User panel stuff on forum
Index  ‹  Rookies' Corner  ‹  HI HI
  9 posts on 1 page  1
Rookies' Corner
2017-11-14, 09:17
3 posts

Nov 2017
Thought I say Hi and introduce myself.

So my name is Jensa and I am 31 years old, Live in Sweden and work in Norway as a truck driver.

As for quake I havent really been playing anything since I was mabey 16-18years old and then I played q3/rocket arena most of the time.
I discoverd quakeworld just a few weeks ago. When I was looking for nintendo switch videos on youtube for my sons birthday and one video led to another and I found out that a new quake had been released.
So after a couple of weeks of watching quake champion matches. I felt that I had to start playing something and found QW and since it was so easy to download I decided to try it, and cause my computer isnt capable of running QC.
Man I havent regreted it for one second and the client Nquake is very easy to use and setup.

For a week now I have played some of guys, but cant really learn the maps playing with you, since it hard to stay alive for more then a second.
So I have mainly been playing bots and I have been geting better and better everyday.
Alot of the movements and the thinking is coming back to me. One of the admins was kind enough to open up the signups for the Thunderdome tournament, so I could join it. My current goal in the tournament is to win one match or atleast close of winning one.

Cya laters
2017-11-14, 13:39
105 posts

Apr 2017
Good luck in the Thunderdome, Jensa!! Give 'em hell!!
2017-11-14, 19:29
65 posts

Apr 2017
Hi Jensa
How are you??

Really nice the nitiative of presenting yourself.
I hope you feel welcome'd and that qw can be a balanced passtime for you, with fun.

Cheers
2017-11-15, 01:09
News Writer
183 posts

May 2013
Hi Jensa. Welcome aboard the good ship Quakeworld

If you ever want to play some practice games some time gimme a shout on the Quakeworld Discord. I'm a division 6 player myself so happy enough to do a spot of sparing while you find your feet in the game.
2017-11-15, 21:42
News Writer
280 posts

May 2006
Welcome to the family, son!
2017-11-16, 09:12
News Writer
912 posts

Jan 2006
welcome!

be assured that it will be a very hard road to be competitive in QW but highly worth it. QW is a brutal mistress and many people, like myself, have been playing for 21 years

make sure you check out the bunnyhopping guides as that will help you immensely once u get that down.
2017-11-17, 07:29
3 posts

Nov 2017
Hi again and thanks for the welcome.

Im just fine Bgnr. I have some extra time at home, so spending alot of time with my kids and playing some Quake when they are a sleep.

Ofc i want to play some practice matches with you Ragga, but im more curios about those clan arena fridays you been trying to get going, my trigger finger is itching

To be fair I was just waiting for my other computer to be fixed so I chould start playing Q3, but I dont see the point with that any more. Qw have really won me over and I am very impressed with all the extras, stats, qtv and I know I said it in my first post but the Nquake client is such a good thing having everything in one install and not having to know all the cmd in the console for setup.
The list is long and I guess you can say that QW was what I was searching for, so be prepared to answer all my silly questions for now :Z

Good tip dirtbox. I have been searching the internet for tips and tricks and as im not new to the Quake series just QW and dueling I really found kovaks vidoes on youtube useful.
As for the competision I understand that I wont play against the top players, but the bots is still keeping me busy and I found some guys to spare with so Im happy with that and if I keep improving mabey I can climb the ladder.

Cheers guys
2017-11-17, 09:09
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Welcome to QW

I guess Quake Champions is being marketed etc as it's a new game and will attract people, but how did you find your way to QuakeWorld in particular?
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2017-11-18, 05:32
3 posts

Nov 2017
I knew Quakeworld existed but i never thought about it and didnt think it still had an active scene. Either it got mentioned on Quakecon while I was watching a final in Quakechampions or I had a video on youtube pop up on the right side not sure. Either way it was thanks to Youtube.

I even found out yesterday you guys were puting up Thunderdome matches from all branches just not the pros. Thats cool and mabey that can lead to new players when they see its just not pros playing QW.
  9 posts on 1 page  1