User panel stuff on forum
  6 posts on 1 page  1
Movies
2015-12-14, 19:16
4 posts

Jun 2013
YOUTUBE

I found it odd that there wasn't many if any videos on youtube dedicated to aero's RA jumps like QL, CPM and even Reflex has. Even google yielded no results, but I might of been bad at searching. It's very hard and everyone uses rocket most of the time anyway (unless they're coming in fast enough), so I understand why. Anyway here's some tricks, starting with circle jumps from stairs with 3 jumps up to 560ups speed, using all the basic movement techniques: A/D, W/S, A/D+W.. etc etc.. End half of the video demonstrates the easy alternatives which I'm sure everyone is capable of. Practicing these jumps was enjoyable, QW for president!
2015-12-14, 19:55
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
Nice jumps
Many use these jumps, we just don't put them on youtube.
It's in the blood - so natural - like putting a clip when breathing up on the Tube, atleast I never got that idea.
Join us on discord.quake.world
2015-12-14, 21:06
4 posts

Jun 2013
It's a natural jump for Quake 3/Live/CPMA players too within their own games and physics, but there's still lots of videos of it around. Perhaps it's because all noobs in QW have evolved or become extinct? Nobody needs to look up how the f it's done anymore

Anyway the reason I made this video though is because I recently started putting together my mini series where I perform trick jumps in every Quake and Quake clone, trying to exploit as many unique techniques as possible. Aerowalk is in pretty much every aFPS so the RA jump is good for reference
2015-12-14, 21:39
212 posts

Apr 2006
Nice moves and very smooth video!
2015-12-15, 18:46
386 posts

Apr 2006
You have exceptionally smooth and accurate movement. Good video.

Although I would point out that it is more efficient to come up the stairs and jump over the lightning gun first, followed by turning left to gain speed, rather than making the slightly longer walk all the way up the stairs and circling to the right to gain speed instead.
2015-12-16, 23:38
13 posts

Nov 2015
Hi smile!
Nice video. I always used rocketjumps if I didnt come bhopping from GL stairs.
Guess thats about to change now
  6 posts on 1 page  1