User panel stuff on forum
  59 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
DuelMania
2015-07-28, 13:24
176 posts

Mar 2012
Mindf!3ldzX the link aint working for me ,post me something that shows netquake aktivity im intersted!
2015-07-28, 14:25
News Writer
912 posts

Jan 2006
andy wrote:
After all he wanted to hijack one of the last remaining institutions we have at QW, which is DuelMania, and leave his personal mark on it. I can fully understand that Dirtbox and others do not approve of this kind of behaviour. After all, a lot of preparation work and money (such as setting up an awesome strategic QW server landscape to allow cross-continental games!) was spent on it.

You are 100% correct. You could actually say that this project is over 12 months in the making.
2015-07-28, 14:34
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Adrenalin wrote:
Mindf!3ldzX the link aint working for me ,post me something that shows netquake aktivity im intersted!

Try this url and press the "download this file" link then do the captcha. It played in third person though. :S
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2015-07-28, 14:36
News Writer
912 posts

Jan 2006
Mushi and I started the QW server project around 15 months ago. Following our lead both claw and dev also added more servers covering Argentina, Brasil, Chile and the USA. Once this was complete dev came to me with the idea for a worldwide tourney with cash prizes to utilise our new servers (his plan is actually to also go ahead with 2on2 and 4on4 as well). As my time is limited in Europe I got right on board and begged my good friend dopeskillz to allow us to use the DuelMania name for our idea... he not only accepted but wanted to retain his tourney grandmaster status and along with Mushi we've been working non-stop to bring you this new tourney. For me it will sadly be my final gift to the QW community.
2015-07-28, 16:08
214 posts

Feb 2011
I don't think this was answered so I'll take a stab at it as it would be nice to see some NQ players join our ranks

Mindf!3ldzX wrote:
So I was surfing the duelmania official website.... http://www.duelmania.net/
I wanted to check ping times to all the relevant continents, and noticed the servers page http://www.duelmania.net/?sid=4&mod=servers&act=view&opt= has zero servers listed.

lol

Can someone post a complete list of the QW servers that I will be subject to playing on? And any other relevant information whether typed up here or linked elsewhere?

Where are you located? You can check out www.quakeservers.net/quakeworld/servers for all servers, then filter by location by clicking on Search in the left bar. You can also use the built-in server browser from ezQuake (see below).

If you're in the US, you'll probably play on a NYC or Miami server for US games, and quakeworld.co.uk for European games.

Mindf!3ldzX wrote:
What are the official clients being allowed , or are there clients not being allowed? What is recommended ?

ezQuake is basically the standard client, you can get the 2.2 stable version from ezquake.sourceforge.net or the latest 3.0 nightly build (that I and several others use) from here. If you want a full distribution, then nquake is your friend (it includes ezquake but you can replace the .exe with the latest version).

Note that the out of the box look of nQuake might not be what you're used to, but you can configure almost anything to look more faithful if that's what you prefer.

Mindf!3ldzX wrote:
http://www.duelmania.net/?sid=4&mod=signups&act=view&opt=

^ Is that the current signup list or is that just left overs from a previous tournaments?

That's the current list, everyone signed up in the last couple weeks. Pretty nice to see 40+ players!

Mindf!3ldzX wrote:
I have many more questions but I think those can wait until the current ones get answered with some clarifications.

Also, even though Quakeone.com is primarily focused on NetQuake, would anyone want to get with me and work together to accumulate information in a neat and tidy news article on the front page? Who is the HMFIC of this duel mania event?

Someone should help with this

Cheers,
BD
2015-07-28, 17:03
1100 posts

Jan 2006
FYI that Quake One Network guy is banned on quakeone.com as well as in the #qc IRC channel. On other Quake places he hasn't wrecked havoc yet but I am afraid his spamming alienated a lot of people in the bigger community if they read it at all. If your friends got sucked into his absurd scheme, educate them and try to prevent others for falling into the trap.

It's kinda sad
2015-07-28, 18:28
18 posts

Dec 2010
andy wrote:
Mindf!3ldzX wrote:

Yes, we are still active. Demo recorded on 7/25/2015

obviously, on NetQuake http://www.filedropper.com/showdownload.php/quaketdm

The force is strong with inferior Quake

I followed the quakeone.com community a bit for a few years. The spirit felt completely different to the QW scene.
I think the QW scene's focus was the competitiveness of the game which is still regarded to the best by many players and ex players. But it was a huge hit for many to accept that the player's base has been shrinking for a very long time, even down to the point that serious tournaments make no sense anymore. Much effort was put into reactivating players and addressing new players both with the goal to increase activity.

As far as the Netquake scene is concerned, my impression was that players haven't considered the game to be competitive anymore and the only point to play the game because you enjoy it. Therefore, I really liked the way most NQ people wanted to find ways how to get more fun out of the game (new maps, clients, mods, enhancements etc.) and being generally open-minded towards changes.
When things change(d) in the QW community, there are always a few questions heavily discussed:
- Does this attract new players?
- Does this discourage old players?

As far as I remember you are one of the most active drivers in that scene and have a very positive attitude and are a great representive for Quake in general.

Anyway, I think that Quake ONE Net guy didn't really understand that coming to these forums and talking as if he's the Pooh Bah of all things Quake wouldn't make him many friends. All help is appreciated but it seems he should have focussed differently. After all he wanted to hijack one of the last remaining institutions we have at QW, which is DuelMania, and leave his personal mark on it. I can fully understand that Dirtbox and others do not approve of this kind of behaviour. After all, a lot of preparation work and money (such as setting up an awesome strategic QW server landscape to allow cross-continental games!) was spent on it.

DuelMania is a Quakeworld duel competition. I'm sure that everyone who accepts this fact is welcome to participate. Extending the tournament to another game is totally off the table (remember the 2 questions that always get asked when things shall change)

/facepalm. I have no intention of asking anyone to play netquake. Everyone is gonna have to just forgive and forget,shit happens, and I'm sorry shit happened here. I can't apologize for his actions but his actions led me here, I enjoy competitive Quake. so does every guy who plays NetQuake TDM.

Yes I have a recent 1v1 (DM6) between Bruce and Legion, I don't normally 1v1 but I plan on trying to play in this event. Whether those guys do or not isn't the point, I didnt come here to instigate QW vs NQ nor do I want anything except just to participate. I play Quake in 2015 competitively that should be enough

I've been reading about this 'fastest route' stuff and I suppose I will ask mushi for assistance with everything when it comes to that.

http://www.filedropper.com/showdownload.php/brucevlegion there is that 1v1 demo.
I'll write up a news article later tonight for DuelMania WorldWide. I already have a QW install thanks to mushi,he's been a great help even before I found out about DMWW

(Edited 2015-07-28, 18:40)
Mindzy
2015-07-28, 18:30
18 posts

Dec 2010
Ake Vader wrote:
Adrenalin wrote:

Try this url and press the "download this file" link then do the captcha. It played in third person though. :S

I recorded it via QuakeTV in Clan Ring, that is all we play is CRMOD
Mindzy
2015-07-28, 19:42
News Writer
912 posts

Jan 2006
Mindf!3ldzX wrote:
http://www.filedropper.com/showdownload.php/brucevlegion there is that 1v1 demo.

I have no idea how to get this file to download from this site

edit:
nevermind, got it but it seems to also be a 4on4 demo
2015-07-29, 13:13
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
Mindzy thanks for the kind words

If you need any assistance on writing contents for Quakeone.com please contact me or other DM admin.

Keep asking questions, they will be eventually answered
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2015-07-29, 17:32
18 posts

Dec 2010
dirtbox wrote:
Mindf!3ldzX wrote:

I have no idea how to get this file to download from this site

edit:
nevermind, got it but it seems to also be a 4on4 demo

I'm sorry, that is my fault I renamed the wrong file. just overwrite the original one you downloaded

HERE is that 1v1 Bruce versus Legion 1v1

I'm going to write up an article about the DuelMania WorldWide tournament and just point to the official website.
You can see that in about 3-5 minutes at Quakeone.com
Mindzy
2015-07-29, 18:25
18 posts

Dec 2010
BLooD_DoG wrote:
I don't think this was answered so I'll take a stab at it as it would be nice to see some NQ players join our ranks

Mindf!3ldzX wrote:
So I was surfing the duelmania official website.... http://www.duelmania.net/
I wanted to check ping times to all the relevant continents, and noticed the servers page http://www.duelmania.net/?sid=4&mod=servers&act=view&opt= has zero servers listed.

lol

Can someone post a complete list of the QW servers that I will be subject to playing on? And any other relevant information whether typed up here or linked elsewhere?

Where are you located? You can check out www.quakeservers.net/quakeworld/servers for all servers, then filter by location by clicking on Search in the left bar. You can also use the built-in server browser from ezQuake (see below).

If you're in the US, you'll probably play on a NYC or Miami server for US games, and quakeworld.co.uk for European games.

Mindf!3ldzX wrote:
What are the official clients being allowed , or are there clients not being allowed? What is recommended ?

ezQuake is basically the standard client, you can get the 2.2 stable version from ezquake.sourceforge.net or the latest 3.0 nightly build (that I and several others use) from here. If you want a full distribution, then nquake is your friend (it includes ezquake but you can replace the .exe with the latest version).

Note that the out of the box look of nQuake might not be what you're used to, but you can configure almost anything to look more faithful if that's what you prefer.

Mindf!3ldzX wrote:
http://www.duelmania.net/?sid=4&mod=signups&act=view&opt=

^ Is that the current signup list or is that just left overs from a previous tournaments?

That's the current list, everyone signed up in the last couple weeks. Pretty nice to see 40+ players!

Mindf!3ldzX wrote:
I have many more questions but I think those can wait until the current ones get answered with some clarifications.

Also, even though Quakeone.com is primarily focused on NetQuake, would anyone want to get with me and work together to accumulate information in a neat and tidy news article on the front page? Who is the HMFIC of this duel mania event?

Someone should help with this

Cheers,
BD

Thanks for your efforts, that have not gone unnoticed. I ran into a problem though... first let me say I have created a Quakewold folder, and tossed a ID1 folder in it with pak0 and pak1.

That link for the nightly build http://upload.foppa.dk/files/ezquake3_20150324.exe <- there made my AV protection throw a temper tantrum,and isn't letting me download it. (I know its a false positive).

So, I'll just grab the latest stable version, toss in my maps folder / locs folder and as far as I know I should be good to go minus that best route stuff. It seems excessively complicated on the surface, heres to hoping it easier than it looks lol.
Mindzy
2015-07-29, 19:31
212 posts

Apr 2006
Mindf!3ldzX wrote:

I'm going to write up an article about the DuelMania WorldWide tournament and just point to the official website.

Hi,

can you please help me? I'm getting an error when I open the demo (I tried several clients). The message is: "svc_lightstyle > MAX_LIGHTSTYLES".
I guess I'm missing some parameter such as heapsize or whatever, but I can't figure out what's wrong.

Thanks for the post on quakeone.com!
2015-07-29, 21:03
1100 posts

Jan 2006
What engine are you trying? Try qrack or a recent proquake I guess. Quakespasm should have zero issues but isnt a MP engine.

mindz: -> http://nquake.com/
2015-07-29, 21:14
18 posts

Dec 2010
Spirit wrote:
What engine are you trying? Try qrack or a recent proquake I guess. Quakespasm should have zero issues but isnt a MP engine.

mindz: -> http://nquake.com/

I downloaded the nQuake installer awhile back, but was really annoyed at how much hand holding it wanted to do for me.
Spirit, I can't remember vividly but does nQuake offer to focus on DuelMania in some capacity ? I visited the website but couldn't refind the download link, so I'll just use the previous nQuake download I still have haha.

I have nquake28_installer.exe already, so I'll run with that.
Mindzy
2015-07-29, 21:26
18 posts

Dec 2010
andy wrote:
Mindf!3ldzX wrote:

Hi,

can you please help me? I'm getting an error when I open the demo (I tried several clients). The message is: "svc_lightstyle > MAX_LIGHTSTYLES".
I guess I'm missing some parameter such as heapsize or whatever, but I can't figure out what's wrong.

No problem bro. Too many people get involved with the whole "Them" and "Us" aspect of NetQuake and Quakeworld , and I won't pretend I never did that. I used to be that way, but now days I consider anyone even remotely involved with Quake1 apart of the same group. Anything I can do to help is always at your disposal.
Mindzy
2015-07-29, 21:34
18 posts

Dec 2010
andy wrote:
Mindf!3ldzX wrote:

Hi,

I am not sure what engine was used to record the demo, but my guess is exactly what was suggested , ProQuake or Qrack.
I'm the oddball of the community who uses DirectQ exclusively, specifically 2.0 , which uses DX11 backend of some sort, as opposed to OpenGL

(Edited 2015-07-29, 21:37)
Mindzy
2015-07-29, 21:34
212 posts

Apr 2006
Spirit wrote:

I tried ProQuake, Quakespasm, DirectQ and Fitzquake. All those exes were in my quake folder (most likely not in recent version) and gave the same error message. I used Dr. Google to find me the most recent version of ProQuake but it's the same - though the error message now appears in the console and starts with "host_error" instead of just quitting the game.
Maybe I'm lacking the correct folder that the mod looks for? But I'm just guessing here.
2015-07-29, 22:01
18 posts

Dec 2010
andy wrote:
Spirit wrote:

I tried ProQuake, Quakespasm, DirectQ and Fitzquake. All those exes were in my quake folder (most likely not in recent version) and gave the same error message. I used Dr. Google to find me the most recent version of ProQuake but it's the same - though the error message now appears in the console and starts with "host_error" instead of just quitting the game.
Maybe I'm lacking the correct folder that the mod looks for? But I'm just guessing here.

Nope, its Clanring mod and that is run purely server side. The map used in the demo is DM6.

The demo works for me, if you would like I can record a video and upload to youtube as a last resort, I don't mind. I really wish the quakeworld.nu forums would allow me to view the previous posts is there an option for that maybe in a user control panel somewhere. It's not a big deal, just useful at times.

This really is out of my scope, I take for granted pure and simple , record demoname , playdemo demoname.

You should try playing the demo back in Qrack ( Qrack ver4497 ) , I'm willing to bet it was recorded in Qrack.
Mindzy
2015-07-30, 06:35
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
I just played the first demo with ezquake.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2015-07-30, 17:02
212 posts

Apr 2006
Mindf!3ldzX wrote:
You should try playing the demo back in Qrack ( Qrack ver4497 ) , I'm willing to bet it was recorded in Qrack.

Thanks, Qrack worked for me!
Nice demo, I enjoyed it. Haven't seen a duel played on dm6 in dmm1 with powerups on for a quite a long time but I thought this was the appropriate way to play
2015-08-11, 00:09
18 posts

Dec 2010
andy wrote:
Mindf!3ldzX wrote:

Nice demo, I enjoyed it. Haven't seen a duel played on dm6 in dmm1 with powerups on for a quite a long time but I thought this was the appropriate way to play

When does this thing kick off, forgive me if this has already been discussed I couldn't seem to find that information.
Mindzy
2015-08-11, 00:46
280 posts

Jan 2015
Mindf!3ldzX wrote:
andy wrote:
Mindf!3ldzX wrote:

When does this thing kick off, forgive me if this has already been discussed I couldn't seem to find that information.

In a week or so. News post on the way.
dev
2015-08-11, 21:07
Administrator
21 posts

Jan 2006
nix wrote:
He did not only message the admins but also the normal players. I always disliked it that people could get my email address so easily from the duelmania site. But as the QW community has been moron free until now I kind of ignored it. Maybe the email addresses should not longer be displayed.

Hm, nix, I don't really see where a registered user can snatch the email addresses of other registered users. The only exception is the email address of your next opponent. But maybe I am overlooking something. Please let me know if I do and I'll fix it ASAP.
2015-08-11, 21:17
Administrator
21 posts

Jan 2006
Nevermind, I just found the mistake. Wow, I wasn't aware of that. This should have been fixed a decade ago... It'll be fixed in the course of the evening.
2015-08-12, 04:07
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
ebson <3
Ca va bien?
Join us on discord.quake.world
2015-08-12, 17:36
Administrator
21 posts

Jan 2006
Oui, ca va tres bien, mon ami <3

bps wrote:
ebson <3
Ca va bien?
2015-08-18, 03:53
18 posts

Dec 2010
I see I am supposed to versus Cream next, how do I arrange this.
Mindzy
2015-08-18, 04:00
News Writer
183 posts

May 2013
Mindf!3ldzX wrote:
I see I am supposed to versus Cream next, how do I arrange this.

If you go onto the sign ups section of the DuelMania website and click on the name of your opponent it should state the contact details (e-mail address, what irc channel they can be found in, etc). For Cream would sugest you try #qw.na and #duelmania on QuakeNet irc.
  59 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page