User panel stuff on forum
  5 posts on 1 page  1
Client Talk
2020-05-16, 18:30
4 posts

May 2020
Don't know exactly when or why this started happening. I updated to ezQuake 3.2 a while ago. No issues. Recently every time it loads I get "Using SDL Audio, Shutting down SDLAudio, using SDL Audio, Shutting down SDLAudio, using SDL Audio, Shutting down SDLAudio," After that it just hangs (can't do anything). I try to restart and it says ezQuake is all ready running. I have to go to task manager and end task. I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled nQuake. Same issue. I uninstalled and reinstalled video (and sound) drivers. Same issue. I went back to 3.01 and it works fine now. Really starnge. Any ideas?

ASRock 970A-G/3.1
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
AMD FX-8350
ATI Radeon RX 560 Series (x2 Crossfire) Adrenalin 20.4.2
Realtek High Definition Audio
TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 (SATA )
16GB A-Data Technology PC3-12800 (800 MHz)
2020-05-19, 12:34
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
I don't have an answer for why this is happening, but you could try one of the 3.5 alpha builds to see if the issue persists.
2020-05-19, 20:25
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
SDL crashing is likely a symptom of this issue: https://www.quakeworld.nu/news/1108/ezquake-max-neighbours-count-reache

Reinstalling nQuake won't help because the setting that cause it (sb_findroutes) is enabled by default. Only thing i can't explain is why 3.0.1 would fix it as the issue is a decade old or so but only surfaced when enough QWFWD proxies were installed.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2020-05-21, 18:41
4 posts

May 2020
Zalon wrote:
I don't have an answer for why this is happening, but you could try one of the 3.5 alpha builds to see if the issue persists.

I forgot to mention that I actually tried 3.5 Alpha and had the same issue. I just tried it again (ran it several times) and no longer having the issue. I have a feeling drivers may have been an issue, but who knows. BTW - what's the difference between ezquake-glsl.exe and ezquake-std.exe?
2020-05-24, 09:06
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
FragZilla wrote:
Zalon wrote:

I forgot to mention that I actually tried 3.5 Alpha and had the same issue. I just tried it again (ran it several times) and no longer having the issue. I have a feeling drivers may have been an issue, but who knows. BTW - what's the difference between ezquake-glsl.exe and ezquake-std.exe?

ezquake-glsl supports a new graphics renderer while ezquake-std is the old one (OpenGL).
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
  5 posts on 1 page  1