User panel stuff on forum
  8 posts on 1 page  1
European Quake League
2016-07-11, 15:30
26 posts

Oct 2012
Is it possible to admin new EQL season after Quakecon? Dont't know how this EQL-platform works but we might have a little team interested about doing this. Who owns eql.quakeworld.nu, zalon or hooraytio?
2016-07-11, 21:02
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
To start a new season one needs to set up a new instance of the site. In the past it has usually been Zalon (and maybe Dimman for the Salvation site?) doing that.

If you're just after a league system then you're welcome to use the Refragged site. However it may be too cumbersome to use to attract the players/teams i guess (requiring all players signing up...).
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2016-07-11, 23:59
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
Didn't bps say that one could use an enhanced QW wiki for tournament pages a while back? But the wiki needed an upgrade for it to work or something.
2016-07-12, 05:03
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
Yes, amodern wiki would be ideal.
However, Zalon is gone with the wind, permanently this time, and only he can update the qwnu-wiki.

But, hosting it elsewhere might be the way to go?
Join us on discord.quake.world
2016-07-12, 21:48
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
I would like the decision about ending EQL to be respected.
It would be better with an entirely new league.
Chosen
2016-07-12, 22:58
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
Hooraytio wrote:
I would like the decision about ending EQL to be respected.
It would be better with an entirely new league.

I vote for a Salvation style league. More interesting matches. If enough good guys will agree to play with us of less skill.
2016-07-14, 18:12
26 posts

Oct 2012
Well it doesn't matter if it is called EQL or Putin tournament but some good platform is needed. EQL platform was good and clear.
2016-11-16, 00:15
9 posts

Aug 2016
BUMP!

Didnt know where to put this so i just placed it here.

With the upcoming QH-Lan in Mars, how about some kind of a 4on4 tourney of the simpler kind, no voting blablabla, TB3, perhaaps TB5, but let it BE like... i guess cmt4 is by far most popular and then Milton gets to decide last map(schloss cough cough). IF, there even will be TB5.

Winter is coming....fuck me winter is here, and its just gonna get colder aaaall the way to Mars. And i know for a fact that us northeners(the north remembers! i KNOW i watch/read too much GoT), we are desperados after a 4on4 tourney. Ppl are gathering up here and there in the quiet.

Myself cant do much on the tech-side since i cant even write my own cfg, but i have ppl in the clan who are both willing and up for it(But i will do ALL i can to promote/other stuff). But help is always needed,quakeworld is loosing its firefighters, Hooratio and EQL went down, and nowadays it seems like VVD is the only guy with the real fighting spirit left, not too give all of you server/coders.....a.s.o. any lesser honour.
Come into IRC channel #020 and /msg aikon about this if you have any words on this. Who to talk too, if u wanna help, just wanna say hi, whatever. MSG ME.

/VALAR MOGHULIS

Speaking of fighters. How about naming the tourney AQL, after another one of our real quakehearts <3
  8 posts on 1 page  1