User panel stuff on forum
  9 posts on 1 page  1
Other Tournaments
2006-06-04, 22:53
News Writer
275 posts

May 2006
I will make some pointers here about some of the rules. It would be nice with some feedback, either you like it or hate it. Thanks :>

As you know (if you have read the rules), players can alias their heart out. But the point of the league is to make activity. Serious clans will never take in such players anyway. Aliasing can also help out players who dont want their true nick to get beaten up on "weird maps".

But the ranking/point system will not allow players to change aliases if they are interested in such. Players who are not interested in that, and are just in it for the fun of it, can ofc play with different nicks every tournament. So what? This only means more activity.

In my opinion, qw4ever.com offers a playing ground for all kind of players, no matter the goal or ambition. Serious clans/players will not get affected much by this, since aliasers cant advance in the rankings. If players want to make a new standard nick for them self, then fine, they are no longer fakenicking, coz everyone will then know whom they are, sooner or later.

Feedback on this would help a lot.
Link, we are not even oldtimers anymore, we are dinosaurs. - Hooraytio
2006-06-05, 09:13
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
the real question is if fakenicking really will increase activity.

a lot of people hate fakenickers, would they really want to play in a league FULL of them?
2006-06-05, 10:39
News Writer
275 posts

May 2006
I think fakenicking will adjust itself to a minimum, because of the ranking system. Id rather want ppl fakenicking than not wanting to play with their realnicks on "weird maps". Maybe this system can be a way to get some ppl to try out new maps. I guess time will tell :>
2006-06-05, 19:21
248 posts

Jan 2006
Hm, i dont think ppl that fakenick will stop doing that just to get some ranking. And i dont think ppl fake if they are afraid to loose on a kenyamap. People are more mature then that, if they arent then dont make a league just for them..

Still, i like the idea of getting a lot of games on some new (old) maps!
2006-06-06, 15:26
485 posts

Feb 2006
I won't play if there's fakes.
2006-06-06, 16:34
1754 posts

Jan 2006
I won't play if Kalma isn't playing.
2006-06-07, 06:34
News Writer
275 posts

May 2006
Lets see how it goes before we start to cry :>
2006-06-07, 16:15
637 posts

Jan 2006
Sorry, but I think this league is dead even though it didn't start yet, as much as I want QuakeWorld to evolve, I don't want custom maps, k
http://slip.4.pl/ - unblocking myspace facebook firewall
2006-06-07, 17:35
News Writer
275 posts

May 2006
Well, goqsane, thanks for telling us that you got a choice... :>
  9 posts on 1 page  1