User panel stuff on forum
  5 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2019-05-31, 18:12
45 posts

Apr 2017
I'm currently making a bot that plays DM4 like a human and does all the fancy tricks that humans do like bunny hopping, sticky wall sliding, fake dropping etc. It also has all the limitations of a human like not being able to see through walls and so has to use sound to keep track of an opponent's position.

You can download here.

To install it you can create a new folder in your quake folder and drop the above qwprogs.dat file into it. Then when you start QW you enter Gamedir <foldername> into the console and then 'Map DM4'. The bot should then enter automatically.
2019-05-31, 21:27
334 posts

Feb 2006
lemonjuiced wrote:
I'm currently making a bot that plays DM4 like a human and does all the fancy tricks that humans do like bunny hopping, sticky wall sliding, fake dropping etc. It also has all the limitations of a human like not being able to see through walls and so has to use sound to keep track of an opponent's position.

You can download here.

To install it you can create a new folder in your quake folder and drop the above qwprogs.dat file into it. Then when you start QW you enter Gamedir <foldername> into the console and then 'Map DM4'. The bot should then enter automatically.

Doesn't work for me on ezquake 3.5 no bot is joining
ProjectQ1Q3, Frogbot Waypoint and Map Conversion Tutorial @ http://mickkn.mooo.com
2019-06-01, 14:56
45 posts

Apr 2017
Mick wrote:

When the map loads try the command 'Addbot' . If that fails then you could try temporarily replacing the qwprogs.dat file in your qw folder with my version.
2019-06-02, 11:01
Administrator
1842 posts

Feb 2006
Mick wrote:

lemonjuiced wrote:
When the map loads try the command 'Addbot' . If that fails then you could try temporarily replacing the qwprogs.dat file in your qw folder with my version.

He is most likely using nQuake, which has a qwprogs.dat in the frogbot.pk3 file, and it takes precedence.
2019-06-02, 13:37
286 posts

Sep 2012
I'm not using nquake andI'm not sure if it works either, even after removing progs.pk3 and the fbca folder I had.
I mean after a /gamedir test , /map dm4, /addbot I have a bot but it seems like a regular level 10 bot, with a regular random name...
  5 posts on 1 page  1