User panel stuff on forum
  38 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
Server Talk
2009-04-02, 03:28
229 posts

Aug 2007
"Clan Arena

One of the gamemodes in QuakeWorld where two teams, usually of four players each, face each other. No items are on the map, and both teams start out with full health, armor, weapons and ammunition. When one player dies, he or she is out for the round. When every player from a particular team is out for the round, the round ends and the team with players still remaining gains a point.

Clan Arena is not an avalible gametype in KTPro or KTX, you must join a server running a special Clan Arena modification to play. The most popular Clan Arena serverside mod appears to be Clan Arena Chapmion Edition Plus by R2.
"

@ http://wiki.quakeworld.nu/Clan_Arena
TEAM QUAD [need nothing]
shaga loses another friend
shaga discovers blast radius

QUAD
2009-04-02, 03:44
386 posts

Apr 2006
Two teams spawn on an itemless map (dmm4 style) with full armour, health and all weapons and unlimited ammo for everything, except for a limit imposed on grenade launcher ammo to prevent endless gl spam. You cannot damage yourself, your armour or your team mates so rocket jumping and firing into your team mates is encouraged. There is a 5-second countdown before they can begin firing, then a last-man-standing game ensues until all players on one team have died. A round is then awarded to the victors. When players are killed they are moved to a sort of spectator team so they cannot communicate with their team mates in mm2 to inform them of enemy locations.

After this happens, the map is reset and the series continues until one team has won 5 rounds.

Players should be allowed to join in the middle of a series between rounds as CA is very much a pickup game.

Pretty much any aspect of the game should be changeable, such as the amount of armour, health, number of teams, ammunition limits and the number of rounds required to win.

One more strange thing required for competitive play is the "time out" feature which was only ever been implemented for dm3 because that's all anyone ever played competitively. After a reasonable amount of time (I'm sure someone here will be able to tell you how long) if no team has claimed victory all remaining teams are immediately teleported to opposite ends of the pent area to battle it out. This was implemented to negate the painful 10-minute matches where one guy would sit in RA and his opponent would refuse to go in and engage him.

That's all I can think of. I'm sure someone will point out what I've forgotten shortly.

[edit]Damn you, shaga! I shouldn't have left this post unfinished while I went and cooked some food.[/edit]

I almost forgot: Personal score is accumulated by gaining 1 point per 100 damage delivered instead of 1 point per kill.
2009-04-02, 11:44
950 posts

Apr 2006
Ok then, discussion continues on #qw-dev
2009-04-02, 12:28
News Writer
283 posts

Jan 2007
CA in KTX would be sweet. This thread has all the infos. Especially manny's post.
A current server is geeky.cc:27510 if the developers want to find stuff out when noone is around to ask. It's quite a popular server now, especially on Tuesday nights...
2009-04-02, 17:46
357 posts

Mar 2006
I recreated my own CA mod in netQuake, not using mungo's source code at all.
While the game logic/ruleset is pretty simple, the actual backbone of the game is
a linked list of players, and keeping everything organized. QuakeC has a few quirky
bits about it that require some sanity checks. You can check out the mod running at
speaknow.quakeone.com:26000 (69.90.119.245:26000)
or
rage.quakeone.com:26000
Again, this is a netQuake mod so u'll need /nqconnect to signon. There is usually a game going non stop on speaknow.

edit: Type /info to see a brief list of features..
also as of today, quakeone.com's DNS is temp offline but i added the ip addy to speaknow and it works..

While my own project is closed source, I wouldnt mind letting the KTX dev team a peek. The core gamecode is really in just 1 file.
2009-04-04, 08:56
485 posts

Feb 2006
manny wrote:
Don't camp in RA spamming nades out of all exits, it's just annoying.

Might the anti-camping mode from early days of QW-FFA work well with CA? Server would deliver damage to a player who stays in one place too long.
2009-04-04, 13:22
950 posts

Apr 2006
Hehe that'd be cool
2009-04-04, 14:50
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
qqshka wrote:
I have no idea that CA is and not willing dig in to CA sources, but if anyone explain that CA is all about, then, perhaps, it will be added.

You can play ClanArena 1on1, 2on2 3on3 4on4 5on5 6on6 2on1 3on1 3on2 etc.. all kind of ways even 2on2on2 etc..

The idea is that you play acouple of "rounds" and best of for example 10 rounds wins.

Lets put up an example for you QQ:
teamA: Sassa renzo
teamb: deurk QQ junior

before the games starts peope choose teams and after that go ready!
When the game will start each player spawns and a countdown from 5 to 1 starts and when it goes 0 the players can shoot.
The amount of armor/weapons/shells/cells/rocketz are different but unlimited rocketz for RL and 200 100 is the ordinary way from what I have experienced.
I think its called teamplay3 when you cant hurt your enemy or yourself, is used, to let people RJ around the map!
Teamsays are used aswell!!
When a player is killed, then the player is "observer" during that round until the round ends, then the player get back in for the next round!
example: Roz kills junior (junior is "observer" until round2 starts)
There are no items on the map and when there are only 1 left on each team a 60 sec countdown should start to end the round quickly!

What do you say QQ?
The main problems for me right now in the mod that consists today is the lack of voting admin/getting into teams easier/rpick/problems to spec through "observer mode" and alot more bugs

its basically a teamplay soft of dmm4 with a few modifications + cool sounds that go from 5-1 and then it says FIGHT with a touch of Ultimate Fighting

I hope I didnt miss anything here, GL QQ and may the force be weak on you
  38 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page