News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
4on4 Spawnfraggin Tournament October-November 2018

===

Tournament site is here: http://wiki.qhlan.org/wiki/SundaySpawnfraggin18

Admins:: qirex, Ragga, ocoini , you?

Teams schedule:
Teams can schedule matches outside of these times - Please do so!
Walkover evaluation will however follow this schedule:

Week 1: October 17-24:
Diamond vs ROT - 020 vs STA - Moo vs Pulsar

Week 2: October 24 - 31:
STA vs Moo - ROT vs 020 - Mira vs Diamond

Week 3: October 31 - 7 November:
020 vs Mira - Moo vs ROT - Pulsar vs STA

Week 4: November 7 - 14:
ROT vs Pulsar - Mira vs Moo - Diamond vs 020

Week 5: November 14 - 21:
Moo vs Diamond - Pulsar vs Mira - STA vs ROT

Week 6: November 21 - 28:
Mira vs STA - Diamond vs Pulsar - 020 vs MOO

Week 7: November 28 - 5 December:
Pulsar vs 020 - STA vs Diamond - ROT vs Mira

===

Tournament Channel:
Is on discord here: https://discord.gg/SCSqxEZ
If qw.nu discord makes new channels we move there, but for now all cross team communication needs to be in the #spawnfraggintournaments sorry.

Scheduling guide:
- Everyone, or at least a representative from your clan needs to be in this channel - #Spawnfraggintournaments on d99 server.
- ALL cross team dialogue needs to be in this channel - no private messaging each other when it comes to scheduling.

- Each week you will have ONE team that you HAVE to play.
- You are expected to try to work to find a suitable match date with this team.
(We will not be holding your hands in finding suitable match date.)

- Failure to play the match in this one week period will result in a Walkover for the team that made the most effort - or clearly were available to play on scheduled date.
- If it looks like none of the teams made an effort - none of the teams will get points for the match and we move on to the next week match.

Rules:
- No cheating!
- Rulesets: Tunderdome, Qcon, Smackdown. FodQuake: EQL. FTEQW: Strict.
f_ruleset and f_modified both must respond positive.
- Refer to EQL rules if you are unsure if you are cheating or not. http://eql.quakeworld.nu/eql21/rules

System:
- Groups! (round robin, everyone plays everyone once
- Best of three
- 1 point pr map won.

Top two finishers play a Best of Five to determine winner of tournament.

Map pool:
- dm2, dm3, e1m2, Schloss Adler, An1-beta6, Cmt4, Cmt3

Map selection:
- Each team picks one map - /cmd rnd 'team' 'team' - descides who picks first.

- At 1-1 score: Teams alternate removing two maps each from remaining pool of maps not played.

-Top two teams will play in a final best of five!

*if both teams agree to play on a different map - you are welcome to do so. This also includes repeating past played maps.

Reporting of matches
- Winner reports scores directly into forum thread here ->>>>> X .
- Your report should include: Teamnames - winners - screenshots
- Include in your report the server you played on and date.
We need the demo's for site score update.

Walkover:
Walkover results in the team getting it receiving full points for the match. 2.

Teams:
Late additions are allowed.

Server&Ping rules

You are expected to find an equal server - if your unable to decides on a server come whine in #spawnfraggintournaments and we sort it out.

old:
Running a quick 4on4 tournament for teams in October - November:
NOT a one-day tournament.
One game pr week MINIMUM - if we can move faster great!

===
Edit:: Getting pushback on fixed time -

Abanoning the fixed time - going for teams schedule between themselves - try to make it work.

Channel will be on qw.nu discord - all com between the teams please have it there.
===

Signup here with your team and members.

If you don't have a team - you can also sign up
(Expect to play with loopy ocoini if no other arrangement can be made).
(if you are preferably div0ish or would just like to "captain" one of the teams - pm me! You'll certainly do a better job than ocoini.)

All games will be played on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 1900 CET.
With possibility to schedule games outside this timeslot.

You'll likely have one week to play one match.

The rules will be familiar - the map pool will be familiar - though your team certainly has a vote on how the structure will be:
Do you need dates moved? Suggest a map pool if you want.
feel free to add suggestions to the forum thread for things you want in the tournament.

Gathering in events channel on qw.nu discord --- Though If if I fail to read your message - please PM me or Qirex on discord !

more to come..!

* There is no point in signing up if you won't be able to play * Walkovers will be going out faster than ever.

If you are in doubt - I would rather like you to sign up regardless
- but be super clear to us that your attendance might be questionable so we know you are open to giving out Walkovers.

(Edited 2018-10-16, 20:40)
Street Vendor Crack down Princess Cop
2018-10-06, 12:51
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
Ocoini in !
2018-10-06, 16:38
News Writer
436 posts

Jan 2006
Dear Ocoini,

you are probably one of the few who have no children. As long as my children are not sleeping I am unable to play and thats mostly not before 21 cet. I rarly saw a game starting before 22 cet in the scene.

I would like to see a classic TB3

That said I'm just gathering my people together and then giving feedback. But chances are good!
2018-10-06, 17:25
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
Yummy! Cool - Should be possible to work out later matches !
As long as the communication is perfectly clear between teams -

I'm totally open to having a time slot discussion!

I think having games end at 23:00/23:30 CET should however be a goal.

Cus you start bumping into people that needs to get up 5-6-7 in the morning (that everyone has to do now and then).
Because of the slight timezone differences 23:00 cet then becomes 24:00 for some. For someone getting up early 5-6-7 hours sleep could be frustrating - and i' dont know if people like jumping straight into bed after playing some 4on4? dunno..!

The whole reason for a "fixed date" is scheduling problems - where teams are unable to talk to each other.
Things then dragged on forever as admins didn't like to give WO's and spent tonnes of extra time trying help each team play their matches - having to track down and talk to individual members of a clan.
It was a ton of wasted time for both teams and everyone behind whatever was going on.

With a fixed time - you can show up at fixed time - give it 10-20 minutes of waiting - see if a match is going to happen or not and quickly move on to other things.
And you know that because you showed up at the right time, and your team had four - you are getting the points if the other team didn't have four at the right time.
Often times people that really wanted to play: Have before had to wait for hours when teams scheduled between themselves.

If teams CAN talk to each other (AND INTERNALLY INSIDE EACH TEAM THEY MANAGE TO COMMUNICATE*****) we don't need a fixed date. And we can put a "deadline" like: "Matches have to be played by sunday. "
However it's been "proven" that internally, inside teams many teams have failed.. because of lack of commitment or random situations from players (across the board).

If you are more comfortable with removing fixed date/time for matches (that still opens up for matches outside that timeslot):
- We can try just having a "deadline on x date" again.

I'm going to need Two things if we go this route
- ALL cross team talk needs to be located at the same place (a channel). - Because when we give out that Walkover, i want as little debate as possible - and want to see the entire discussion between the teams. We are not going to spend 2-3 or even one extra week waiting for one match to be played ever again I think.
- And we are going to need an understanding that the deadline is the deadline.
2018-10-08, 16:16
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
"baresiToday at 6:12 PM
We should, but are unable to field a team on the 16th!
ocoiniToday at 6:12 PM
Okay , lets move the date then!
mean just get the intent to play down - @Annihilator allready doesnt like the time :smiley:
If we can get some communication going on when to play - (which I know you guys are good at) Then we should be able to work out moving matches."

I'm totally open to moving EEEEEVERYTHING around - changing rules - making adjustments.

When the communication can be good - signup
2018-10-08, 16:44
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
Getting pushback on fixed time -

Abanoning the fixed time - going for teams schedule between themselves - try to make it work.

Channel will be on qw.nu discord - all com between the teams please have it there.
2018-10-08, 17:41
22 posts

Jan 2016
D99 - Pulsars;
Timon, Nidweyr, Meag, Gloomy, Baresi
Ready from 21st of october!
2018-10-08, 18:33
33 posts

Mar 2006
FU - Fraggers United
Anza kip

We are looking for 1-2 players to join our ranks, otherwise we unable to compete because so many players inactive at the moment.
We prefer long time memberships over "just" standins for tournament. (psst, someway we are playing anyway)

We are the oldest team in the history of the game and we are still here. Put your name to a wall of fame together with mighty Methuselah and his young padawan. You are writing history, you are FU!

If you are interested, feel free to message Anza or me. Thank you.

Fraggers United - You'll never frag alone!

BR,

Tom aka kip
2018-10-08, 20:50
Administrator
384 posts

Dec 2006
Regarding timeslots and scheduling, a good way is to use a simple survey tool like doodle.com to find suitable times when each team can play (4+ players say they will be available) and then look for some overlaps i.e. what other teams have 4+ at that time also.
2018-10-10, 21:39
News Writer
436 posts

Jan 2006
SmackThatAss filling a Team:

anni
flash
rghst
ChrisDeeVicious
Knast
Darkolausi
maybe some late addition
2018-10-14, 18:35
14 posts

Feb 2007
propably can active oblivion
grave
2018-10-15, 00:21
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
I finally got a new computer, so I can play again, if there's a team in need. But rarely before 22, and not in week 44 (and not this week).
2018-10-15, 14:16
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
ocoini wrote:
D99 Mira -
Samon,
Tsobo, ,
Klice,
Qirex,
Paniagua,
Abraxas,
LambdaComplex,
Ocoini(maybe)
x

(Edited 2018-10-15, 23:18)
2018-10-15, 14:50
245 posts

Jan 2006
Felia-020 joins

Confirmed lineup.
raket
shaka
aikon
mm
grc
bd
dev

edit: added grc

(Edited 2018-10-21, 20:46)
2018-10-15, 15:03
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
Rebellion of Thunder

Hammer
Mushi
Nitemare
Norules
Orc
Dopeskillz
Er
John_Rambo
Hedfuk
2018-10-15, 21:44
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
x
2018-10-15, 22:56
11 posts

May 2007
m00 signs up!
No players in the team just substitutes: RaggA, z0mbie90, Turbo, pew, timotej, lurq, yamazaki and Jon.
2018-10-15, 23:22
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
Lurq wrote:
m00 signs up!
No players in the team just substitutes: RaggA, z0mbie90, Turbo, pew, timotej, lurq, yamazaki and Jon.

A team full of bench sitters - it's brilliant plan - all will be super eager to show off if they ever enter the game!
2018-10-16, 11:11
News Writer
183 posts

May 2013
The m00 is ready for battle!!

Lurq
z0mbie90
Pew
Timotej
RaggA
Turbo
Yamazaki

https://orig00.deviantart.net/808b/f/2014/157/0/8/war_cow_by_darkflightsart-d7l8b6x.jpg
  19 posts on 1 page  1