User panel stuff on forum
  56 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
General Discussion
2016-08-05, 10:29
Member
93 posts

Registered:
Oct 2011
Quake Champions Gameplay

They have showed some gameplay footage of Quake Champions. It's hard to get an opinion with so little footage but what do you guys think?

Im still abit sceptic, but I did see some bunnyhopping in there. Also seems like its in Early Alpha the models and animation is kinda meh.
Still curious about it
2016-08-05, 11:46
Member
13 posts

Registered:
Jan 2016
If we can mipcap it and remove all the fancy eyecandy, ill play it =]
Not to enthusiastic about the large quantity of playable characters, with different unique skill set either.
Looks like overwatch on crack.
2016-08-05, 12:19
Member
93 posts

Registered:
Oct 2011
Yeah I have a similar feeling. But I hope they have some kind of classic mode that allow people to play without classes/abilitys and just lets you play a more oldschool Quake.
2016-08-05, 17:05
Member
55 posts

Registered:
Oct 2011
z0mbie90 wrote:
But I hope they have some kind of classic mode that allow people to play without classes/abilitys and just lets you play a more oldschool Quake.


I thought that was planned already..?
BaseQ.fr Administrator o/
2016-08-05, 22:09
Member
10 posts

Registered:
Jul 2016
id developers should hire quakeworld veterans for Quake Champions. This way, we can ensure that the game will have similar physics to Quakeworld.
2016-08-06, 11:38
Member
23 posts

Registered:
Sep 2014
Yeah I don't really like the idea of champions either, it's a formula which gets used everywhere nowadays.
2016-08-06, 14:46
Member
569 posts

Registered:
Feb 2006
I would like a champion with q1 ctf styre hook for modemet
2016-08-07, 14:05
Member
93 posts

Registered:
Oct 2011
Here is some leaked footage, filmed with potatomobile camera so hard to see.

Quake Champions gameplay filmed with a potato
2016-08-08, 14:14
News Writer
245 posts

Registered:
May 2006
z0mbie90 wrote:
Here is some leaked footage, filmed with potatomobile camera so hard to see.

Quake Champions gameplay filmed with a potato


Removed…
"Quake Cham..." … ZeniMax Media Inc.
2016-08-08, 23:15
Member
622 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
https://youtu.be/bzc4MT6exhA
2016-08-09, 14:45
Member
110 posts

Registered:
Mar 2010
looks like the speed is there at least. but, rail
2016-08-09, 15:41
Member
380 posts

Registered:
Apr 2006
I think rail definitely has a place in quake-style gameplay. It fills the niche of a long-range hitscan weapon that's actually relevant in duels, as opposed to the sg in qw which does fucking nothing. The problem with quake 3 and early quake live was that it just did way too much damage and virtually dominated the game at ranges where qw players were totally inexperienced, while still remaining a passable choice all the way up to point blank range. It seems pretty good now in quake live at 80 damage, but you could even lower it some more if you wanted to, and it would still be relevant.
2016-08-09, 23:08
News Writer
835 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
NDA

(Edited 2016-08-10, 02:59)
2016-08-10, 02:29
Member
10 posts

Registered:
Jul 2016
Would be nice to know if players can zigzag, advanced bunny hop (without the assistance of a jump - basically moving the mouse as if you are bunnyhopping without jumping), wallhug are all implemented in the game for the players to gain speed.
2016-08-10, 02:44
News Writer
835 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
Marvel&Shonen wrote:
Would be nice to know if players can zigzag, advanced bunny hop (without the assistance of a jump - basically moving the mouse as if you are bunnyhopping without jumping), wallhug are all implemented in the game for the players to gain speed.

I can remember seeing bunnyhopping on the official gameplay trailer (around corners). There is a split second later in the clip.
2016-08-10, 23:56
Member
370 posts

Registered:
Mar 2008
I've watched the vid about 100 times!

Ranger looks like he can bunnyhop and turn at the same time. I seen him turn down stairs pretty fast.

I think in QL you can only bunnyhop straight...which I hated.

For sure Anarki has the QW movement, but has less health because the the extra air movement.

I'm sure we will see more gameplay soon...I hope.
2016-08-11, 01:59
News Writer
618 posts

Registered:
Nov 2008
d4rin wrote:
I've watched the vid about 100 times!

Ranger looks like he can bunnyhop and turn at the same time. I seen him turn down stairs pretty fast.

I think in QL you can only bunnyhop straight...which I hated.

For sure Anarki has the QW movement, but has less health because the the extra air movement.

I'm sure we will see more gameplay soon...I hope.


In QL you can't bunnyhop at all since there is no air strafing. However, there are strafe jumps and half beats that are equally cool to gain speed. Of course, only way to get around a corner is to land and try to keep the momentum as you do a new circle jump and start strafe jumping again.
2016-08-12, 05:06
Member
16 posts

Registered:
Oct 2015
Andeh wrote:
In QL you can't bunnyhop at all since there is no air strafing. However, there are strafe jumps and half beats that are equally cool to gain speed. Of course, only way to get around a corner is to land and try to keep the momentum as you do a new circle jump and start strafe jumping again.


Hi, I should note, there is a "Turbo" mode option in QuakeLive, with similar physics to Quake 3 CPMA, where you have the forward turning air control (+forward, turn mouse), and of course the air strafe controls (+moveleft/+moveright, turn mouse) we know in QuakeWorld.
2016-08-12, 12:55
Member
1 post

Registered:
Aug 2016
m68k wrote:
Andeh wrote:
In QL you can't bunnyhop at all since there is no air strafing. However, there are strafe jumps and half beats that are equally cool to gain speed. Of course, only way to get around a corner is to land and try to keep the momentum as you do a new circle jump and start strafe jumping again.


Hi, I should note, there is a "Turbo" mode option in QuakeLive, with similar physics to Quake 3 CPMA, where you have the forward turning air control (+forward, turn mouse), and of course the air strafe controls (+moveleft/+moveright, turn mouse) we know in QuakeWorld.


Yes it's a nice feature, but the air strafe control in QL Turbo is unfortunately pretty bleak and restricted compared to QW. In QW you can bunnyhop/maintain speed while aiming in any direction by not being restricted to bunnyhop using only left/right strafe, which is very useful in many ways.
2016-08-12, 15:20
News Writer
618 posts

Registered:
Nov 2008
m68k wrote:
Andeh wrote:
In QL you can't bunnyhop at all since there is no air strafing. However, there are strafe jumps and half beats that are equally cool to gain speed. Of course, only way to get around a corner is to land and try to keep the momentum as you do a new circle jump and start strafe jumping again.


Hi, I should note, there is a "Turbo" mode option in QuakeLive, with similar physics to Quake 3 CPMA, where you have the forward turning air control (+forward, turn mouse), and of course the air strafe controls (+moveleft/+moveright, turn mouse) we know in QuakeWorld.


The problem being trying to mimic CPMA and not QW ^^ Very different movement style, and even in CPM you need to strafe jump to gain speed. In QW you bunny hop to gain speed.
2016-08-13, 04:28
Member
16 posts

Registered:
Oct 2015
Sao wrote:
Yes it's a nice feature, but the air strafe control in QL Turbo is unfortunately pretty bleak and restricted compared to QW. In QW you can bunnyhop/maintain speed while aiming in any direction by not being restricted to bunnyhop using only left/right strafe, which is very useful in many ways.

Andeh wrote:
The problem being trying to mimic CPMA and not QW ^^ Very different movement style, and even in CPM you need to strafe jump to gain speed. In QW you bunny hop to gain speed.


Indeed bunny hopping is limited to left/right in CPMA, but you can still gain speed. Of course, strafe jumping is recommended, since you can accelerate much quicker.
2016-08-16, 01:40
Member
370 posts

Registered:
Mar 2008
I wonder which direction ID will go with QC movement.

One of the characters has QW movement for sure, but that character starts with 80 health...can move much faster like QW speeds and can take a need to gain health back.

Could be the character for old school QW players!
2016-08-16, 04:47
Member
5 posts

Registered:
Nov 2015
Judging by these 'characters' they are going the overwatch / dirty bomb route.

I don't really like rock-paper-scissors type team oriented gameplay for a quake game.
2016-08-16, 14:43
News Writer
618 posts

Registered:
Nov 2008
d4rin wrote:
I wonder which direction ID will go with QC movement.

One of the characters has QW movement for sure, but that character starts with 80 health...can move much faster like QW speeds and can take a need to gain health back.

Could be the character for old school QW players!


No, he has CPM movement. Not QW movement.
2016-08-16, 15:02
Member
370 posts

Registered:
Mar 2008
Andeh wrote:
d4rin wrote:
I wonder which direction ID will go with QC movement.

One of the characters has QW movement for sure, but that character starts with 80 health...can move much faster like QW speeds and can take a needle to gain health back.

Could be the character for old school QW players!


No, he has CPM movement. Not QW movement.


Ah crap, I have never played CPM Quake in all my years...Guess I'll have to try it out to see if it's any good.

(Edited 2016-08-19, 01:46)
2016-08-19, 01:07
Member
370 posts

Registered:
Mar 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJZk8UFSk0o

Anarki has QW/CPM air control, Ranger has Q3 air control.

The other ones he didn't say, but i'm pretty sure Ranger has the CPMA movement from what I've seen.

He didn't really say what the other characters can do.
2016-08-19, 07:18
Member
162 posts

Registered:
Apr 2007
There is no such thing as cpm/qw aircontroll. its either qw or cpm aircontroll. if cpm really had qw movement / aircontroll i think i would be playing cpm by now
2016-08-19, 14:19
News Writer
618 posts

Registered:
Nov 2008
LocKtar wrote:
There is no such thing as cpm/qw aircontroll. its either qw or cpm aircontroll. if cpm really had qw movement / aircontroll i think i would be playing cpm by now


Yeah, exactly what I'm trying to tell them ^^

It's either QW or CPM air control. Then there's VQ3 physics (vanilla Quake 3) which has no air control at all. So it's one of the three, pick one - can't be more than one.
2016-08-19, 16:10
Member
285 posts

Registered:
Sep 2012
It's going to be cpm-like then, like PQL on Quake Live, much easier for new people. Maybe you'll even have autohop like in warsow
2017-01-14, 01:08
Member
22 posts

Registered:
May 2006
They. just. don't. get it.
  56 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page