User panel stuff on forum
  17 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2016-01-10, 18:26
News Writer
275 posts

May 2006
If this idea dont have the light of day then gg, at least i tried. Feedback would be nice.

I want to do a 4 vs 4 tournament, thunderdome/duelmania style, with only 1 map per tournament.

I think this is a better solution than having those maps in EQL. EQL should be TB3 only. Its a good solution for players who want only TB3 and also for players that might want something else (are you out there?). Players who want something else are open to try new things anyway, and we shouldnt force any maps on anyone.

Concept:

Before a tournament we have a poll on what map to play, the map with most votes is the map you play in the tournament. Maps in the poll could be anything, CMTs, other customs, eXmY, eXmYtdm....the players decide. Admins dont choose the map, players do. When a tournament is over, we start a new one with a new poll. Simple as that. If you dont like the map that is gonna be played, then dont sign up for that tournament.

With this tournament, with double elimination, you get to play the map at least 4 times (and pracs also?).

I honestly think this is a better way to get other maps than TB3 to be played more.

All you do is set up a page and have a poll. If the poll get many votes you know you got players who want this. If the poll dont get many votes, the project is dead anway and dont need to start.

At least i got time this winter/spring to run it, but im not wasting time if players dont respond

Comments? :-o
Link, we are not even oldtimers anymore, we are dinosaurs. - Hooraytio
2016-01-10, 20:29
News Writer
183 posts

May 2013
I would actually be interested in some non TB3 TDM.
2016-01-11, 09:33
News Writer
275 posts

May 2006
1 reply

Promising
2016-01-11, 11:40
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
I would play but I feel like it would need to be a draft since it might be hard to get existing clans to play.
The players in each clan might vary alot when it comes to playing new maps.
Chosen
2016-01-11, 12:12
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
I would play on some known maps. namely some q3 maps. No time/motivation to learn new ones.
I agree on draft.
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2016-01-11, 12:19
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
I don't have to time to learn new maps but I'll play anyway!
2016-01-11, 16:26
215 posts

Feb 2011
Same!
2016-01-11, 17:31
News Writer
275 posts

May 2006
Not sure if a draft is needed?

Players can sign up whatever team name they want, regular clans not needed, unless they want to.

Or you do want a draft because you want teams to be "same level"?

Fake/spam signups wont work anyway, that should be easy to filter out.

I think we should make this an "easygoing" tournamet to make most games as possible. 4 players in teams should be enough and 1 standin should be allowed if the opponent accept it. Its easy to make a WO as well.

Just want some games played, teams would probably vary a lot when it comes to how serious they feel about the games. I mean if 4 players want to fakenick, sure, just use the same nicks in all games. I dont see the big problem really.

Its really up to the players/community themselves how they want this to pan out.
2016-01-11, 19:16
212 posts

Apr 2006
Link wrote:
Players who want something else are open to try new things anyway, and we shouldnt force any maps on anyone.

What happened to you in the last 15 years? This sounds very reasonable and reserved. Is this really you, Link?
2016-01-11, 20:30
News Writer
275 posts

May 2006
you know what happend andy:

the day qw 4vs4 died

2016-01-12, 01:46
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
D99 will sign up! - two or three teams! I want to start with CMT2 ;D
Street Vendor Crack down Princess Cop
2016-01-12, 18:56
News Writer
275 posts

May 2006
Ok so i bought www.qw4ever.com

Anyone want to contribute let me know
2016-01-13, 07:23
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
Link wrote:
Ok so i bought www.qw4ever.com

Anyone want to contribute let me know

What's the plan stan?
Join us on discord.quake.world
2016-01-13, 10:46
News Writer
275 posts

May 2006
Well as you can read above the plan is a 4v4, but when i did this last time i also did a FFA tournament on customs/eXmY. That worked pretty well, i think Gamer won it We had like quarterfinales, semifinals and final. Was pretty cool. IRL issues made me go inactive. Thats over with

I guess the masterplan would be an ok site, with that poll. When poll is over we need a signup feature. Would also be nice with som admin help. I can do a lot to organize it but i dont have all the skillz Its no problem getting a host with mySQL etc.

qw4ever is a cool name i guess, it could just be site for the tournaments, whatever it is, ffa or 4v4. Whatever the qw addicts desire
2016-01-13, 11:19
News Writer
69 posts

Sep 2006
I'm pretty sure I'll be able to form a team for this.

It takes me usually less than an hour (for example three 4on4s) the get to know the basics of a new map. It makes me laugh to hear arguments about not having enough time to learn new maps, knowing how much the active people put time in grinding the same old maps with little chance of getting better in them (due to the way they play).
2016-01-13, 12:29
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
Milton wrote:
I'm pretty sure I'll be able to form a team for this.

It takes me usually less than an hour (for example three 4on4s) the get to know the basics of a new map. It makes me laugh to hear arguments about not having enough time to learn new maps, knowing how much the active people put time in grinding the same old maps with little chance of getting better in them (due to the way they play).

Ahem. Sounds like me, this! Hehe. Anyway, as said, I'm in!
2016-01-13, 20:49
News Writer
275 posts

May 2006
Ok so e3m7 up on poll then
  17 posts on 1 page  1