User panel stuff on forum
  39 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
General Discussion
2016-10-30, 01:19
280 posts

Jan 2015
drowsy wrote:

Bad example.
1. gt is not a controlling player, and he was playing the best dueller in the world.

I don't think that a non-controlling player could be the second best dueller in the world. And if he was not playing against Rikoll, would it make more sense if he was playing Locktar, that got third place at DM QCon? All those players are in the top level and they are all very very good in all the aspects of the game.

drowsy wrote:

2. gt does those circle jumps on every map.

You are missing the point. What I was trying to show you is that you gotta be creative to regain control in difficult conditions. What he did in that fight was using a technique he mastered combined with a feature of the map. If you feel like it is boring to try harder and develop your skills just because the game you play requires you to do so, go play another game.

drowsy wrote:

3. Again, when Locktar played Locust, nothing worked for him for 10 min.

Locktar and Locust played against each other so many times and the most exciting games were on dm4 and dm2. Locust himself was talking about the techniques he uses to exit the RA Tele, all things that you probably will never learn because you just find it boring.

drowsy wrote:

Why are you clinging to these old maps? Why, oh why do we have to play 3 maps for eternity? 20 years is not enough for you? Are you saying they are ideal and we should never switch away? How about we play some other maps for 20 years, just to compare?

Also, imagine the situation was reversed, and we had 5 nice 1on1 maps for 20 years. Then a noob map maker, let's call him "andrestone", comes, and presents his 2 new maps, "dm6" and "dm4". How fast do you think he will be trolled away from the qw community for posting such garbage here? Poor bravado went through multiple revisions even though the first version is aready way better than any of the dm2/4/6.

Again, why do you people cling on to this old shit? You can still play it in prac games and "classical" tournaments, no problem. We are not erasing old garbage entirely. We are just saying that maybe, oh maybe, 20 years of playing 3 shitty maps is enough?

Honestly, you remind me of old people who refuse to ever change anything. "I have been wearing these pants for 20 years, they are perfectly fine!!!"

Who said that I'm against new maps? This topic is about throwing away one of the original competitive maps that was naturally chosen by the players to be it. And you are now trying to extend to other 2 of those maps.

Make as much maps as you want. Get the tournament admins to add your map to the pool. But why would you even care about removing a 'bad' map from the pool? If it is really bad, like e1m3 in a duel tournament for example, nobody will pick it anyway. I have faith in bravado, I think it's a good map to have in the pool, find or make another good duel map that the community likes and make a 7 maps pool. But remove a classic map just because it is 'hard' to regain control? Honestly, either try harder or go play some Overwatch.
dev
2016-10-30, 01:29
69 posts

Aug 2014
If you're so rattled, why don't you go run a tournament with dm6 in it?

Writing these huge holier-than-thou essays and then trying to get the high ground by telling other qw players to play LoL/CS:GO/Overwatch makes you look hella insecure.

The point of this thread is for people to say whether they want or don't want dm6 back. Not for you to show off your reddit arguing skills.

andrestone wrote:
If it is really bad, like e1m3 in a duel tournament for example, nobody will pick it anyway.

Wasn't that the premise for removing dm6 in this thunderdome?
2016-10-30, 12:47
News Writer
912 posts

Jan 2006
Since when does Canada have QW players other than BloodDog?
2016-10-30, 19:39
375 posts

Sep 2009
MAN I'M DYING READING THIS.......... KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
what can I say to you guys? (SPECIALLY some BRAZILIAN who may be reading this...)

I am, now, for at least 7, 8 YEARS trying to convince 90% of the brazilians (who only used to like DM6)
DAMNNN.... it's like a CANCER in here....

nowadays (after MUCH FIGHTING, yelling) we play ZTN, Aero, and sometimes EVEN: dm4 or dm2

3, 4 years ago, they would play like: ONLY 2x2 DM6, for like 5 hours straight !!!
can you imagine the pain I have to put up with? DAMNNNNNN! hahahahaha
(QW Nickname: AL.Kernell)
2016-10-30, 23:08
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
DM6 is a great map, which is why it has been played for 20 years. New maps, sure, bring 'em on, but no reason to remove the old ones.
2016-10-30, 23:46
69 posts

Aug 2014
erlend wrote:
DM6 is a great map, which is why it has been played for 20 years. New maps, sure, bring 'em on, but no reason to remove the old ones.

Nobody is removing dm6. They're just having a tournament where it isn't featured. You can only have so many maps in each tournament, right?
2016-10-31, 04:38
9 posts

Aug 2016
What Dev said.

And what some other ppl said, make it a 7 map pool, including tb3, then its easy to toss if 1-1, and everybody is happy =)
2016-10-31, 13:55
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
As a former EQL/NQR admin i can just sit back and smile at this thread...
Chosen
2016-10-31, 23:44
News Writer
912 posts

Jan 2006
erlend wrote:
Exactly!

How many of you have played spinev2? It is an awesome duel map.... We should be looking at adding it to the map pool before bravado....
  39 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page