User panel stuff on forum
  13 posts on 1 page  1
Off Topic
2016-06-13, 02:35
News Writer
172 posts

Registered:
May 2013
Tim Willits announced the latest Quake title, Quake Champions. More info at QuakeCon.
2016-06-13, 03:15
Member
18 posts

Registered:
Oct 2015
From the video, I can confirm that the lightning gun, railgun, rocket launcher, machinegun, and the UT translocator are in the game.
2016-06-13, 03:36
News Writer
172 posts

Registered:
May 2013
Watching an interview with Willits there. Apparently is gonna have a class system. Each "champion" will have unique abilities..... Hmmm, not very Quake sounding to me. But will wait and see.
2016-06-13, 04:10
News Writer
619 posts

Registered:
Nov 2008
If anyone wants to see the reveal video, it can be found here: https://youtu.be/sa-6fQyNkZo
2016-06-13, 04:20
News Writer
172 posts

Registered:
May 2013
Andeh wrote:
If anyone wants to see the reveal video, it can be found here: https://youtu.be/sa-6fQyNkZo


Cheers Andeh, so tired.. forgot to post the vid lol
So what you recon? Overwatch/Q3A hybrid?
2016-06-13, 09:14
Member
3 posts

Registered:
Apr 2013
"Quake champions is a competitive arena style FPS for the PC"
2016-06-13, 13:33
Member
94 posts

Registered:
Oct 2011
I'm skeptic, I want to believe that it will be good. But it feels like most modern games just sucks.
Will keep my eyes on it and of course try it when released, but I dont keep my hopes up.

And please no OVERWATCH/TF2/MOBA Quake.
2016-06-13, 15:53
Member
278 posts

Registered:
Jan 2015
z0mbie90 wrote:
I'm skeptic, I want to believe that it will be good. But it feels like most modern games just sucks.
Will keep my eyes on it and of course try it when released, but I dont keep my hopes up.

And please no OVERWATCH/TF2/MOBA Quake.


+1
dev
2016-06-15, 03:35
News Writer
619 posts

Registered:
Nov 2008
RaggA wrote:
Andeh wrote:
If anyone wants to see the reveal video, it can be found here: https://youtu.be/sa-6fQyNkZo


Cheers Andeh, so tired.. forgot to post the vid lol
So what you recon? Overwatch/Q3A hybrid?


Something like that probably, yeah. It's a modern game which means it'll not be a new QuakeWorld by any means, but probably a game every quaker will try. Might be fun!
2016-06-16, 07:08
News Writer
871 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
lets all switch
2016-06-17, 16:17
Member
110 posts

Registered:
Mar 2010
railgun is boring
2016-06-17, 18:43
News Writer
172 posts

Registered:
May 2013
nelag wrote:
railgun is boring


+1 this.

Sniper weapons in general ruin the buzz for most FPS in my opinion..
2016-06-18, 03:47
News Writer
619 posts

Registered:
Nov 2008
I don't think the railgun itself was the problem in Quake 3 for example. The maps were made insanely bigger (have you ever tried playing on a ported and properly scaled q3 map in qw?). The game itself called for long range fights all the time simply because of the layout of maps (space maps... what were they thinking). In Quake 3, the railgun is actually needed. Such was also the case in Quake 4 and will probably be the case in the upcoming Quake.

Had they kept the maps (and characters/hitboxes and so on) as small as QuakeWorld maps, the railgun would be a pointless weapon.

Even if we had a railgun in QuakeWorld you would almost never be able to use it. In almost every situation, the LG or RL would be a better choice.
  13 posts on 1 page  1