This affect ramp jumping. Check different value on dm6 while jumping out of tube.

k_no_fps_physics, keep it 0, this is ugly attempt to compensate/balans different physics with different fps u may have. Affect vertical velocity of jumps at start of jump only. If u have stable 77 fps or close to this, then this thingie do not affect u at all.

k_demoname_date, work for me and few other guys, may not work if u have old mvdsv. Get mvdsv from CVS or u may try 0.25 version, but i'm not sure 0.25 support it even that last official release. I've add few things to mvdsv after 0.25 was released. Probably that was one of this things.

To get mvdsv sources from CVS u need this command
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@mvdsv.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/mvdsv co -P mvdsv
then u need to compile it
switch to sources dirrectory
then type
./configure
make mvdsv
u must get mvdsv, put it instead old one

to get ktx sources u need this command
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@mvdsv.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/mvdsv co -P ktx
then u need to compile it
switch to ktx sources dirrectory
and type (probably u must set +x attribute for configure, so it become executable before u type it)
./configure
make dl
u got qwprogs.so which is ktx, put it where u alredy have qwprogs.qvm (if u alredy use qwprogs.so, in this case replace with new one)

Also, find mvdsv.cfg and replace value sv_progtype with 1 instead of 2

This all ./configure and make commands belong to linux/FreeBSD/*nix, on windows this is a different story.
<3
2006-12-31, 15:51
90 posts

Feb 2006
Thnx very much qqshka for the cmd-translations.....

but in what config should this cmd be: set k_demoname_date and should it be with or wihout "" ?
set k_demoname_date "%Y-%m-%d"

Happy new Year btw :-)
2007-01-01, 14:49
405 posts

Jan 2006
fAkkFejz wrote:
Thnx very much qqshka for the cmd-translations.....

but in what config should this cmd be: set k_demoname_date and should it be with or wihout "" ?
set k_demoname_date "%Y-%m-%d"

Happy new Year btw :-)

Yea, HNY :]

k_demoname_date value may be inside "" or without it, does't matter IMO.
<3
2007-07-15, 10:28
805 posts

Mar 2006
I'm trying to compile the source using the makevm.bat file from ktx cvs. But the qwprogs.qvm that I get, always crashes the server when I try to run it.

Mod requried API_VERSION 12 or higher, server have 10
SV_Error: PR2_InitProg gamedata == NULL
https://tinyurl.com/qwbrasil - QuakeFiles
2007-07-16, 08:50
405 posts

Jan 2006
As u can see, ktx have api number 12, and server(mvdsv) have 10. In other words outdated mvdsv, get new one somewhere.
<3
2007-07-16, 22:43
805 posts

Mar 2006
OMG I'm really stupid! (don't know why my link for ktx on the desktop, was pointing to a 0.25 version of mvdsv)

Worked fine now!

Btw.: I think you guys should add some information in the README file, explaining the aditional tools needed to compile the source. It took me some time till I realized that I'll need Q3's source code tools.

--//--

Now just a question compilation under linux.

The "make so" worked fine without problems at all. But "make vm" is saying that the files LCC and Q3ASM (in my case q3lcc and q3asm) could not be encontered. I tried to put the files under ktx and under all sub folders, and did not worked anyway (of course the files are marked as executables). Do you know were I should put the files or what is wrong?

tnx!
https://tinyurl.com/qwbrasil - QuakeFiles
2007-07-17, 11:27
405 posts

Jan 2006
I think they must be in $PATH environment variable.

PATH=$PATH:/wheretoolslocate

however i recommend use qwprogs.so instead of qwprogs.qvm.
<3
2007-07-18, 18:22
950 posts

Apr 2006
Actually you need to rename that file to lcc and put for example in /usr/bin or /bin to be sure it is easily found
  9 posts on 1 page  1