User panel stuff on forum
  7 posts on 1 page  1
Help
2016-01-18, 20:34
230 posts

Jan 2006
A couple of times when using the server browser I have managed to empty the server list which is kind of frustrating.
I can still refresh the list and I can watch who is on the servers but no servers will appear in the list once I emptied it.
The only thing that seem to fix it is restarting ezQuake!

The first times I did not know what caused it but it seems when I'm on the server "screen" and I press my "toggleconsole" button, instead of ESC, the servers disappear from the list.
I'm usually on 2.2 but I have now also tested the 3.0 nightly build and I get the same behaviour in both.
Could anyone try to recreate this and let me know if I should continue my fault-tracing or not?

Just refresh your server browser and when you have servers presented, press your toggleconsole button.....what happens?

Thanks Moon
2016-01-18, 21:27
117 posts

Jan 2006
Happens to me too, pressing Backspace fixes it for me.
2016-01-18, 22:07
230 posts

Jan 2006
OK thanks Gore.
Would be interesting to know if this behaviour is by design or not?
2016-01-18, 22:22
202 posts

Dec 2006
gore wrote:
Happens to me too, pressing Backspace fixes it for me.

Thanks! I often accidentally cause this to happen and didn't know that backspace fixes it. I know theres a lot of shortcuts in the server browser menu, is there any complete documentation regarding these features?

edit: this seems to be it - http://ezquake.sourceforge.net/docs/?server-browser - no mention of the tilde thing however
2016-01-19, 00:05
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
This happens to me all the time. Hate it. Can it be patched?
Join us on discord.quake.world
2016-01-19, 00:20
117 posts

Jan 2006
I thought it might be because it's trying to filter out servers with tilde in, other than that no idea. I'm sure mr. dimman can fix it =)
2016-01-19, 02:11
386 posts

Apr 2006
As Gore said, when you type characters into the server browser, it uses them to filter the list. No servers have a tilde in them, so it blanks the list. For some reason, when the list is empty, it doesn't show the active filter at the bottom of the screen. I guess that's the actual bug.

Pressing tilde and getting a blank list is the feature working as intended. The only problem is it doesn't tell you that's what's happening.
  7 posts on 1 page  1