User panel stuff on forum
  3 posts on 1 page  1
Help
2006-09-09, 13:51
135 posts

Jan 2006
Hi

I use ezq glx 1517 for linux. When I do vid_minimize it works just fine, but only once - when I go back to ezq and try to do vid_minimize again it doesn't work anymore. I was told it's bug so I started to search another solution, 'cause lack of alt+tab functionality so well known from Windows is pain in da ass for me.

I managed to start second x server, I can easily switch between them using alt+ctrl+f7 and alt+ctrl+f9 combinations. But when I start ezq on any of these I can't get back to another x server, alt+ctrl+fX combination stops working. Unbinding alt/ctrl/fX doesn't help.

Any ideas how to force alt+ctrl+fX to work in qw or any other solutions for the problem? :/
2006-09-09, 14:55
637 posts

Jan 2006
yeah I also had the same problem when I used the very early builds own ezQuakes (at least they weren't full of shit), the only 'alt tab' solution, which made it possible to go to IRC/ekg (gg client) was to switch to TERMinal consoles, but I guess that'd be a hack for you, wouldn't it be, as I guess you want to use other applications
http://slip.4.pl/ - unblocking myspace facebook firewall
2006-09-09, 18:36
135 posts

Jan 2006
I've found the solution...

The key seems to be missing "-nokdga" in cmd line. After adding it I may easily switch between x servers using alt+ctrl+fX.

Working on the other x server might cause some problems cause keyboard/mouse events are somehow send to another x server too (or at least I don't know how to turn this off yet), but unbindall before alt+tab+fX and cfg_load yourcfg after, will do the job for now.
  3 posts on 1 page  1