- The tournament consists of a round robin in each division.
- Teams are split between 3 divisions based on skill level.
- Each team in each division plays each other once in a best-of-three (BO3) match.
- Points are awarded based on map wins, 1 point per map win.
- If teams are equal in the table, on points (map wins), then map difference + - will separate the teams. If teams still can not be separated then positions will be decided based upon frag difference.
- Divisions 1 and 2 will have a playoff at the end of the group stage between the top four teams. BO5 in both semi-finals and Grand Final.
- When all games are played in Division 3 there could be the offer of a playoff, depending on players’ wishes and activity.
Division 2 & Division 3
- If no TB3 maps have been played, each team tosses a map. Coin toss on who tosses first. - If 1 TB3 map has been played, the decider is decided by doing /rnd map map, for the two maps that have not been played. - If 2 TB3 maps have been played, the remaining map is played. - If 3 TB3 maps have been played, each team tosses a map. Coin toss on who tosses first.
- Teams to consist of 5 players per team
- In each division there is a standin/reserve pool that can be used if your team is having activity or commitment problems.
- You can not use more than two standins per game. Two standins will only be allowed in extreme cases, which will be subject to deeper consideration by the admins, before permission is given.
- You can find listed standins for your division via the #divX-standin channel on the GetQuad Discord server, or by tagging @divX-standin.
- Standins are dynamic, and as such, if admins approve, a player does not have to have previously been on the list to be accepted.
- Admins will always attempt to ensure that the standin is suitable as a replacement, and is not much better or much worse than the player that they are replacing.
- Admins will not force a standin on a team.
- All matches will have a deadline and teams should be active in communicating with each other and schedule their games.
- Each match has a two week window in which it can be played, including overlap of one week with the previous and next scheduled game, e.g:
- Round 1: 15th April - 28th April
- Round 2: 22nd April - 5th May
- Round 3: 29th April - 11th May
- If a team is idling or deemed by the admins to not be making an effort to produce the game it will be considered as if the offending team forfeits the match, and a Walk Over (WO) shall be awarded to the opposition.
- A Walkover will result in 2 points being awarded to the beneficiary, and 0 points to the offending team.
- Choice of server should be suitable for both teams
- The pings should be the most even for the 2 teams and measures like cl_delay_packet to increase the fairness of a match are welcomed.
- Matches must be played on the servers of the continent were the competition is being held.
- The team A with highest average ping can require the other team B to ping up to the level of team A's lowest pinging player. Only the best possible ping is accounted for. Using delay packet or rerouting to raise the ping of the lowest pinging player in order to force the other team to ping up more is NOT allowed.
- The maximum min-ping that can be required is 52ms.
- If players still can't agree on a server, please contact admins about it. Admin decision is final.
- Timelimit: 20 minutes
- Overtime: 5 minutes if match is a draw
- Deathmatch mode: 1
- Teamplay mode: 2
- Spawn mode: KTX2 Respawns
- Powerups: ON
- Discharge: ON
- KFjump: Toggled OFF (command = tkfjump)
- Airstep: OFF
- Jawnmode: OFF
- Antilag (or equivalent): ON (unless both teams agree to play without it.)
- Fallbunny: ON (if server allows)
- No berzerk, midair, instagib or other unusual modes.
- If a team requests nospecs-mode, the other team is obliged to comply.
These should be the basic 4on4 settings on all modern servers, but make sure to check if you are unsure.
- The team that wins the match should report the match.
- In order for a match to be valid you'll need to have screenshots from each played map
- Reports should be made in the GetQuad Discord server, in #reports, by stating the score, uploading archives of all demos to the channel, (one screen and demo archive per map, due to discord size limit) and tagging @meag in the post.
- Open source clients (with source code publicly available on Internet) that have equivalent checks/restrictions of ezQuake:
- ezQuake (2.2.x, 3.x) https://ezquake.github.io/
- FTEQW (1.00), http://fte.triptohell.info/
- FodQuake (0.4), http://fodquake.net/
- ezQuake: smackdown, qcon, (Thunderdome can be allowed, but only if all players on both teams agree)
- FTEQW: strict
- FodQuake: eql
- Players should do f_ruleset checks before game start. It is ultimately the responsibility of the players to perform this check, and in general, matches played with outlying rulesets will not be overturned if the players neglected to perform this duty. Where there is ambiguity, the decision will be decided by the Admins.
- Qizmo 2.91
Using disallowed clients/proxies might lead to points deduction or even a WO.
Scripting and cheats
- cl_fakeshaft (only mentioned here as it used to be forbidden)
- Different enemy skins
- movement scripts (ezquake: cl_idrive must be OFF)
- custom rocket jump scripts
- Any other kind of movement scripts
- Automated teamsays
- Skin changing depending on health/armour/weapon
- Custom models not allowed by f_modified
- Any kind of cheat (wallhack, aimbot, timers etc.)
- Hacked clients
- Coaching, (timing quad and other items, relaying enemy positions and giving teamplay suggestions)
Failure to follow these restrictions can result in the player or team receiving harsh penalties such as, but not limited to:
- points deduction
- player disqualification
- team disqualification
- permanent ban.
Warnings and disqualification
- Two warnings will result in disqualification
To retain order in the league and prevent teams from cheating effectively we may issue warnings to teams if they misbehave in some way.
- Having one or several players intentionally drop from server during a game without replacing them
- Playing in more than one team, or playing under someone else's name in another team (mercing). Standins are an exception, with the caveat that a player can not be a standin in the same division as their team.
- Fakenicking to get into a division where you don't belong
- Griefing, flaming and abusive behaviour will not be tolerated.
Most of these cases could result in direct disqualification of the player (and in some cases the whole team) and a ban of at least 1 season.
- The current map should be played to the end, no matter the servers condition
- In case of a disconnected player, teams should pause the game, by team captain asking admin status, all players should concede it fast and elected admin player should type ""pause"". Teams should wait maximum 10 minutes for the player, after that if the player is not back into the server, game must resume.
This procedure exists to help a player/team that encountered a problem, but is not to be abused, which in that case will be analyzed by the admins.
- Admins will decide if a map should be replayed on another server
- If a server gives 2 or more spikes that result in 100% packet loss for all players for more that 10 seconds, the map should be replayed on another server if the teams do not agree to the score/situation.
The admins are there to help you, so if you ever need our assistance or have any questions, you can find us in the GetQuake discord server. Admins can change/fix rules if problems occur.