Rocka is a fixed version of the map Rock based on feedback.
- Fps improvement
- Narrow passage to button has a straight exit
- Angle to spam ra from ga is closed
- Angle to spam tele-exit from quad is more visible
- Lava at ra is shallow, can jump up
- Lava area at ya is slightly smaller, floor slightly wider
- Spawn points marked by runes
- Spawn point at ya slightly moved to be able to avoid telefrag
- Slope jump at low rl is viable
- Cosmetics: colored lightning / textures
For a quick grip of the map layout one can compare it to having a High-RL/Quad area in the same type of way that dm2 has. This "high area" does not have any spawn points - and is only accessible through the maps only teleport. However it is also approachable via 3 different "shortcut jumps" where you jump on top of your teammate on stairs, similar to the quad-shortcut on dm2.
A dynamic and fast paced sensitive tactic required to uphold the important control points.
Factors for the fast pace is the map layout that encourage smooth physical movement and ability to attack and break control points.
For 2on2 it's intended to motivate highly tactical movement and coherency with your mate for strong attack routes to quad / holding the quad control.
A brighter and less noisy texture option available here: https://gfx.quakeworld.nu/details/559/rocka-textures/