User panel stuff on forum
  18 posts on 1 page  1
Maps & Textures
2006-05-18, 04:42
182 posts

Mar 2006
http://www.quakeone.com/maps

The top of the site is more geared towards the needs of players in our community (QuakeOne.com) to find maps, but immediately below that, the generally useful information begins.

I spent some time (a lot of time, actually) putting together just about all resources regarding maps together into one place. (It's not perfect yet ... I can think of some things I want to add).

The top of the page is more geared towards players in our community looking for map packages for specific servers (Rocket Arena, RQuake, etc.)

But after that top section, are links and banners on everything about maps from Quaddicted's archive, to map making resources, level secrets, single player map reviews, to Quakeworld tricking links, etc.

http://www.quakeone.com/q1files/img/maps/thumb.gif

(yeah, this only has screenshots of, I think, 160 to 170 maps ... way short of the grand total # of DM maps. I may eventually take screenshots of, say, every map in Trinca's map archive.)

If you notice an omission or something useful that could added, let me know and I'll do that.

(Feel free to take/borrow screenshots or anything else of use. That's true of anything I do. If anyone can do a better job, feel free to incorporate anything you need that I have made. Quake/Quakeworld deserves nice stuff.)
--------
Is that a roll of toothpicks in your pocket or are you just happy to see Sassa?
2006-05-18, 07:37
1754 posts

Jan 2006
in the dranz-maps I miss dranzdm8
add the cpmqw-maps as well?
2006-05-18, 07:46
182 posts

Mar 2006
When I get time, I'll try to take screenshots of every DM map there is. I have a largely automated process for doing this. I'm not sure when I'll do it. When I do, I'll make sure there aren't HUDs displayed or crosshairs -- just plain pictures of the maps.

Whenever maps.quakeworld.nu comes back up, whoever works on that is free to take any of this and use it.

Quote:

Dranzdm8 is a kick ass map. I love playing Clan Arena on that map. One of the best maps of all time for that purpose. So is schloss. (Ironically --- and maybe this is just me --- but I think Schloss and Dranzdm8 suxxorz real bad for DM)
--------
2006-05-18, 11:02
171 posts

Jan 2006
i'd be happy to have my locs there, or a link to my locs @ my own page, since i update them from time to time...
.over.and.out.ten.four.roger.that.affirmative.
2006-05-18, 11:20
1754 posts

Jan 2006
Baker5 wrote:
Quote:

Dranzdm8 is a kick ass map. I love playing Clan Arena on that map. One of the best maps of all time for that purpose. So is schloss. (Ironically --- and maybe this is just me --- but I think Schloss and Dranzdm8 suxxorz real bad for DM)

hehe, I love playing 2on2 on dranzdm8
never tried clan arena on it tho, neither schloss but I can imagine how great that would be
2006-05-18, 14:42
182 posts

Mar 2006
flintheart wrote:
i'd be happy to have my locs there, or a link to my locs @ my own page, since i update them from time to time...

I knew there was something that I was missing. I'll do that.
--------
2006-05-18, 15:04
1100 posts

Jan 2006
"Trinca's Gigantic DM Map at Quaddicted.com/dm"? archive or some other word is missing
Also I think you might not know http://www.denken.com/dzone/quake1.htm yet. (I have to check if those maps are in /dm, heh)
2006-05-18, 17:21
182 posts

Mar 2006
Spirit ... I do need to fix that typo. Speaking of http://www.quaddicted.com/dm ...

It says "403 Forbidden ...You don't have permission to access /dm/ on this server."

Is that a new change, or just another side effect of the changes/upgrades you made recently?
--------
2006-05-18, 20:49
1100 posts

Jan 2006
Quaddicted.com frontpage wrote:
Something else: I underestimated the traffic caused by the Q1C packages so only ~9GB traffic remain for this month. I disabled access to the packages now and will re-enable it at the first of June. Sorry about that but I pay for every GB that's above my trafficlimit and I will top it anyways. The /dm directory listing is not available until June, the files remain where they are though so just guess the filename
I appeal only to download what you _really_ need during the next two weeks. Thanks

2006-05-18, 21:28
182 posts

Mar 2006
That German Quake 1 Complete Project did it, I bet (600 MB per download)
--------
2006-05-19, 02:55
182 posts

Mar 2006
Spirit wrote:
The /dm directory listing is not available until June, the files remain where they are though so just guess the filename
I appeal only to download what you _really_ need during the next two weeks. Thanks

Yah know, Spirit ... there is some extremely low cost file hosting out there, and I'm not talking about crap with ads and other bullshit.

http://www.e-rice.net

"Static B : $15/yr - 150MB space - 15GB/mo transfer" <--- yes that is $15 per year

So for about $45 per year, you can have 3 of those and do 45 GB per month with 450 MB of storage.

Next question: Do they suck? Well, I can't remember whether you visited Singed.Net which died about 4 days before QuakeOne.com opened in March of this year, or whether or not you visited TLTQ.com (a site before Singed), but Aquashark and vb did (among others) and that site was never down. And as anyone can tell you, Singed.Net was heavily visited and E-Rice.Net was the web host for both of those sites. Requires PayPal.
--------
2006-05-19, 04:04
54 posts

Mar 2006
jsut wanted to say, great site Baker5. Heaps of good info there, wasted an hour of work time today taking a look around

Gonna try Qrack out tonight to play some single player quake on..
2006-05-19, 08:26
1100 posts

Jan 2006
Sure I was member at TLTQ and I think at singed too.
That hosting is quite non-cheap compare to what I got...
I pay about 84$ per year and I get 10gb space and 100gb monthly traffic
(Yes, the q1c project did 80gb traffic in 1 week)
2006-05-19, 15:29
182 posts

Mar 2006
Where do you get your hosting from?
--------
2006-05-19, 22:41
1100 posts

Jan 2006
www.all-inkl.com
got some xmas special upgrade there
2006-05-20, 00:43
182 posts

Mar 2006
Whoa! I just did some looking around:

http://order.1and1.com/xml/order/HostingOverview

$35.88 per year, 250 GB of bandwidth per month, 5 GB of space and a lot more.

http://www.1and1.com

Man have the prices dropped since I last checked.

(Btw, 1and1.com is a huge and reliable web host giant. I have a 3 year free account I got in 2003 from them as a promo. It expires in the beginning of next year, I can say it has never been down and I've not had a single problem.)
--------
2006-05-20, 03:15
182 posts

Mar 2006
xus wrote:
jsut wanted to say, great site Baker5. Heaps of good info there, wasted an hour of work time today taking a look around

Gonna try Qrack out tonight to play some single player quake on..

Ah, I didn't notice your post due Spirit's usual forum spamming, heheh (joke).

I'm glad you liked it. Thanks!
--------
2006-07-29, 12:57
13 posts

Apr 2006
Baker5 wrote:
Whoa! I just did some looking around:

http://order.1and1.com/xml/order/HostingOverview

$35.88 per year, 250 GB of bandwidth per month, 5 GB of space and a lot more.

http://www.1and1.com

Man have the prices dropped since I last checked.

(Btw, 1and1.com is a huge and reliable web host giant. I have a 3 year free account I got in 2003 from them as a promo. It expires in the beginning of next year, I can say it has never been down and I've not had a single problem.)

Its all fun and games until it does expire, at which point they expect you to print out and sign/fax a cancellation form. If you do not have a printer/fax machine available, you have to write it out by hand and snail mail it. Failure to do so will result in them letting you build up debt until they send a collection agency after you. It happened to a few friends, I barely avoided it with legal threats. Google around and you'll find a lot of similar complaints.
  18 posts on 1 page  1