User panel stuff on forum
  127 posts on 5 pages  First page12345Last page
LAN tournaments
2016-02-26, 09:50
8 posts

Oct 2014
andrestone wrote:
Could somebody contact some of the big names from the past? I think that maybe paradoks and a few others may feel motivated enough to practice and play decently.

[+]!
2016-02-26, 14:15
News Writer
646 posts

Mar 2006
Andeh wrote:
That's amazing.

Wonder if they need a caster(s)!

I wonder the same thing!!!!
2016-02-26, 14:31
37 posts

May 2012
Andeh wrote:
That's amazing.

Wonder if they need a caster!

omg <3 pls let Andeh and Phil be the official casters! That would be epic!
2016-02-26, 14:52
459 posts

Mar 2008
Shad wrote:
Andeh wrote:
That's amazing.

Absolutely! Someone should hear with ddk as well, hes quite the profiled caster from other games such as QL and CS and knows more QW than most.

edit: and pektopah obviously
2016-02-26, 15:11
223 posts

Aug 2011
ddk would draw a crowd in his own right, him leading along with an 'expert' would be ideal in my mind.
carrier has arrived - twitch.tv/carapace_
2016-02-26, 15:22
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
I'm not exactly sure what production team they'll be using, but on esreality it was hinted that Faceit would produce the show, which would probably mean that ddk might be one of the casters.
2016-02-26, 18:40
284 posts

Oct 2006
Would be nice to have at least a semi-official EU vs NA 4on4 event, best out of nine!

Also Death32c EU vs NA 16vs16, best 2/3

And a 4on4 tournament on the side.

And Death32c FFA server running all the time for people to jump in
2016-02-26, 19:03
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
Will there be a QuakeWorld booth?
A testing area for QW?
How does ID feel about our QW clients? Could we advertise it somehow?

Could QuakeCon organize a 1on1 showmatch and a 4on4 showmatch?

It's really cool of ID to make a tournament like this! We will still be here once the tournament is over with a very limited player pool however..

I think it's very important that the experienced QW players here actually send mails to ID early about how the setup of computers/cfg/ clients should be.. You can't end up playing on some official client. Having a few people that are very experienced with different qw setups and also will be going to QuakeCon act as liaisons between qw community and ID seems like a good way to go- Milt/Rik/Cara/Bogo/Dimman/Meag gogo.. But perhaps they allready have someone they are talking to.. Also both Andeh's and DDk's cast setup are both very good by the way =)

I'd love to see a QuakeWorld booth or a testing area with a few computers setup for QW.

We could help with having a clean hud and user input cfg - that will also have all of the graphical improvements, fancy textures, pretty shaft etc - while at the same time having a familiar(for q3 players?) control setup.

We could help with having people join US server/Qcon servers so that there would always be someone for the ones testing to play against if they arn't playing against eachother. In FFAs, 1on1 and TDMs- could all be arranged. Even team fortress if someone is feeling nostalgic =)
Also I'm sure many of the people going to Qcon would be available to help people testing..?

This is a tremendous gift to us, it would be a shame if we can't increase the player pool even just a slightest. And this is perhaps something for another post : - but I'm mostly concerned about what happens after QuakeCon.

How can we improve the atmosphere for the people that would like to try the game after Qcon is over?
Some ideas:

. IRC is unfamiliar for many - could the people that have instagram/fb/twitter etc accounts open it up for more people to edit?
. Could IRC be "fully" integrated into Ezquake client? - Could we calculate how much this would cost - if someone wanted to work on it for the next five months?
. I'll try to run more newbie events - 2-3 hour structured gameplay focused on US player base. - Miniature tournaments and alike after qcon.
. Having a public pickup channel for Americans ready.
. Running a monthly "this month in QW" type of show on twitch could be an idea - With maps, tournaments, teams and scene discussions along with interviews etc.. lots of content to take from.
( I'm very interested in getting a hold of http://www.twitch.tv/QuakeWorld - as a community shared channel. I have the letter to twitch asking for sharing of account ready by the way Where we could keep a qw stream active by having several people streaming on same channel. + perhaps running a qw show.))
. Also this topic is very important:: http://www.quakeworld.nu/forum/topic/6806/103088/stream-list#103088
. I think players like Blooddog, Bogojoker, Dev and Quakephil - that they are somehow involved in pathing the way forward for American scene is very important. If they are able to commit to a fixed time a week - 3-4 hours for QW organization/ playing with new people in tournaments etc. I think this would help keeping new players playing. It will make no sense to have new Americans being thrown to the European wolves.
Street Vendor Crack down Princess Cop
2016-02-26, 22:47
18 posts

Feb 2015
What oco said.
2016-02-26, 23:00
29 posts

Aug 2009
Shad wrote:
Andeh wrote:
That's amazing.

Andeh + Phil + Jehar

Best lineup IMO.
The Bad Place Addicted.
2016-02-26, 23:34
214 posts

Feb 2011
ocoini wrote:
I think players like Blooddog, Bogojoker, Dev and Quakephil - that they are somehow involved in pathing the way forward for American scene is very important. If they are able to commit to a fixed time a week - 3-4 hours for QW organization/ playing with new people in tournaments etc. I think this would help keeping new players playing.

Bogo and I have been available most nights. The last couple of nights some old NA qw legends have come out of retirement and we've been helping them practice

ocoini wrote:
It will make no sense to have new Americans being thrown to the European wolves.

The American wolves aren't any nicer
2016-02-27, 13:37
68 posts

Jul 2013
i just hope the organisers realise that this is potentially the only chance we will have to get these players all under 1 roof and we need to make the most of it, even if it means starting up a donation fund if there would be extra costs involved im sure most of us would chip in if there is some coverage of it

in regards to casting i think ddk + some experts would be ideal, ddk would make it interesting for some new/not so familiar with qw

im sure there would be no shortage of volunteers to get stuff done if it means making the tournament bigger and bigger for the fans of the game
2016-02-27, 16:38
253 posts

Nov 2007
Where is Kovaak and Fiend?
As far as i know they are still playing QL, Would be nice to see them playin again qw on a lan.
cheat 2 win!
2016-02-27, 20:40
188 posts

May 2007
Bulat! For the love of God. We need Bulat there!
2016-02-27, 20:40
188 posts

May 2007
Bulat! For the love of God. We need Bulat there!

You see? That is so important, it became a double post.
2016-02-28, 08:30
3 posts

Feb 2016
First of all this is really awesome!

But can't believe more people arn't discussing the on-site registration.
How will that work really?

Something will have to be worked out somehow.. I mean I am not willing to travel literally to the other side of the world and then be denied at the door.
Since most players are from Europe this feels like an issue tbh.

There are only 32 spots available, and probably alot of people interested to play.

Wouldn't it be possible to have 16 of the spots available for the community top teams? So they can have a guaranteed spot
before practicing for months, canceling other vacation plans, spending alot of money to travel to US etc.

How those 16 teams would be chosen is another question.
2016-02-28, 08:33
3 posts

Feb 2016
If the guys running the show would be willing to reserve 16 spots for our community, we could have just an "in-house" tournament for everyone to sign up.
And top 16 teams get to go
2016-02-28, 08:43
33 posts

Mar 2006
I'm seriously planning to go. Depends if I can get a mate to play with me.

If someone is having same kind of feelings and wants to put some hours in and start to prac a lot -- feel free and msg me.
2016-02-28, 13:51
280 posts

Jan 2015
So, I'm trying to setup a meeting with Lilie this week, and so far this is the agenda:

- Duel tournament: I'm thinking about running a Duelmania Worlwide: Quakecon Edition. The idea is to have the semis and the finals covered as official showmatches (since they won't have enough time to cover / host a full Duel tournament officially)

- Reserve spots for the community on the official 2on2.

- Coverage for other community events: 4on4's mini-tourneys, continent vs continent, country vs country, on-site draft, end / POV tourneys.

- Client, computer setup and ruleset.

So please if anyone got any question, new / better ideas, please let me know. Syncerror and Lilie have been so nice and quite open minded, if we share our ideas soon enough I think we have a good chance to make them happen.
dev
2016-02-28, 15:07
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
sd-razor wrote:
First of all this is really awesome!

But can't believe more people arn't discussing the on-site registration.
How will that work really?

Something will have to be worked out somehow.. I mean I am not willing to travel literally to the other side of the world and then be denied at the door.
Since most players are from Europe this feels like an issue tbh.

There are only 32 spots available, and probably alot of people interested to play.

Wouldn't it be possible to have 16 of the spots available for the community top teams? So they can have a guaranteed spot
before practicing for months, canceling other vacation plans, spending alot of money to travel to US etc.

How those 16 teams would be chosen is another question.

Lilie wrote:
mushi wrote:

Hopefully that commitee takes into account *there will* players interested in flying there from all over the world, and hopefully they will be eligible to play

We absolutely will be taking that into account!

It seems they'll take such things into account, allowing travelling people to play ;-)
2016-02-28, 15:29
223 posts

Aug 2011
Taken into account is a far cry from a guarantee.
carrier has arrived - twitch.tv/carapace_
2016-02-28, 17:17
16 posts

Feb 2016
I honestly do not think we will have to worry about more than 32 teams showing up. In the event that we have more than 32 teams, we will have a single elimination round to narrow our teams down to 32. This will be done by seed, so no top teams will be paired together, just eliminating the bottom teams.
2016-02-28, 18:00
3 posts

Feb 2016
great! that sounds good enough for me
2016-02-29, 04:19
214 posts

Feb 2011
That's a good list dev, I think it's important to have some flexibility in client settings because peoole have been used to a certain layout and look&feel for over a decade.

Also just throwing it out there (I don't think it will work within the allotted time), but would it make sense to make the tournament double elimination? With so many top level teams traveling across the world, it would be a shame for some to get eliminated due to a bad match-up in round 1, and this this the only chance we get to see so many official good games under one roof.
2016-02-29, 04:59
16 posts

Feb 2016
It is a 32 team double elimination bracket. I was stating if we did have an issue with over 32 teams signing up we could do a single elimination round to get our 32 teams.
2016-02-29, 06:05
214 posts

Feb 2011
Oh great, ignore my post then since I missed that it was double elimination and thought I came up with a good idea! thanks for organizing, this is awesome!
2016-02-29, 19:04
67 posts

Jan 2006
Im coming to Dallas!
2016-02-29, 20:27
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
SO looking forward to this. As said, make sure rules / clients / setups etc. are updated in regards to what people are using nowadays, and make sure you do an unofficial 1on1 tourney while you're all there. A small, unofficial 4on4 tourney / showgames (EU vs. North A. vs. South A. vs. Russia or whatever fits).

And a big thanks to QuakeCon!

PS: I don't think the 2on2 tournament is in any way more-or-less-won-already by a certain pair, as some of you have said ... lots of strong lineups from what I've read in this thread so far. On equal ping ... man, I can't wait to see these games!
2016-03-01, 13:27
28 posts

Jul 2013
100% agreed with ocoini, a fragmovie to promote the game woule be also very cool.
Without being pessimistic, 3 tournaments in 3days is maybe too much to be nicely prepared ? not ? especially in an unknown place
2016-03-03, 13:36
News Writer
912 posts

Jan 2006
andrestone wrote:
- Duel tournament: I'm thinking about running a Duelmania Worlwide: Quakecon Edition. The idea is to have the semis and the finals covered as official showmatches (since they won't have enough time to cover / host a full Duel tournament officially)

ahem.
  127 posts on 5 pages  First page12345Last page