Client Talk
2022-11-05, 13:39
News Writer
66 posts

Sep 2013
2022-11-06, 15:36
224 posts

Mar 2007
Disastrous for me. Can't connect to my Painkeep server, end up with it freezing as soon as I connect, console still full-screen, crashes and now typing in the dreaded OpenGL crashed app bright ass screen. Had this issue all along with the 3.6 betas, thought I'd wait until release to see if it was fixed.

Gonna try vanilla servers, but any bright ideas in the meantime would be appreciated. (hey! a pun!)

[edit] Seems ok on vanilla servers, didnt see any other mods to try besides TF and I didnt feel like downloading a ton now.
2022-11-13, 19:29
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
"Added /follow command to find a player by name and connect to the same server (EMPIRE)"

Will this not interfere with the QTV cmd that you can use to follow a certain QTV user?
2022-11-14, 04:00
32 posts

Sep 2016
I can't run both classic and modern exe since I get error message "this program can't start since VCRUNTIME140.DLL is missing on this computer"
Anyone know a solution to this?
I'm using windows 7. Windows update hasn't worked on my pc for 3-4 years. Is it possible that I'm missing that dll since my windows is not updated?
2022-11-16, 20:16
344 posts

Nov 2006
Repast wrote:
I can't run both classic and modern exe since I get error message "this program can't start since VCRUNTIME140.DLL is missing on this computer"
Anyone know a solution to this?
I'm using windows 7. Windows update hasn't worked on my pc for 3-4 years. Is it possible that I'm missing that dll since my windows is not updated?

You will have to install the Microsoft VS runtime. I think this particular one is for Visual Studio 2015. I think it is this one:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145
2022-12-03, 21:31
2023-01-07, 00:28
50 posts

Mar 2014
What is the difference between the 3 exe files?

edit:
The attached assets:
rls-classic.zip: contains the binary with std renderer
rls-modern.zip: contains the binary glsl renderer
rls-all.zip: contains the binary with both renderer

'rls' stand for 'release'

which one do you recommend? I haven't played since 2020 and there was only an ezquake.exe afaik. Also nQuake is not downloading a newer exe, it gets the 3.1.

Im trying to run ezquake_rls_all.exe but Windows 10 stops it from running saying it may be dangerous. I don't see any sha-256 checksums or something anywhere. I got it from github posted by "tcsabina" but this guy is not mentione don the wiki
https://www.quakeworld.nu/wiki/EzQuake
2023-02-06, 08:08
1 post

Dec 2022
alexey wrote:
What is the difference between the 3 exe files?

edit:
The attached assets:
rls-classic.zip: contains the binary with std renderer
rls-modern.zip: contains the binary glsl renderer
rls-all.zip: contains the binary with both renderer

'rls' stand for 'release'

which one do you recommend? I haven't played since 2020 and there was only an ezquake.exe afaik. Also nQuake is not downloading a newer exe, it gets the 3.1.

Im trying to run ezquake_rls_all.exe but Windows 10 stops it from running saying it may be dangerous. I don't see any sha-256 checksums or something anywhere. I got it from github posted by "tcsabina" but this guy is not mentione don the wiki
https://www.quakeworld.nu/wiki/EzQuake

KNASTY'S repo
2023-05-17, 02:07
1 post

May 2023
How about fixing the nailgun where it renders the muzzle flash wrong?
  9 posts on 1 page  1