User panel stuff on forum
  98 posts on 4 pages  First page1234Last page
General Discussion
2006-09-30, 17:57
85 posts

May 2006
i get sick of looking at the same scenery.
2006-09-30, 18:53
129 posts

Mar 2006
goqsane wrote:
You see, I would compare QuakeWorld to Formula 1, why do the drivers race on the same tracks over and over?

Because you can never get perfect on them, you always learn something new, same goes to TB3 in QW :>

The odd thing is that F1 tracks are constanly changing and updated, nurburgring for instance, it was once over 18miles long...

In fact F1 tracks get added and removed quite often and for that matter the rules are changed quite regularly as well, you comparision, I have to say, is somewhat flawed my friend
Wheeeeeee!!
2006-10-01, 08:17
637 posts

Jan 2006
yeah, I have been fully aware of the changes on F1 tracks and I knew someone would point that out, the general idea however can be understood from my point, most tracks get security measures changes, and most of them have been done in the past, so now they are virtually the same throughout the seasons, anyway, my point remains :|
http://slip.4.pl/ - unblocking myspace facebook firewall
2006-10-02, 08:05
104 posts

Mar 2006
i've been dreaming about playing modern games, say quake4 with QW.
it would be very interesting if players could challenge others cross clients, like me playing against some guy playing on Q3 or Q4.
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/fifa/06/bypa/ptw/asamoah_l.jpg
2006-10-02, 17:18
69 posts

Feb 2006
now you're thinking....
2006-10-05, 12:52
News Writer
254 posts

Mar 2006
I think that at the moment, things are healthy enough in the qw scene number wise. I.e its a nice established community.
However like with anything, you have to plan for the future otherwise the numbers playing will decline eventually.
Once this decline starts it will accelerate and you end up very quickly with a very small scene like in NA.

I think it would be easy to pull more players back into the game by sending a small EZQuake package to games societies in Universities.
The one advantage that QW has, is that you can run it on any old machine that a University might have and you dont need good hardware.
Also you can strip out all additional textures etc and you play qw and are just taking up a few Megs of Hard disk space.
These are some of the key strengths that should be exploited. QW is very versatile and any one can play it.

It wont ever get back a large playing scene but its important that each year there are new players coming in to revive the game.
I ain't got no time for this jibber jabber fool
2006-10-05, 18:05
357 posts

Mar 2006
Can't our Quake be a hot piece of iron that we bang shape out of? I think that mods, and engine effects will keep the free game society of most universities active. Though, look at cpma, warsow, counterstrike, 3wave, etc mods that later built a community... if the player level is down, revive the media content. The gameplay is solid-- period.
2007-06-09, 19:27
4 posts

Jul 2006
pleuraXeraphim wrote:
I think that at the moment, things are healthy enough in the qw scene number wise. I.e its a nice established community.
However like with anything, you have to plan for the future otherwise the numbers playing will decline eventually.
Once this decline starts it will accelerate and you end up very quickly with a very small scene like in NA.

Exactly what is happening with ETF since years - you see less and less people.
And once in a while a few new ones who give up after a few days. They give up basically because they want to have fun and that is what is lacking in a community consisting of hardcore players only. Especially with QW it is pretty hard - every hit is a death especially on FFA servers.

Nope, I do not want to say lower damage or increase health or any other kind of gameplay changes, the only thing needed is letting weaker players have fun and uber players have fun. That's what is pretty impossible right now as there is no mixed community and qw's look isn't refreshing what might attract players anyways

The whole point is: QW is a great game (as of gameplay), it deserves to educate newer generations :p

PS: It's like: come on a CS/BF/anyotheruselessgame server with status 1336 players connected, someone pissing you off with "noob" is not of any matter. Make your way of getting into a community, join a server and get raped by literally everyone requires a lot of engagement to change such situation instead of moving on.

PPS: Just interested what people still think after such long time
  98 posts on 4 pages  First page1234Last page