User panel stuff on forum
  7 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2016-05-23, 13:00
111 posts

Jul 2006
so after the allstars game last night im hungry for more official team 4v4 action, since EQL is kind of dead for div1 clans i'm thinking, lets make a new salvation/draft season!

it's like a big mix anyway so the teams will be evenly matched as usual, if we can get the same kind of commentary and coverage for the salvation as for the allstar game we could give quakeworld a boost in activity and interest perhaps? 8 teams with 2 groups would be ideal if we could announce it and really make an effort to bring back some div1 players, we should try atleast!

I know summer is here and activity goes down but just checking if people would think its a good idea to do it anyway or if we should perhaps wait until august/september? either way Im throwing my name in the hat so to speak and could be assistant admin or even commentary for some games

#letsmakeqwgreatagain

thoughts??
2016-05-23, 13:04
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
Yeah EQL is officially over and eql21 was the last season.

I think that Salvation style draft tournaments is the way to go from here and I also think it would draw a bigger crowd if it started in september instead of now in the summer.
Chosen
2016-05-23, 13:34
111 posts

Jul 2006
Hooraytio wrote:
Yeah EQL is officially over and eql21 was the last season.

I think that Salvation style draft tournaments is the way to go from here and I also think it would draw a bigger crowd if it started in september instead of now in the summer.

hmm yes....september or late august is my idea aswell, will talk about this with ocoini very soon and see what we can cook up !

stay tuned
2016-05-23, 13:57
188 posts

Feb 2008
Yes, should wait until QuakeCon is finished IMO. Until then its more reasonable to support/promote QuakeCon/2on2 and then return to regular 4on4 after that At this point it would not be helpful to split focus too much. Mini tournaments like sundayspawnfraggin should be enough until then.
2016-05-23, 18:50
111 posts

Jul 2006
leopold wrote:
Yes, should wait until QuakeCon is finished IMO. Until then its more reasonable to support/promote QuakeCon/2on2 and then return to regular 4on4 after that At this point it would not be helpful to split focus too much. Mini tournaments like sundayspawnfraggin should be enough until then.

mmmmmyeees.... seems reasonable
2016-05-23, 20:19
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
I can totally help - my skillsets are limited to just talking to people/writing though !

I'm initially against a true salvation(where some wont be selected to teams) - but I think it's worth a shot. I wasn't involved with the other Salvations at all and so I didn't want to step on anyones toes by asking for the site - but if there is something I can help with I'll be around after qcon.

I believe Dimman refreshed the Salvation site just a few months ago, so it is out there
Street Vendor Crack down Princess Cop
2016-05-23, 20:30
111 posts

Jul 2006
ocoini wrote:
I can totally help - my skillsets are limited to just talking to people/writing though !

I'm initially against a true salvation(where some wont be selected to teams) - but I think it's worth a shot. I wasn't involved with the other Salvations at all and so I didn't want to step on anyones toes by asking for the site - but if there is something I can help with I'll be around after qcon.

I believe Dimman refreshed the Salvation site just a few months ago, so it is out there

u and me will fix, straight after qcon
  7 posts on 1 page  1