User panel stuff on forum
  5 posts on 1 page  1
Other Tournaments
2020-04-20, 12:18
15 posts

Apr 2009
With the current deployment of Quakelatino Servers throughout all of Latin America, and everyone pinging good than ever before and of course taking advantage of the Coronavirus Quarantine and everyone being home, I wanted to have a tournament that has needed to take place for the longest time now.

There will be two divisions

North America Division
South America Division

Each champion will face off in the Grand Final.

Map selection, not final (suggestions welcomed)

aerowalk
ztndm3
bravado
skull
shifter
etc...

Registration is underway and rules will be posted on website end of week.
Register now !!!. *** valid to participants in the Americas only.
2020-04-22, 10:45
News Writer
912 posts

Jan 2006
Can i enter and play on high ping from Australia
2020-04-22, 13:25
Administrator
384 posts

Dec 2006
I've leave it for the admins to comment formally but typically where this sort of thing has been allowed in other tournaments there is an expectation that players from other continents can't necessarily always force the optimal server choice for them. E.g. an Aussie player wanting to play everything on a west coast (or whatever is best) server against players from East coast and forcing them to have much higher ping than usual. Whilst that is 'unfair' it acknowledges the fact that generally players should have their own tournaments in their continents and if they chose to enter then they have to accept a disadvantage above and beyond what they might have by only playing on their first choice server.
2020-04-25, 03:10
News Writer
912 posts

Jan 2006
HangTime wrote:
I've leave it for the admins to comment formally but typically where this sort of thing has been allowed in other tournaments there is an expectation that players from other continents can't necessarily always force the optimal server choice for them. E.g. an Aussie player wanting to play everything on a west coast (or whatever is best) server against players from East coast and forcing them to have much higher ping than usual. Whilst that is 'unfair' it acknowledges the fact that generally players should have their own tournaments in their continents and if they chose to enter then they have to accept a disadvantage above and beyond what they might have by only playing on their first choice server.

Actually they were quite receptive to my entering:
Quote:
might as well add Australians in the mix. everyone except those dirty Euros.
2020-04-27, 01:53
News Writer
280 posts

May 2006
clawunf wrote:

Map selection, not final (suggestions welcomed)

aerowalk
ztndm3
bravado
skull
shifter
etc...

catalyst
monsoon
toxicity_test2
  5 posts on 1 page  1