Even if race is not one of the most played QW mode among the available play modes in KTX, the skills required to be the fastest at the bottom of some slopes still call some people for competition.
Click read more to know why the newest KTX will make racers happy...
KTX's race just got quite a lifting recently and before releasing KTX 1.37, we would like interested players to have a good look at this new version and find all the little bugs we probably let slip by.
Among the new things brought by this revamp that are listed just below, our main focus was to allow for a smoother and easier player experience, as well as improve functionalities. Here is what we came up with:
- Easy ways to get in/out of line or cancel race
- 10 best server scores saved for every map
- Display of top scores details
- Race speccing (players in line can follow current racer)
- Multiple speccing POVs (got to try the "backpack" ride with free look on!)
- Easy player side creation of new routes
- New route markers (easier to see and follow)
- Silent server demo autorecording
- Consolidation of command syntax
Of course all of those add up to the existing features already available before, ending up in a pretty nice racing package for interested players.
Of course of all that needs some extensive testing, and if you have a few minutes, why don't you give it a try and give us feedback. Here's how:Connect to one of the following servers:
Load a racing map, let's say slide5.bsp ("/slide5" command) and turn race on ("/race" command). Invite some buddies to join you, it's funnier when you are several, and to get in line just use the regular "/ready" command. To cancel a run if you fell in lava or something, just "/kill" yourself, and if you want to take a break, use the usual "/break" command to get out of line. It's that easy!
You can also check all the new race commands by listing all the commands that start with "race_".
Make a few runs, try to beat records, do silly things and please report as much as possible bugs and missing features, as well as general feedback. We'd love to hear what you have to say.
The following URLs are at your disposal for feedback:
- For bugs and features requests: http://ktx.qw-dev.net/issues/new
- For general feedback: http://www.quakeworld.nu/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=61205#p61205