User panel stuff on forum
  3 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2016-07-05, 06:06
6 posts

Dec 2015
(Yes, I specifically mean quakeworld, and to be even more specific ezquake compatible)

Doom has certain features that make it great for coop, the automap which shows your location and the location of the other players, and the view other people's perspective feature. The lack of these features, in some ways, make Quake more of a downgrade coop wise. However, as of this writing, Quake (specifically quakeworld) has something that no version of Doom has: the ability to record voip in demo recordings, simplifying recording. What can be done for Quakeworld to improve coop play, and what coop campaigns are recommended?

I know I made a thread about quakeworld coop before, but at the time my experience with Doom and Quake coop was limited.
2016-07-05, 10:09
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
Quake doesn't have automap. not even in single player.

Regarding playing coop online, check http://quake.no/. They run servers with various episodes. read the instructions. I'v read Travail is very good. These servers are online. Have fun and call ppl to play with you using ServeMe
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2016-07-05, 17:58
6 posts

Dec 2015
I know Quakeworld has no automap, but I was curious of quakeworld (not netquake. netquake lacks demo voip recording) had any substitutes...
  3 posts on 1 page  1