User panel stuff on forum
  7 posts on 1 page  1
Help
2016-09-12, 08:14
111 posts

Jul 2006
yoyo, so before I reinstalled windows 10 I had perfect mouse feeling in quake, recently bought some new parts for the comp and reinstalled windows, and now I cant get quite the same mouse feeling, its close but not as good/direct as it felt before IMO,

the mouse im using is logitech g400s , monitor asus vg248qe @ 120 hz lightboost 10% 1920x1080

atm current settings im using are:

sys_highpriority 1
cl_maxfps 1001
500hz on mouse
in_mouse 2 (i know in_mouse 3 should be better, I just like the feel of directinput more)

it seems if I remove the logitech drivers, the feeling is almost perfect , and I also get lower DPC latency without the drivers, but before reinstalling windows I had the drivers installed and it still felt better/more direct :S

I also ran 616 fps before reinstalling but now after reinstalling it feels way heavier/less responsive with 616 than 1001/1232 for example, what fps is best for 120 hz lcd? is it 77 times X fps or 120 times X fps ?

have disabled pointer precision in mouse settings and the speed slider is in the middle,

So anyone else with logitech g400 , what settings do you use? and with/without drivers? any settings in the nvidia control panel that I should mess with? (vsync and threaded optimization is off for quake)

thanks in advance!
2016-09-12, 08:50
37 posts

May 2012
did you make sure to disable "Threaded optimization" in NVIDIA Control panel (No Profile for EZQUAKE hidden somwhere^^)? When it is on, my EZQ behaves exactly like described by you. Also when having two Monitors attached, and not disabling the second one, i get similar effects.

Concerning the logitech software, i use the g303 and this mouse can "tune" to a mousepad if the Logi software is installed.
If i tune my mouse to my pad every 1-2 months i can get grip & tracking like factory new. Maybe there is a profile loaded somehow, if you feel a difference with the driver.

edit: on 120HZ i prefer 1001 FPS, on 144HZ 1155 FPS. I believe at these high FPS you can go easily for /77 multiplier. All in to smoothness^^ Going for /120 multiplier would just give you no tearing - which at least i dont have at all at those FPS.
2016-09-12, 12:08
111 posts

Jul 2006
Shad wrote:
did you make sure to disable "Threaded optimization" in NVIDIA Control panel (No Profile for EZQUAKE hidden somwhere^^)? When it is on, my EZQ behaves exactly like described by you. Also when having two Monitors attached, and not disabling the second one, i get similar effects.

Concerning the logitech software, i use the g303 and this mouse can "tune" to a mousepad if the Logi software is installed.
If i tune my mouse to my pad every 1-2 months i can get grip & tracking like factory new. Maybe there is a profile loaded somehow, if you feel a difference with the driver.

edit: on 120HZ i prefer 1001 FPS, on 144HZ 1155 FPS. I believe at these high FPS you can go easily for /77 multiplier. All in to smoothness^^ Going for /120 multiplier would just give you no tearing - which at least i dont have at all at those FPS.

thanks for answer, yeah I disabled threaded optimization globally, but am running a profile for quakeworld, will disable it there too if its enabled, at work now so cant check, you using sys_highpriority 1 or 0 ? if you could write down all your smoothness-related settings would be cool,

the higher fps, the less input lag, correct?

should I use the highest fps I can get that is rock solid? can have 2000 fps solid or so I think

sidequestion: buying new mouse soon since feet are getting worn out on the g400, thinking of a g402 / g403 / g502 , any tips?
2016-09-12, 12:41
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
You should start with upgrading to ezQuake 3.0.1

We don't support v2 anymore. Oh and welcome back Mr
2016-09-12, 14:16
111 posts

Jul 2006
dimman wrote:

wazap fog

I did like the new mousefeeling in ez3, but it kind of fucked up my console/font resolution/scale, playing on a wide 24" 1920x1080 and using a custom charset/conres it got kind of fucked up, is there any command in ez3 that can "sync" the conres and FOV exactly like in ez2 ?

still at work but could show 2 screenshots later how it looks in ez2 and how it looks in ez3, but if you have an idea of what could cause it feel free too give feedback !

thats the only reason im still on ez 2.2, anyway also would be nice to hear from others regarding their settings for smooth qw
2016-09-12, 19:37
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
kingpin wrote:
dimman wrote:

wazap fog

I did like the new mousefeeling in ez3, but it kind of fucked up my console/font resolution/scale, playing on a wide 24" 1920x1080 and using a custom charset/conres it got kind of fucked up, is there any command in ez3 that can "sync" the conres and FOV exactly like in ez2 ?

still at work but could show 2 screenshots later how it looks in ez2 and how it looks in ez3, but if you have an idea of what could cause it feel free too give feedback !

thats the only reason im still on ez 2.2, anyway also would be nice to hear from others regarding their settings for smooth qw

Some things to do:

1) Use vid_usedesktopres 1
2) Setup vid_conres and vid_conheight as you want
3) Use /calc_fov X (where X is your fov in 2.2 to get the real fov value you should use instead, so change /fov to whatever it prints)

I think you might have stepped on the issue that only one of /vid_conres or /vid_conheight is saved in your config, try setting them both manually to your desired values.

That should be enough really. If not, paste your config/settings from 2.2 (and feel free to post a screen of what you mean) and we'll sort it out.

Check here about 2.2 -> 3.0 upgrade and why you need to change fov and never again after that (no matter your screen).
2016-09-13, 07:12
111 posts

Jul 2006
dimman wrote:
kingpin wrote:
dimman wrote:

wazap fog

Some things to do:

1) Use vid_usedesktopres 1
2) Setup vid_conres and vid_conheight as you want
3) Use /calc_fov X (where X is your fov in 2.2 to get the real fov value you should use instead, so change /fov to whatever it prints)

I think you might have stepped on the issue that only one of /vid_conres or /vid_conheight is saved in your config, try setting them both manually to your desired values.

That should be enough really. If not, paste your config/settings from 2.2 (and feel free to post a screen of what you mean) and we'll sort it out.

Check here about 2.2 -> 3.0 upgrade and why you need to change fov and never again after that (no matter your screen).

thanks for the tips, ill check it out later today
  7 posts on 1 page  1