User panel stuff on forum
  5 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2021-02-08, 14:36
1 post

Feb 2021
Hello, jOn here from Sweden.

Haven't touched qw for many years now, but I do wonder. Is there a place for an oldie these days? Where do I begin? What servers are popular?

All the best
/J
2021-02-09, 06:12
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Hello and welcome back!

To get the game again you can get the nQuake package from www.nquake.com (it's ezQuake client bundled with the shareware, brightskins etc)

For the community you should really join the Discord on discord.quake.world as that's essentially the IRC replacement.

For servers you can just use the in-game server browser or badplace.eu to see and join on-going games via the browser.

There's definitely a place for oldies and you'll hopefully be pleasantly surprised to see that there is still quite a lot of action going on.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2021-02-09, 10:56
231 posts

Jan 2006
Ake Vader wrote:
Hello and welcome back!

To get the game again you can get the nQuake package from www.nquake.com (it's ezQuake client bundled with the shareware, brightskins etc)

For the community you should really join the Discord on discord.quake.world as that's essentially the IRC replacement.

For servers you can just use the in-game server browser or badplace.eu to see and join on-going games via the browser.

There's definitely a place for oldies and you'll hopefully be pleasantly surprised to see that there is still quite a lot of action going on.

Thanks Åke, much appreciated.

/J
2021-03-04, 15:35
2 posts

Mar 2021
Jon, you old fox! I also started few weeks ago. Lets play some day
2021-03-04, 15:37
2 posts

Mar 2021
Im usually playing on KTX servers, cya there
  5 posts on 1 page  1