User panel stuff on forum
  2 posts on 1 page  1
Server Talk
2015-11-22, 09:03
172 posts

Sep 2013
While browsing through the KTX source code I stumbled across /demomark, which I did not know existed! Its current implementation just seemed to include a marker in the demo file but nothing more. It seem clients can then look for those markers. ezquake has a client command `/demo_jump_mark`. However it doesn't seem to work for me (I haven't investigated why yet).

I tried to make this a bit more user friendly in game.

I like the fact that spectators can add markers!

Anyone have other ideas for improving demo markers?
2015-11-22, 09:12
172 posts

Sep 2013
BogoJoker wrote:
ezquake has a client command `/demo_jump_mark`. However it doesn't seem to work for me (I haven't investigated why yet).

Apparently ezQuake's /demo_jump_mark only jumps to markers set by the current player you are following in the demo. It also jumps to exactly the time of the mark, which seems rather useless for manually added markers. It also means spec added markers don't actually do anything.

It would probably be better if jumping to marks jumps and switches to the view of the player who set the mark (no switch if set by spec). I also think jumping to (mark time - 5s) would be more desirable. If a player adds a demo marker in game it would most likely be AFTER an event happened. I don't want to have to "/demo_jump_mark; wait; wait; ...; wait; /demo_jump -5" every time!
  2 posts on 1 page  1