QWTF 25th Year Anniversary Cup
To celebrate the 25th Anniversary Quakeworld Team Fortress, a tournament is taking place on servers in USA. Six teams in total, majority of the players are US based, with the addition of players from Brazil, Australia, New Zealand and Russia.
- Round-Robin Group
- 6 teams, 5 Rounds, 2 weeks per round
- 3 maps per round, each map is 2x10min
- Attack vs. Defense, highest caps win
- Top 4 teams advance to Single-Elimination Playoffs
- Each team to complete round 1 game, before scheduling round 2- Teams to complete their respective round games within 14 days of the round commencing to the best of their ability
- Teams to complete their respective round games within 14 days of the round commencing to the best of their ability
- Captains please ensure your players are wearing clan tags, ideally try and maintain the same alias for the tournament (easier for statistics and videos)
- All matches will be played in US.
- Captains will decide on which server the game is played. If there is no agreement, it will be Dallas. unless AUS team is playing (Cali) or Brazil is playing (Miami)
- Currently there is no min ping rule. If that changes, we will update the site before the matches begin
- 2x 10 minute rounds
- Each team will attack twice, Captains to decide who goes first at beginning of map
- Blue team attacks first
- Total of 3 maps to be played per round
- Quad mode enabled
- Timelimit 10mins per round
- Please post results #tournament channel on discord
- Please post stream links as well
- Maps are worth 3 points for a win, 2 for a draw, 1 for a loss
- Each team may use a maximum of one substitute in any match if agreed upon by team captains
- If a team can only field two players and the opposing team has four, the full team decides if they will accept 2 substitutes.
Universal Class limits
- highlander mode: 1 of each class per team
- no hwguy
- no scout
- no spy
- no medic
- Defender may not attack an Enemy player who has not entered into their base. E.g. 2fort5r Soldier may fire upon the enemy arriving under the grate. However firing at an attacker that is attempting to RJ onto the balcony is illegal, whilst the team flag is "safe at home"
- Defending team may only engage in Front Defense when their flag is in close proximity to the front of the base.
The defending team must not engage in "front defense", unless:
- The flag has advanced to the area inside the entrance. E.G. the main ramp in mbasesr
- Defending the pre-blown grate (i.e. on well6)
- Once the enemy has capped your flag, if you are in a front defensive position then you cannot attack enemies, with the exception if you are already in a combative exchange.
The intention of this rule is to ensure the attacking team is able to arrive to the defending teams base, without engaging in combat.
- Scripts that cause the player's POV to change (e.g. +lookdown) are banned.
- Any other script that might cause an unfair advantage must be declared.
- Justice will have final say, because he's great
- Each clan has a designated voice channel to be used for match
- Only the 4 players from each clan are allowed to speak in voice during the match
- Players who are not participating in the match must mute their microphone.
- There is no sharing of information between spectators, those watching streams with the players in the match