User panel stuff on forum
  4 posts on 1 page  1
Arena
2017-03-31, 18:00
4 posts

Sep 2008
I wanted to throw these out there for others to archive before they get lost to time.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B92d-bRr4rqwSjVNRmtzeENSems?usp=sharing

Includes:
    CACE+ 1.06 b2
    CACE+ 1.06 b2 (click21 modification)
    Pro-X 1.12

Let me know if you can access them.

Scott
2017-03-31, 19:44
Administrator
284 posts

Sep 2015
Downloaded fine here.

This comes up every now and again - does anyone know what the differences between KTX's CA & these mods (which seem to be preferred) are? No-one seems to be using KTX clan arena so we should probably just change it.
2017-04-01, 18:57
15 posts

Apr 2009
CACE Was and still is the main primary mod for Clan Arena. I forgot who developed it but it was worked on by several people through out the years such as Zee, Devin, Vegetous (just to name a few). The good thing about the mod is that it works great with MVDSV and you can easily download demos in the same manner that you do in KTX ..etc...
The drawback is, since this mod was originally developed in a time when everyone played DM3 as the primary map for clan arena... no further features were added. You can play other maps though, just no added functionality for sudden death.

Pro-X This mod was originally a hybrid rocket arena and clan arena mod that had special maps integrated. It was developed by Electro, a developer from Australia but the mod never reached popularity and stayed on the low end of things for a while. I actually reached out to Electro on improving the mod so it could be almost identical to CACE and with extra features added to allow extra maps to be played with sudden death features so that camping can be eliminated. We also added features to have the mod have a public feature and tournament feature with an admin activating it with an impulse command. Small features for tournament play were limiting grenades, rockets ammo and cells, and also the sudden death features for the maps. Electro became busy and since it was a closed source, development stopped. I was able to convince Electro to opening the source to allow others to contribute. Further features were then added by Mihawk (brazil). One limitation was due to an unknown bug in running the mod on MDVSD servers, is that sometimes there would be players that would be invisible for some odd reason, this was solved temporarily by running FTE server and that fixed that bug. The hard part was downloading demos.

Ideally, Pro-X would be of a better solution however since most QW servers run MDSV it requires manual configuration with FTE server.
2017-04-02, 01:09
4 posts

Sep 2008
frank do you have the latest and greatest pro-x and source you can share?
  4 posts on 1 page  1