Qenya War Tournament 1/Information
- It's a hybrid model of clans/draft that tries to make teams as equal as possible and at the same time keep players together who wants to play on the same team.
- The tournament consists of two stages:
- A round-robin group stage.
- A single elimination playoff.
- The first 2 teams in Division 1A and Division 1B go to gold playoffs. They play semifinals, bronzegame and final.
- Teams 3 to 5 in Division 1A and Division 1B go to silver playoffs. Teams 4 and 5 play quarterfinals and the winners plays team 3 in semifinals. Then bronzegame and final.
- Division 2 doesn't have playoffs, but we will organize something if they so desire.
- Teams have to play one match per week (except when they have a bye).
- Each team plays each other once in a GO3 (game of three, not best of three) match in the group stage.
- Playoff matches are BO5.
Teams can have as many players as they want in their roster. A player can only play for one team in each tournament*. If a team wants to add a player during the regular season, admins must approve it for obvious reasons; added players must not create an imbalance in the division. This is an admin decision.
You can not add a player during playoffs, so the deadline for adding a player is BEFORE your last regular season game.
*Some players have been allowed to play for more than one team. The reason for this is to help recruit more players into division 2. This means that some players are playing in both division 1 and division 2. Also in division 2, players already in a team can stand in for other teams if needed, as long as the skill level is the same. Admins and the respective team captains can make this decision.
The ranking is determined by taking the following stats into account (in order):
- Points (1 point per match win).
- Map difference.
- Internal fight.
- Map difference in those internal fights.
- Frag difference in those internal fights.
- Total frag difference of all games.
- cmt3 (Div1)
- italy_beta1 (Div2)
- The procedure is "pick-pick-toss-toss".
- The team that wins "/cmd rnd team1 team2" picks first and tosses last.
- Each match will be three maps.
- The procedure is "pick-pick-pick-pick-play".
- The team that wins "/cmd rnd team1 team2" picks first.
- The first team to win 3 maps wins.
- Maps must not be repeated.
- If the match is not won after 3 maps have been played, the team that's down 1-2 picks the next map.
- All matches have a deadline (consult the division page for the dates).
- Teams should schedule matches on the Discord server and tag the admins when a time and date has been found.
- If a team is not making any efforts to schedule a match it will be taken into consideration when a WO has to be assigned.
- The primary driver for server selection is to find a server where the teams have similar average pings (+/- 2ms) and to minimize that average.
- The pings should be the most even for the two teams and measures like cl_delay_packet or proxy rerouting to balance pings should be employed. A team with a higher average ping than their opponent on a given server may request the opponent to do this (or change server to somewhere with lower average ping).
- Matches must be played on EU servers.
- The highest minping that can be required is 52ms. This may occasionally mean matches played with uneven pings where one team has high pinging players, e.g. NA players on EU server.
- This process applies for every map played. Where lineup changes are made between maps it may become necessary to switch servers or adjust pings at the request of either team to rebalance pings.
- Servers that are providing significant packetloss that cannot be avoided by proxy rerouting should generally be avoided unless both teams agree to play there.
- If players still can't agree on a server, please contact admins about it. Admin decision is final and refusal to play on a server designated by neutral admins will be considered a WalkOver loss.
- Timelimit: 20 minutes
- Overtime: 5 minutes
- Deathmatch mode: 1
- Teamplay mode: 2
- Spawn mode: KTX2
- Powerups: ON
- Discharge: ON
- Airstep: OFF
- Jawnmode: OFF
- Antilag: 2
- Fallbunny: ON
- Teamoverlay: OFF
- No berzerk, midair, instagib or other unusual modes.
- If a team requests /nospecs, the other team is obliged to comply.
- Allowed clients: ezQuake 3.2.x or 3.6-alphaX
- Allowed ruleset: smackdown, qcon
- Allowed proxies: qwfwd, Qizmo 2.91
- The captain of the team that wins has to report the match in the #reports channel on Discord.
- A report consists of screenshots and server-side MVDs.