User panel stuff on forum
  10 posts on 1 page  1
Help
2006-10-25, 06:04
5 posts

Oct 2006
Please, help in subj. I'm sure, there are programs which can do it, but i failed on googling.
Just wanted to try out old mods for normal quake under ez-quake or fuh.
I don't know the mechanism, but have the guess there is a way to trasformate one format to another.
All mod info should be stored, and just qw physics added, as i think.
I'm noob so if my post looks phunny - don't kick please. Explain - does there exist a way to perform this or it's absolutely important?
I will dig in the direction of qcc and decompilers, but maybe someone already knows already working way to do this - i will be very grateful.

Thanx b4hand.
2006-10-25, 08:52
405 posts

Jan 2006
Dunno, may be FTE allow load such NQ .dat but using qw physics, doubt that, better try different moder NQ engines, like DarkPlaces qrack and may be FTE. In qrack last time i test it, physics was "close" to QW

And if u have sources, then sure u can modifie sources and compile qwprogs.dat...
<3
2006-10-25, 08:55
637 posts

Jan 2006
Download FTE QW server, run the server, it runs nq mods and allows QW clients to connect to it.

Poundsome
http://slip.4.pl/ - unblocking myspace facebook firewall
2006-10-25, 17:22
5 posts

Oct 2006
qqshka wrote:
Dunno, may be FTE allow load such NQ .dat but using qw physics, doubt that, better try different moder NQ engines, like DarkPlaces qrack and may be FTE. In qrack last time i test it, physics was "close" to QW

And if u have sources, then sure u can modifie sources and compile qwprogs.dat...

Oh, thanx, but please could you advice me qw-compiler? I've heard there are many qcc's, and most of them have bugs while compiling.
And are there some decompilers maybe?

goqsane wrote:
Download FTE QW server, run the server, it runs nq mods and allows QW clients to connect to it.

Poundsome

Thanks about FTE, i will try.
But what if i need another client, world-wide EZ? =)
Is there another way to convert?
2006-10-26, 10:43
271 posts

Feb 2006
frikdec is my prefered decompiler.
fteqcc is my prefered qc compiler, but if you're using frikdec then it's easiest to use frikqcc because the output is often messy and not qc-compatable.
FTE supports NQ mods entirly serverside, so choice of client is irrelevent if you're happy using FTE as a dedicated server.
I think ZQuake supports NQ mods also. I don't know of the status of that or if it's been released or anything, or how it compares to FTE, but FTE has been doing it longer so ought to have better support. :p
moo
2006-10-26, 12:10
1026 posts

Feb 2006
Quote:
FTE supports NQ mods entirly serverside

we have to spread the word about this and popularize the FTE server.. we can play any mod now FTE r0x!
god damn hippies >_<
2006-10-27, 02:19
5 posts

Oct 2006
I'm interested if someone knows any compiler which can compile decompiled files to qwprogs.dat; and in all details about this - how to get qwprogs.src also.

Affirmative, tested - FTE allows to run server with NQ-modz and allows to connect with QW-client.
Dunno mechanism of this process, but i suppose it compiles qwprogs.dat in memory. This all is good, but i don't want to depend on necessity to use FTE every time when i need this. I need clean&nice way to solve this problem once and forever. progs.dat=>qwprogs.dat.
So any nu ideas and facts are welcome.
Thanx b4hand.
2006-10-27, 10:04
271 posts

Feb 2006
FTE is the clean and nice way to get qw clients on an nq mod.
All other ways are complicated, time consuming and error prone.

The file format is the same. All the same compilers / decompilers that work on one work on the other. The difference is the interaction between engine and gamecode, the network protocol that the progs tries sending, and all the hacks based on assumptions about the engine. You can only resolve these by rewriting large chunks of mods - or using an engine that is able to emulate the differences.

The decompiler and compiler I mentioned in my previous post are suitable for most mods. But hey, if you don't want to use google to find them, that's fine by me.
moo
2006-10-29, 04:10
357 posts

Mar 2006
Can FTEserver successfully run CRMOD?
2006-10-29, 21:38
805 posts

Mar 2006
nFx wrote:
I'm interested if someone knows any compiler which can compile decompiled files to qwprogs.dat; and in all details about this - how to get qwprogs.src also.

Affirmative, tested - FTE allows to run server with NQ-modz and allows to connect with QW-client.
Dunno mechanism of this process, but i suppose it compiles qwprogs.dat in memory. This all is good, but i don't want to depend on necessity to use FTE every time when i need this. I need clean&nice way to solve this problem once and forever. progs.dat=>qwprogs.dat.
So any nu ideas and facts are welcome.
Thanx b4hand.

There's no way to do it. If you want to convert a nq mod into a qw mod, you'll have to take the source and adapt it to qw.
https://tinyurl.com/qwbrasil - QuakeFiles
  10 posts on 1 page  1