After an all-too-long wait, ezQuake 3.1 is finally finished. You can upgrade to the latest version by downloading from the official site
, or you can read the changelog first at github
. That's also the place to report bugs & issues.
Compared to the 3.0 release, most changes should be relatively minor.
Many thanks to everyone who has contributed over the past two years with suggestions, patches & testing.
Very quick version of the full changelog:
- Is in line with mvdsv 0.32 & KTX 1.39, including new protocol extensions for smoother high-ping play.
- FTE's basic VOIP support re-introduced after being removed in 3.0
- Server browser fixes (especially for OSX, which failed to update URL sources in 3.0.1)
- Multiview should be more reliable, power-up 'stack' bars added, item timers more reliable
- Built-in crosshairs can be scaled (source image increased rather than small image scaled up)
- Translucent players in KTX race mode
Any 3.2 will be relatively minor changes (updating versions of internal libraries used on Windows builds), some small projects I have lying around unfinished (the static item timers on 4v4 youtube demos). 4.0 will probably be the current '3.5' (the major rendering update currently riddled with bugs) and hopefully released before the end of the year.