User panel stuff on forum
  6 posts on 1 page  1
Client Talk
2006-10-26, 23:56
7 posts

Oct 2006
after building libpng, pcre, and expat, and changing the header path from /opt to /usr in your xcodeproj file (not using fink here), i can ALMOST get it to compile. the error i get now is "Unknown byte order type" thrown by a preprocessor directive in q_shared.h. I am doing this on a PPC G4 with the latest Xcode.
2006-10-31, 11:33
1011 posts

Feb 2006
that's cos of some code that (VVD?) added to 'streamline' byte ordering

just change the define in q_shared.h to be bigendian as you are on PPC
2006-11-01, 02:40
7 posts

Oct 2006
Okay, now it gets to cmd.c and misses a file. Spotlight doesn't find the file. I noticed that the project file for Xcode hasn't been updated in six months, is this gonna be a serious obstacle?

cd /Users/xnk/media/archive/ez/ezquake/osx
/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -x c -arch ppc -pipe -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -fasm-blocks -O3 -Wreturn-type -Wunused-function -Wunused-variable -DGLQUAKE -DQUAKE_WORLD -DWITH_ZLIB -DWITH_PNG -DWITH_KEYMAP -fmessage-length=0 -mtune=G5 -fvisibility=hidden -mmacosx-version-min=10.1 -I/Users/xnk/media/archive/ez/ezquake/osx/build/Quake.build/Release/EZQuake-GL.build/EZQuake-GL.hmap -mdynamic-no-pic -F/Users/xnk/media/archive/ez/ezquake/osx/build/Release -I/Users/xnk/media/archive/ez/ezquake/osx/build/Release/include -I/usr/local/include -I/Users/xnk/media/archive/ez/ezquake/osx/build/Quake.build/Release/EZQuake-GL.build/DerivedSources -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -c /Users/xnk/media/archive/ez/ezquake/osx/../net_udp.c -o /Users/xnk/media/archive/ez/ezquake/osx/build/Quake.build/Release/EZQuake-GL.build/Objects-normal/ppc/net_udp.o
powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1: /Users/xnk/media/archive/ez/ezquake/osx/../net_udp.c: No such file or directory
powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1: warning: '-x c' after last input file has no effect
powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1: no input files
2006-11-01, 17:48
News Writer
280 posts

May 2006
Add define __BIG_ENDIAN__Q__ in project file (xcodeproj).

> powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1: /Users/xnk/media/archive/ez/ezquake/osx/../net_udp.c: No such file or directory
net.c now
2006-11-01, 20:57
1011 posts

Feb 2006
VVD wrote:
Add define __BIG_ENDIAN__Q__ in project file (xcodeproj).

i remember that i couldn't do this at the time as xcode doesn't support architecture specific define flags
2006-11-02, 00:43
7 posts

Oct 2006
- In snd_mix.c:
I had to comment out both of these lines in order to get the file to compile.

//void Snd_WriteLinearBlastStereo16 (void);
#ifndef id386
static void Snd_WriteLinearBlastStereo16 (void)

//void SND_PaintChannelFrom8 (channel_t *ch, sfxcache_t *sc, int endtime);
#ifndef id386
static void SND_PaintChannelFrom8 (channel_t *ch, sfxcache_t *sc, int count)

- Deleted xml_test.c from project file

Now it's getting to the linking stage and then failing with about a million undefined symbols, the first of which is _Q_atof
  6 posts on 1 page  1