[1 Mega]
[1 YA]
[3 GA]

Powerups
[1 Quad]

updated: Screens: http://imgur.com/a/GNRJv new as of 10-16-15

((((((((FINAL VERSION)))))))
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bdoqbovbl28849i/shifter.zip

Old version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5qio1p35pvaqe90/shifter_b10.bsp new as of 10-16-15
Older version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/qgmueotfh2i4nev/shifter_b8.bsp

Updated to final version: moved items around for balance. changed a little lighting. enjoy
Updated to beta 10. new quad area item rebalance. last beta before i release.
Updated to beta 7. small changes to double tele area and water room is now lava room. added a spawn and changed items. small lighting fixes around the map.

(Edited 2015-10-21, 00:05)
2015-10-05, 06:19
35 posts

Sep 2015
I played this map once, in ffa with 3 other people who were way better than me. They stayed the duration of the round, so the map must be at least alright. I can't give my own opinion, since I'm slow and don't play the game that the fast people play. But I liked the openings in the ledges and floor, like near RA. I also liked the low area, the dimensions feel good and it's fast down there.

For a wildcard change, try removing the sng and moving platform, and pushing in the wall geo there to take up that empty platform and close things up a lil.
2015-10-05, 17:28
172 posts

Sep 2013
I streamed 40 minutes of 5 minute duels on the map. Check out the other highlights if you want to just see some combos. I found the map really fun.
2015-10-05, 22:33
35 posts

Sep 2015
There's another small detail to mention, maybe too small a detail :p, but the angled wall at RA is hitchy and grabby, just like the angled walls in dm4. I don't know if there's anything that can really be done about this though. I'm also pretty sure I've been grabbed in midair near GA, along the intersection with angled wall, and spit out with the leg break noise, same as what can happen in dm4.
2015-10-06, 02:24
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
BogoJoker wrote:
I streamed 40 minutes of 5 minute duels on the map. Check out the other highlights if you want to just see some combos. I found the map really fun.

Can't really watch any of your stream or videos Bogo, it's really choppy, frames dropped and lagging my browser - anyone else have same problem with bogos stream or is it just me?
Are you using open software broadcast? try these settings::

Encoding: x264, CBR on, Enable padding, Bitrate: not higher than 2500 really, but only if you have connection for it. Buffer same.
Mine only uses 900 - (http://www.twitch.tv/ocoini/v/18597007 )
When you go high on bitrate those that don't have really good connection can't really watch the stream in source and has to go lower on quality regardless.
Try going down to 1500 as a start perhaps and see if you get any more 'complaints' on that one =)

Video: Custom (same as qw) , Resolution downscale depends on how fast pc you have, i have mine on 2.00, Filter Lanczos, Fps, 30 if you have good gpu you could increase/decrease. I have 21 on mine.. Disable Aero checked.

Advanced: Check Multithread, Process Priority high, Scene buffering 700, X264 CPU preset - FAST, you can go lower but go back up again if you notice mouse lagg, encoding profile main, KeyFrame 2, Check use CFR, leave rest unchecked.
Street Vendor Crack down Princess Cop
2015-10-06, 07:30
172 posts

Sep 2013
ocoini wrote:
Can't really watch any of your stream or videos Bogo, it's really choppy, frames dropped and lagging my browser - anyone else have same problem with bogos stream or is it just me?

Thanks for the suggestions. I played with settings and got something that is starting to look better. We can continue this discussion elsewhere to not hijack the thread.
2015-10-06, 12:38
9 posts

Aug 2015
I've never really clicked with any of foog's maps before, but this one is Certified Premium Kenya.

Please add more buttons for an authentic DM2 feel.
God bless.
2015-10-06, 14:43
223 posts

Aug 2011
http://upload.foppa.dk/files/duel_carapace_vs_nekbar[shifter_b6]151006-1008.mvd

First game on this map and nekbar was kind enough to play me. I´ve only jumped around on it a bit beforehand to get an idea of it.
carrier has arrived - twitch.tv/carapace_
2015-10-06, 15:15
69 posts

Aug 2014
BoldHugeCrunch wrote:
I've never really clicked with any of foog's maps before, but this one is Certified Premium Kenya.

Please add more buttons for an authentic DM2 feel.
God bless.

I can confirm that I got destroyed a lot on shifter by the above poster. No complaints about the map, though. It's very fun and good.
2015-10-06, 23:20
57 posts

Oct 2015
I dont like the map personally ahaha. I'm still working on it though. I'm reworking that water mega / ra / ga area. Also playing with stairs instead of ramps because I think they're annoying. Taking white rabbit. obj advice and tightening up that wall with the lift. Stay tuned
2015-10-07, 16:21
280 posts

Jan 2015
foogs wrote:
I dont like the map personally ahaha. I'm still working on it though. I'm reworking that water mega / ra / ga area. Also playing with stairs instead of ramps because I think they're annoying. Taking white rabbit. obj advice and tightening up that wall with the lift. Stay tuned

I got a few servers to admin, should I wait for the next update to upload it? Ocoini? Verro?
dev
2015-10-07, 16:45
344 posts

Nov 2006
Installed it on the Dybbuk servers. However for some reason I cannot switch to the map. The servers just seems to disconnect me?
2015-10-07, 17:11
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
andrestone wrote:
foogs wrote:

I got a few servers to admin, should I wait for the next update to upload it? Ocoini? Verro?

Well I certainly hope this was the version that works as i've allready spammed 35 server admins. with this link http://www.mediafire.com/download/53pk7v5x1uwu316/shifter_b6.bsp

I really don't know, I havn't played the map.
Street Vendor Crack down Princess Cop
2015-10-07, 18:02
35 posts

Sep 2015
Foogs, I think the low rl at water is a little hard to notice visually, because it sits low above the surface of the water and it sits right at the edge of some floor geometry. I don't play with simple items, and normally I don't miss weapons or items. And be careful with the stairs maybe you can do some half stairs, half ramp, height transitions. I mean vertically, so you might have a short ramp, full width, with a couple stairs atop that ramp. Not a ramp up the middle with stairs at either side. This way you can try and hit the ramp if you want, or use the stairs.
2015-10-07, 18:02
35 posts

Sep 2015
Foogs, I think the low rl at water is a little hard to notice visually, because it sits low above the surface of the water and it sits right at the edge of some floor geometry. I don't play with simple items, and normally I don't miss weapons or items. And be careful with the stairs maybe you can do some half stairs, half ramp, height transitions. I mean vertically, so you might have a short ramp, full width, with a couple stairs atop that ramp. Not a ramp up the middle with stairs at either side. This way you can try and hit the ramp if you want, or use the stairs. I was pleased with the lack of stairs in _b6 but ramps kinda suck too
2015-10-07, 18:44
280 posts

Jan 2015
Tuna wrote:
Installed it on the Dybbuk servers. However for some reason I cannot switch to the map. The servers just seems to disconnect me?

If you tried to wget the map on mediafire u are probablly getting the wrong bytes. It happened to me recently.
dev
2015-10-07, 20:26
344 posts

Nov 2006
Eww.. right. Craphoster.. thanks for pointing it out, I have fixed it.
2015-10-08, 09:22
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
Played it yesterday on 2on2
fun map

I would say that there is way too much ammo available. Having "unlimited" ammo narrows the strategy and promotes +forward. i don't like that
The high amount of armor/megah is fun and a nice twist. which reinforces the need of haviing less ammo - would make the gameplay more interesting

don't see the point of having a GL right now. maybe with less ammo i change my mind.

other than that, nice fights at quad and nice movement overall!
gj!
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2015-10-08, 10:10
2 posts

Oct 2015
I was one of the admins, needed to put the file on my local nas then copied it over to the linux server with sftp.
Media Fire link did not work with wget think the metadata was not ok. But now its up and running =).
2015-10-08, 10:12
2 posts

Oct 2015
andrestone wrote:
Tuna wrote:

If you tried to wget the map on mediafire u are probablly getting the wrong bytes. It happened to me recently.

I´ve got the exact same on my ubuntu server, but copied over to my nas and then sftp
2015-10-11, 23:08
57 posts

Oct 2015
updated the map in the original post. wouldn't bump if edits would bump automatically.
2015-10-17, 00:06
57 posts

Oct 2015
last bump before final release. looking for feedback on item locations or spawn balance. b10
2015-10-17, 04:45
42 posts

Sep 2014
I'd remove the upper entrance to the 2 way portal and just make it a 1 way. It appears to be too easy to cover all the major items from that point.

The exit isn't that far away from the entrance so you could easily return to the entrance if you wanted, but with the 2 way its just way too much of the map you can cover with so little effort.
IGN: sinistral
2015-10-17, 14:31
23 posts

Apr 2010
Latest beta (shifter_b10.bsp) is now uploaded to the feffsson.se servers as well.
I will keep the shifter_b6.bsp version for now, in case that it is still the one that is going to be played in the div99 2on2 tournament.
2015-10-21, 00:05
57 posts

Oct 2015
BUMP. Updated to Final Version check first post.
2015-10-21, 09:46
26 posts

Apr 2012
Turned out very nice that final version, I like.

And way better the lava instead of the water, like in earlier betas
The water looked dull - blended in the evironment
The lava gives nice contrast.

Also plays very smooth.

r_speeds are way below 1000, so no problem -at all- for today's hardware
...I have this weird fetisch to keep r_speeds world poly's below 500, with fov 120 [lol]
... as if i'm still in the 1996's+

gm
2015-10-21, 13:24
188 posts

Feb 2008
Played some on shifter_b10, much prefer it to prior versions. Maybe some admins can upload the final ones to the servers?
  27 posts on 1 page  1