QWDtools is a powerful utility to convert regular uncompressed QuakeWorld demo files (in QWD format) to new-era multi-view format.
No QWZ format support yet, but one can always convert them to QWD manually with Qizmo and run them through QWDtools after that.
- First release: 2001 by Highlander
- Current version: QWDtools 0.26 build 2666 (April 10th, 2007)
- Official website: http://mvdsv.sourceforge.net/
- QWDtools is a powerful tool to convert QWD demos (first person view only) into MVD demos, allowing whoever is watching the demo to change POV as well as float around. Thus it was used by several QW Movie authors in order to freely position the 'camera' and capture a trick from another angle or position.
- The QWD --> MVD conversion will automatically compress the demo, reducing its file size to a fractional amount.