QWTF 25th Year Anniversary Cup
(≃ $$200 USD)
LOCKDOWN SHAKEDOWN - OCEANIA FORTRESSONE EVENT. To celebrate the 25th Anniversary Quakeworld Team Fortress, a tournament is taking place on servers in Sydney, Australia. Four teams in total, majority of the players are AU based, with the addition of players from New Zealand.
- Double Elimination Style
- 4 teams, 2x Sunday nights, 2 Hours of TF
- 3 maps per round, each map is 2x10min
- Attack vs. Defense, highest caps win
- Finals to be played Best of 5 Maps
Ok if you’re reading this, you’ve played this game before. No shenanigans, we all have work the next morning. The game is to be played in the spirit of the game that we all know and understand and I’m sure this is why you’ve signed up to play! Banter is welcome and sledging is necessary, however there will be a zero tolerance for any abusive or nuisance players.
-Players must be ready to play by no later than 8.30pm for Round 1 Maps (20.30 AEST 3rd & 10th October ) -Round 2 must commence no later than 10pm, if not earlier. - CEASEFIRE must be typed in mm1 to the other team, prior to using server function. -During the match the Captain may only call CEASEFIRE for the following reasons: 1. Player has dropped from server/timed out, client has closed, or player can’t respawn 2. Player emergency, resulting in leaving game. Ceasefire may only be used BETWEEN Rounds by the Captain for a reasonable reason (i.e. bathroom break).
- Server Selection
-Sydney Staging and Sydney Quad Servers -Server password provided by captains before games
- Match Format
- Captains may negotiate who to attack first - 2 x 10 minute rounds - Blue team attacks first - Total of 3 maps to be played per round - Best of 5 maps to be played in the Finals
- Tie breaker:
Map: 1on1r Format: 1v1 - first to 10 Frags Fraglimit: 10 Timelimit: 10 minutes Server Mode: Duel Rules: Gren1 can be primed upon spawn (before leaving the spawn). Player may not loiter in ressup after spawn, intention is to prime and walk out immediately. Other: Captains to nominate their dueler after tie result (from previous map)
- Server Settings
- sv_antilag 1 - Quad mode enabled - Timelimit 10mins per round - server password enabled
- Please post results #tournament channel on discord - Please post stream links as well - There are no points, best of 3 maps win.
- Universal Class limits
- highlander mode: 1 of each class per team
- no hwguy - no building sentry guns in enemy base by engineer (if not mentioned then accepted for this class)
-no scout -no spy -no medic
- Front defense - The intention of this rule is to ensure the attacking team is able to arrive to the defending teams base, without engaging in combat.
- Defender may not attack an Enemy player who has not entered into their base E.G. 2fort5r Soldier may fire upon the enemy arriving under the grate. - However firing at an attacker that is attempting to RJ onto the balcony is illegal, whilst the team flag is "safe at home" - Defending team may not attack and/or throw grenades and mirvs outside their base whilst flag is at home/inside of base (i.e. Bigdal mirving the bridge in 2fort5r)
The defending team must not engage in "front defense", unless:
- Defending team may only engage in Front Defense when their flag is in close proximity to the front of the base. - Heavy Weapons Cannon may only be allowed to commence use of the assault cannon outside the base (i.e. hwguy standing on 2fort5r balcony and spraying the bridge), once the flag is actually outside the base OR in the doorway of the entry of the base. - This rule is in place only to ensure the hwguy is not spraying the arriving enemy attackers, prior to the flag leaving the home base, if the hwguy is to arrive outside early the hwguy needs to be using the ssg or sg. - The flag has advanced to the area inside the entrance. E.G. the entry room in ff-destroy3 before the main lobby. - Defending the pre-blown grate (i.e. on well6) - Once the enemy has capped your flag, if you are in a front defensive position then you cannot attack enemies, with the exception if you are already in a combative exchange.
- Players must be using discord FortressOne voice channels - Only the 4 players from each clan are allowed to speak in voice during the match - Players who are not participating in the match must mute their microphone. - There is no sharing of information between spectators, those watching streams with the players in the match
Good Luck to all the Teams!