User panel stuff on forum
  11 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2016-11-21, 18:36
111 posts

Jul 2006
Hey so last time I was on a server and used the .qw function it said like "sent to 5 channels" , thats nothing! used to send to like 300+ channels,

then I check irc and see some crap "Servemediscord" or similar, have the servemebot guys broken the bot thinking they replaced it with something better? what am I missing here? nobody uses that discord crap anyway to find games for qw..

its so hard to get a 4on4 going as it is now, and with broken servemebot its basically impossible, if someone knows who is responsible for the bot please help!
2016-11-21, 20:35
188 posts

Feb 2008
kingpin wrote:
Hey so last time I was on a server and used the .qw function it said like "sent to 5 channels" , thats nothing! used to send to like 300+ channels,

then I check irc and see some crap "Servemediscord" or similar, have the servemebot guys broken the bot thinking they replaced it with something better? what am I missing here? nobody uses that discord crap anyway to find games for qw..

its so hard to get a 4on4 going as it is now, and with broken servemebot its basically impossible, if someone knows who is responsible for the bot please help!

Yeah, noticed that as well. It stinks!! Don't ruin KP-teams!11
2016-11-21, 21:52
55 posts

Oct 2011
Apparently, the serveme "proxies" aren't really working well...

We're going to wait for the creator of serveme to fix/restart that by himself...
BaseQ.fr Administrator o/
2016-12-12, 13:45
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
This should be fixed now.

Big thanks to Haudrauf!
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2016-12-13, 21:10
111 posts

Jul 2006
Ake Vader wrote:
This should be fixed now.

Big thanks to Haudrauf!

its not fixed :S this is from foppa server 1 minute ago:
http://i.imgur.com/bvij0tf.png

plz halppp foppa is also the #1 mix server but now theres like no mixes going on because of this :<
2016-12-13, 21:32
Administrator
284 posts

Sep 2015
Not sure if it helps with debugging, but .qw on qw servers seems to be announced on IRC by ServeMe[02], but the other bots aren't relaying it? ServeMe[11] and ServeMe[04] certainly don't seem to be relaying messages to other channels.
2016-12-19, 16:38
26 posts

Oct 2012
Does anybody know what is the current situation with Serveme? Its still not working and mixes are dead.
2016-12-20, 14:35
14 posts

Jan 2006
Hi there,

I'm really sorry because I told Ake Vader it's supposed to be fixed now. Yet, I forgot to check for correct bot-linking.
So, not Ake Vader's fault. Mine.

Anyhow... I will link the bots now - at least I try.

Furthermore, although it was kinda easy to write this script in TCL and it surely is kinda advanced already... Today, I would do lots of it a different way.

So, for 2017, I'm looking into rewriting the botnet with an botnet written in Ruby (and some RESTfulness). Everything should be, as always, open source.
Who would be interested to contribute?

Greetz, Hau
The guy from #qwnet with the ServeMe bots. Also, #aq2world in case anyone cares. ;-)
2016-12-22, 08:38
Administrator
284 posts

Sep 2015
Haudrauf wrote:
So, for 2017, I'm looking into rewriting the botnet with an botnet written in Ruby (and some RESTfulness). Everything should be, as always, open source.
Who would be interested to contribute?

Don't know anything about the Ruby side of things, but I'll happily look into any mvdsv integration, if that would help with the IRC<->QW side of things. There was also talk of integration with ezquake, and integration with discord would be handy too.

There's a bunch of us in #dev-corner on discord if you want to discuss.
2017-02-27, 19:44
Administrator
284 posts

Sep 2015
Does anyone know the process involved in getting ServeMe to connect to a new server? Does it get its master list from a particular location?

Right now new servers don't have ServeMe support, there seems to be a lack of knowledge on how this bit works.
2017-02-28, 03:29
69 posts

Aug 2014
Haudrauf wrote:

So, for 2017, I'm looking into rewriting the botnet with an botnet written in Ruby (and some RESTfulness).

This is a good idea. It would be smart to make sure it works alongside mvdsv/ktx/ezquake (all github projects).

Why ruby?

Does it need to be a 'botnet'? What about some other architecture?
In fact, why isn't this just a feature of the servers themselves?

Might be simpler to throw some zeromq hitting the master servers in ktx and call it a day.
  11 posts on 1 page  1