User panel stuff on forum
  9 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2016-02-29, 15:19
21 posts

Dec 2011
In the end of 1998 it was one of the last netquake tournaments. The demos from this event were on PGL server that is down for many many years.

Maybe someone has some demos from that event?
or... how to find a person responsible for the server, or tournament that might have those?

I appreciate any help
2016-02-29, 23:55
280 posts

Jan 2015
dev wrote:
In the end of 1998 it was one of the last netquake tournaments. The demos from this event were on PGL server that is down for many many years.

Maybe someone has some demos from that event?
or... how to find a person responsible for the server, or tournament that might have those?

I appreciate any help

Could u please give me my username back?
dev
2016-03-07, 10:41
21 posts

Dec 2011
If it is your username so how I can use it?
2016-03-07, 13:05
280 posts

Jan 2015
dev wrote:
If it is your username so how I can use it?

Just kidding
dev
2016-12-12, 13:02
2 posts

Dec 2016
Hello dev,

I bet you never expected another reply to this message! I just came across it and decided to register.

I do indeed have a number of the PGL team finals match up demos. In fact, I have been archiving a large number of them on my YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/ar7271 . A lot of them were shared with me recently by a fellow Quaker named FC-NoHeroes who managed to hang onto them all this time and was kind enough to send them my way. Rasta (of Rastacam fame, you may have seen his username on a lot of Quake demos) also sent me a bunch of demos!

Before MethosQuake disappeared, I also managed to snag a bunch of their demos as well. All can be found on my YouTube channel (although the archive is incomplete, I manually screen capture the games for aesthetic reasons so it takes some time to capture>encode>upload) and I am holding onto the original files as well. I would gladly upload the PGL ones a zip if there is a spot that would be appropriate for this. Something more permanent than a Dropbox type web site.
2016-12-12, 13:36
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
Great to hear!
How about using demos.quakeworld.nu which isn't very nice, but probably reliable.
Join us on discord.quake.world
2016-12-14, 04:04
2 posts

Dec 2016
bps wrote:
Great to hear!
How about using demos.quakeworld.nu which isn't very nice, but probably reliable.

That works great for me! Already put three good ones up. :-)
2017-07-26, 12:12
21 posts

Dec 2011
WOW, I've just return to this thread by chance. I've seen your YT channel and so far I'm pretty impressed. So far you've uploaded only 3 3 demos to quakeworld.nu

Can you please upload the rest of your demos on demos.quakeworld.nu, or whatever site and share them with community?
2017-08-10, 10:46
21 posts

Dec 2011
I managed to collect all of my PGL finals demos here in this big demopack

Here's description what is inside:

All star event: Thresh, B2, Unholy, Dmann vs Gollum, Thorn, Reptile and Kornelia

Game1 and 2

POVs Team Red: Dmann, Team Blue: Gollum, Thorn, Reptile and official team red chasecam (+ POVcam made by me)

Thresh, Unholy and B2 didn't record demos.

Semifinals Death Row vs Clan Kapitol

Game1:

POVs : DR: Frick, Thresh, B2, Reptile, CK: Apoc, Wilder
DR and CK official chasecams (+ POVcams made by me)
Missing: CK Krave and Cronus

Game2:

POVs : DR: Frick, B2, Unholy, CK: Apoc, Wilder
Missing: DR Thresh, CK: Krave and Cronus

DR and CK official chasecams (+ POVcams made by me)

Semifinals Clan Gib vs Power Rangers (XBN)

Game1 and 2:

POVs: CG: Ronbob, PR: Dmann
CG and PR official chasecams (+ POVcams made by me)

Missing: CG: Gunpwdr, Havoc, Kurtz, PR: l337, butu, jabawanga

Battle for 3rd Clan Kapitol vs Power Rangers (XBN)

Game 1, 2 and 3:

POVs: PR: Dmann and L337:
Missing: PR: Butu, jabawanga, CK Krave, Cronus, Apoc, Wilder official chasecams PR and CK

Finals Death Row vs Clan Gib

Game1 and 2:

POVs: DR: Thresh, Frick, B2, Reptile (game 1). Unholy (game 2), CG: Ronbob, Gunpwdr, offcial chasecams DR and CG (+POVcams made by me)
Missing: CG: Kurtz and Havoc)

Special thanks for areuter727 for a bunch of nice demos (especially for the battle for 3rd place) and for Rasta and FC-Noheroes for keeping those demos for a long long time.

It was last professional netquake event with old school quake players so it's nice to see them.
  9 posts on 1 page  1