43 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
Client Talk
2016-07-07, 11:33
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
nelag wrote:
yep, tnx.

so the https thing is fixed then? my server browser isnt working very well now but it's fixed in the proper 3.0 release? i got some alpha

I guess you can download the latest of the nightly builds and see if it works better. It's just a zip with the ezquake-gl.exe, just copy to your Quake dir and run.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2016-07-07, 15:00
214 posts

Feb 2011
nelag wrote:
cara wrote:
alias "+showtime" "scr_scoreboard_afk 0"
alias "-showtime" "scr_scoreboard_afk 1"
bind "x" "+showtime"

thumbs up

There's a better option that will show you the time BUT show it in red if the person is AFK. You get the best of both worlds:
scr_scoreboard_afk_style "2"

I only know because I had the same comment to dimman a couple of years ago, and he said something like "already took care of it!" and told me about this setting.
2016-07-08, 00:24
214 posts

Feb 2011
Latest nightly works great for me, and the fixes you put in a few weeks ago made it so that nquake.pk3 no longer wrecks any havoc on my HUD. Just a couple of random thoughts:

1- In this file, `brew install` is missing `pkg-config` from the list of packages. The instructions are otherwise correct.
https://github.com/ezQuake/ezquake-source/blob/master/COMPILING_ON_OSX.txt

2- In a nightly from probably a few weeks ago, I exported my config using the cfg_save_unchanged option (or whatever it's called). After copying it over to a fresh nQuake install with the latest nightly, I noticed `teamcolor` and `enemycolor` were not set. Perhaps worth checking that those variables get exported correctly.

3- On a couple of occassions, my HUD completely failed to load, all I could see was the game itself. Restarting ezQuake took care of it. Not sure if this is still present in the latest nightly, it's happened to me rarely (maybe 2-3 times over the last month) but I only upgraded to the latest nightly last night and haven't seen this since.

4- Now that I no longer have to delete nquake.pk3 for my HUD to work, the only thing that looks "off" from my normal config when using a fresh nQuake install is the map lighting. Any ideas how to disable it? I tried gl_loadlitfiles 0 but it didn't help. No big deal as I can live with fancy lighting if need be.

Cheers and thanks for all your work,
BD
2016-07-08, 06:01
172 posts

Sep 2013
BLooD_DoG wrote:
3- On a couple of occassions, my HUD completely failed to load, all I could see was the game itself. Restarting ezQuake took care of it. Not sure if this is still present in the latest nightly, it's happened to me rarely (maybe 2-3 times over the last month) but I only upgraded to the latest nightly last night and haven't seen this since.

I have seen this on my Mac as well. Nothing in the HUD (health / armor) shows, and even things like pressing tab (+showteamscores) show nothing. Affects both new HUD and old HUD. When this happens, showing and hiding the Main menu (Esc) has resolved the issue for me without needing to restarting the client.
2016-07-08, 10:45
223 posts

Aug 2011
Quote:
4- Now that I no longer have to delete nquake.pk3 for my HUD to work, the only thing that looks "off" from my normal config when using a fresh nQuake install is the map lighting. Any ideas how to disable it? I tried gl_loadlitfiles 0 but it didn't help. No big deal as I can live with fancy lighting if need be.

BD

set gl_noinlinergb 1
"Itīs obvious in the sourcecode" - meag, 2016
carrier has arrived - twitch.tv/carapace_
2016-07-08, 12:40
280 posts

Jan 2015
cara wrote:
Quote:

BD

set gl_noinlinergb 1

Do not try to set gl_noinlinergb 1. gl_noinlinergb is'nt a cvar.

do
/set gl_noinlinergb 1
dev
2016-07-08, 13:06
Administrator
284 posts

Sep 2015
cara wrote:
set gl_noinlinergb 1

Fix here, gl_loadlitfiles will control this in next nightly build.
2016-07-10, 13:36
110 posts

Mar 2010
add chromecast stream to ezq

(Edited 2016-07-14, 21:02)
2016-07-19, 13:15
Administrator
284 posts

Sep 2015
v3.0.1 is available here, along with a changelog since 3.0

Thanks to everyone who contributed fixes and bug reports. This should (any massive issues not withstanding) be the version to be used at QuakeCon. The nightly builds will move on to 3.1-dev now.
2016-07-19, 23:39
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
meag wrote:
v3.0.1 is available here, along with a changelog since 3.0

Thanks to everyone who contributed fixes and bug reports. This should (any massive issues not withstanding) be the version to be used at QuakeCon. The nightly builds will move on to 3.1-dev now.

Great work, tanks to all involved!
2016-07-20, 15:57
41 posts

Nov 2013
Like always. Amazing work from all the devs. Keep up the good work 'thumbs up'.
2016-09-04, 16:27
245 posts

Jan 2006
Tried new NVIDIA 367 and 370 drivers in Linux.

Bad for quake :/, fps drops. (happens in ezquake 2.2 and fodquake as well). And ezquake 3 says something that gamma won't work

Went back to 361 LTS drivers and everything works fine.

Linux 4.4.19 (64bit)

Hope someone finds this useful
2016-09-04, 17:48
82 posts

Jul 2009
yeah, I have the same weird gamma problem. But there is a fix for it in the dev branch.
  43 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page