bps wrote:
andeh: räck upp handen...

*flåt*
2015-07-28, 19:20
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
Andeh wrote:
I'd play too if more players were needed!

Of course - i don't have complete overview of player skill level so I need suggestion for players =)
Added you !

Many of the ones on the suggestion list I haven't been able to contact yet. :\

I know some sent mail to some of the players, but many are just missing. If anyone can help me contact people that would be cool as well.

Ake Vader sorta agreed to cast if he is not picked. But I'd like some more commentators to commit soonish. I'm a big Åke fan, like i think many are, so I'm gonna argument for him to be playing, not that my inputs on team constellation will matter much. Hopefully better players will get more involved. But we still need some caster options, does anyone know how to contact Darff?

Heres my imagined list of people who I believe could do it well: Andeh, Carapace, Åke, Darff, (bps?), QuakePhil, Paradoks...(and probably forgetting some now. Who else do you guys think I can approach?

We are getting nearer to team picking as well, so if your using IRC and want to be apart of this I'd appreciate if everyone starts idling in #qwallstars when you are on irc. Still haven't decided how we actually pick the teams, but there are several suggestions on this thread all ready.
Considering a voting system to select the top 4, and the top 4 agree on a date to gather and sort out the teams - where the top 4 either do a draft or otherwise come to an agreement of who else should be playing.

Around august 15-20 I imagine the teams will begin forming.
Street Vendor Crack down Princess Cop
2015-07-30, 21:40
31 posts

Oct 2009
i wanna play!
ReppieDoksing!
2015-07-31, 18:55
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
wimpeeh wrote:
i wanna play!

Gotcha =)
2015-08-01, 12:26
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
I can definitely broadcast this on SuddendeathTV. I just need to be informed in advance of the time and it will be no problem. I also don't mind a co-caster, so Åke Vader or whoever is of course welcome. This is of course if I'm not playing in the game itself :-)
2015-08-12, 12:10
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
Andeh wrote:
I can definitely broadcast this on SuddendeathTV. I just need to be informed in advance of the time and it will be no problem. I also don't mind a co-caster, so Åke Vader or whoever is of course welcome. This is of course if I'm not playing in the game itself :-)

Yes, same goes for Åke if he's not playing =) QuakePhil has agreed to have a minor role in anything being casted as well. I'd be very grateful if SuddenDeath could take over the caster role, you have 100% say in however you want to arrange it if you are up for doing it. I'll keep looking for a co-caster - Still looking for Darff =)
If we have a draft type picking situation, that could be casted aswell =)

Ps:: Sorry guys, had some issues, coming back in the weekend to arrange more on All Stars Match!
Thinks will go pretty fast after Saturday, stay tuned! make sure to come to #qwallstars - (I'll be coming back soon!)

Seems Hooratio is incing towards opening up a signup for NQR as well. Make sure to spread the word and give him some feedback on your team status- http://www.quakeworld.nu/forum/topic/6658/100809/eql20#100809 - I'll try to match the showmatch around signup for NQR time. If you need a team come #div99 and I'll organize some mixed players into teams if you need some help getting started. Free use of mumble and inclusion to the div99 community + ultra tactical backup if needed could probably be dug up =) ** Did I mention beer?

LAST CALL FOR PLAYERS TO BE ADDED TO THE POOL! - Contact the superstars that havn't been added yet to the list! Force em to play =)
2015-08-13, 08:00
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
I'll be happy to do it :-)
2015-08-13, 22:17
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
Looking forward to QTV-ing this!
2015-08-13, 23:58
11 posts

Feb 2006
Declined: Crazymac, Overflow, BogoJoker, Ihminen, XN.
they refused or got declined?
2015-08-14, 08:24
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
Im pretty sure they were not interested. I dont see much reason to barr those guys from this game
Chosen
2015-08-15, 16:18
43 posts

Apr 2012
ahtoh wrote:
Declined: Crazymac, Overflow, BogoJoker, Ihminen, XN.
they refused or got declined?

"Declined" means that they rejected the offer (said no)
2015-08-15, 18:11
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
- Trying right now to get a meeting about teams - Will be here #qwallstars til 22:00 - Otherwise please come by on Sunday #qwallstars @ 22:00 CET - Thanks! Will probably do the same thing on Monday!

Or you could reply here - Need to sort out teams - Do you guys want a draft with two /four captains? Who should be the captains? or Do you want milton,cara,blooddog + someone else (bps, rikoll ,x,x, ? to try to figure out decent teams?

I want the teams finalized on the 20' or have a draft date set.

We had a short, i felt productive, chat tonight(Saturday), about the structure of teams tonight, please come by tomorrow everyone that are in the pool =)
2015-08-19, 18:53
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
We've had three chats about the state of the 4on4 All Stars - Here's what we have agreed to so far:

On the 21'th there will be a mock draft on IRC. Carapace and Milton will most likely be the assigned captains for the two teams -
(Depending slightly on their attendance - if they are not online on the 21'st there could be replacements.)
So 21'st will most likely be the final deadline - for any stragglers.

Two teams will be selected with six members each. There will be five main players and a backup player for each team.

Once the two teams are selected there will be a few days available for discussion of the teams. Where the players look over the fairness of the two sides, aiming for balanced teams as well as evaluating if the selected players are actually the best players in the pool.
(So if you're not selected or if you are puzzled why your favorite 4on4'ers aren't on the teams this will be your chance to voice your concern.)

If however any type of draft situation falls by people not being able to show or not showing interest in sorting out teams I ask all participants to rank this list of players by their overall 4on4 skill:

- Either put but numbers behind their names (with 1 being the highest skill), or arrange the list by putting the best on top of the list. And PM me either here or on IRC with the link.

Carapace
Blood Dog
Milton
Åke Vader
Trygve
Kingpin
Raket
BPS
Rio
LethalWiz
Kip
Razor
Paradoks
Sane
NIW
Rikoll
Diki
Predator
Andeh
Wimpeeh
norules
Maga
Meshugga
MM

Once the teams are selected we will begin looking for a free date for the actual match.
2015-08-21, 21:18
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
Today we had a mock draft - and we are looking for feedback on these teams:

T1: Carapace, Rikoll, Razor, Paradoks, Meshuggah, : Backup: Wimpeeh
T2: Milton, BPS, KingPin, Diki, MM : Backup : Maga

Are we missing a player?
How does the team composition look like - should we move some players around?
Should we make bigger teams to give the teams more options for the games?

For comparison here are the players not selected, SO FAR:
Blood Dog, Åke Vader, Trygve, Raket ,Rio ,LethalWiz ,Kip, Sane, NIW, Predator, Andeh, norules.

A problem Carapace and Milton had while picking was it becomes fairly difficult to evaluate current skill level of players and comparing X player skill to Y. So it's REALLY helpful if you guys can give feedback! Also with explanations of why X is better on Y

There is nothing in the way of bringing in X player on X map, because this is a really good map for X person - even though he's not overall better than Y person. Etc... But it has to be some kind of in balance with the overall teams as well! (so yes, its complicated.)

Schedule right now and going forward - We will use the time from now until next week to evaluate the teams - By next Sunday the teams should be set in stone (after the weekend starting on 28'th August)- After this we will have two weeks for practice and for me to organize suitable match date for the players.

Please give feedback! Thank you!

... more to come ...

(Edited 2015-08-21, 21:47)
2015-08-21, 21:45
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
Here's my feedback :
I'm really missing ÅkeVader and Blooddog. I feel they are really great players overall and deserve a role on this all stars team. Both Blooddogs DM2 and Åke's e1m2 and Dm3 play is something I really enjoy watching. They are also very active players in the scene and as such I feel they both deserve a spot. But if they are better than the ones selected I don't know!
2015-08-21, 22:14
280 posts

Jan 2015
Teams are relatively even on dm2 and e1m2 (slight advantage to Milton's) and really uneven on dm3 (big advantage to Milton's).
dev
2015-08-21, 22:16
26 posts

Oct 2012
Teams ok of there is not rst, mawe, striker, ganon, xantom, squeeze, blaze, ihminen, darkki, reppie, hlt, fix or valla available.

BD and Åkerström are nice guys but not div0 skill level.
2015-08-21, 22:31
212 posts

Apr 2006
T1 and T2 are excellent teams and I want to see them play each other rather sooner than later.

I don't know if one is 'better' than the other and I can't judge whether the today's shape of the combatants of either team puts them in the situation that this will be an even fight. Nonetheless, ALL of them are great players and no matter if they're in top shape or not can stand a proper beating if this is what it turns out to be. For example, if T1 turns out to be superior, I am pretty sure T2 accepts their defeat like sportsmen and wants to be better next time.

Please do not discuss the vote of those who selected the players til death. In the end, this is how the captains chose and what the dice rolled brought and that's how it should be. They all know how to play, they all know how to kick ass and all of them deserve to have their asses kicked if they are not in shape or have a bad day. I find nothing more boring than re-arranging teams to have the highest chance of having a 100-100 game on dm3!

From a spectator's POV, I think T2 features some of the viewers' favourites with Milton and BPS but I think T1 has dedicated sportmen who want to avoid having the opposition secure the victory at any cost... - bring it on!
2015-08-23, 00:22
626 posts

Jan 2006
i heard that i didn't get picked since i would make the team to strong, is this true?
2015-08-23, 14:11
News Writer
280 posts

May 2006
I want to play too!
I'm better than Cara and Milton!

:-D

P.S. I'm joking, but it's real screenshot.
2015-08-23, 17:21
280 posts

Jan 2015
VVD wrote:
I want to play too!
I'm better than Cara and Milton!

:-D

P.S. I'm joking, but it's real screenshot.

Hard to say who actually took it.
dev
2015-08-23, 18:00
News Writer
280 posts

May 2006
andrestone wrote:

Don't judge - it's just a joke. I'm not good enough to play in this match.
10-15 mins of luck + average skill = one game top fragger all 20 mins with stars in lineup.
2015-08-23, 18:57
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
Great teams. I kinda wanna see the rest of the bunch play too. With Blood Dog, Åke Vader, Trygve, Raket ,Rio ,LethalWiz ,Kip, Sane, NIW, Predator, Andeh, norules you can make another two strong teams with reserves. Heck, one could even put the winners of an Allstars match up against the winners of an Almost-Allstars match, just for fun. Maybe the underdogs will surprise?

Or ... you could make a poll, like this one I made just now:

http://poll.fm/5dqlx

(Edited 2015-08-23, 19:07)
2015-08-23, 18:58
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
Edit: Double post.
2015-08-23, 21:16
280 posts

Jan 2015
VVD wrote:
andrestone wrote:

Don't judge - it's just a joke. I'm not good enough to play in this match.
10-15 mins of luck + average skill = one game top fragger all 20 mins with stars in lineup.

Im just joking about the fact that u weren't wearing ur nickname.
dev
2015-08-23, 22:35
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
erlend wrote:
Great teams. I kinda wanna see the rest of the bunch play too. With Blood Dog, Åke Vader, Trygve, Raket ,Rio ,LethalWiz ,Kip, Sane, NIW, Predator, Andeh, norules you can make another two strong teams with reserves. Heck, one could even put the winners of an Allstars match up against the winners of an Almost-Allstars match, just for fun. Maybe the underdogs will surprise?

Or ... you could make a poll, like this one I made just now:

http://poll.fm/5dqlx

Yea, we thought about making four teams at some point as well. But I believe the general feeling in our chats was that two is enough for now and that we should at least wait until we have the two 'top' teams completely formed.
I believe the only one that so far has said he would be interested in playing in prac matches is Blooddog if he doesn't end up on one of the top teams.

But yes, defiantly, It's still possible for us to do so, make a third and even fourth team. If there is some interest in this I need the players in question to come on IRC or PM me here and say that they will be available for games during the next three weeks.
I highly doubt if it will be possible at this point to have somekind of a tournament system, there are far to many people not on IRC (or that I know will read my msgs..) for me to make sudden changes like "oh, sorry, you HAVE to play x more matches and you have to free up two-three more dates. bit of a stretch Plus will be really hard for me to find dates.
But a general on "X and X date there will be practice rounds - for everyone interested : Show up." - is fairly easier for me to handle.

It is difficult for me to contact everyone when people arn't on IRC or don't read their PM on qw.nu. I have, as an example, still not been able to notify/or know if they read my msg: KingPin, Maga, Razor, Meshuggah, MM, Paradoks that they have been temporarily selected for the 4on4 Allstar.

I'd like to see the result of Erlends poll =) Reason we didn't go the public poll way of selecting players was that I wanted the players in the pool to be the only ones selecting who the best of them were - but it will be nice to see if public opinion goes the same way as the 'pro-players'

And as for everyone participating in general: - please idle in #qwallstars when you are online, if I need to send people a message or people need to contact me this will be my first stop.
I think for the next Allstars another system will be required. A mailing list perhaps.

Discussion about maps:

Milton made a suggestion about playing more maps - something akin to tb3 + two none tb3.
I made a suggestion that each team could pick one none- tb3 map if they would like.
Carapace pointed out that people might not be interested in seeing this?
Input?

Would you guys be interested in seeing them play on other maps than tb3?

Another poll perhaps ?

AAnd PS: Erlend skal jeg slenge deg med i d99 for eql 20 ?
2015-08-24, 00:26
News Writer
183 posts

May 2013
ocoini wrote:

Discussion about maps:

Milton made a suggestion about playing more maps - something akin to tb3 + two none tb3.
I made a suggestion that each team could pick one none- tb3 map if they would like.
Input?

Speaking as someone who purely spectates 4vs4 these days I would love to watch some games played on non-tb3 maps, just for a bit of variation. It could just be rose tinted glasses, but do have fond memories of TDM on maps like cmt4, ukcldm2, naked5, various of the single player maps etc.
2015-08-24, 06:16
188 posts

Feb 2008
ocoini wrote:

Input?

Another poll perhaps ?

I would love to see some other maps too!
2015-08-24, 09:32
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
Oco: Yes, put me up for D99, just in case, but I won't be able to play much.

I've made the QW Allstars poll result hidden until poll is completed. Dunno when, maybe let it run for a few more days?

So everyone: Go to http://poll.fm/5dqlx and vote now!

I can make a map poll too, just send me a list of the maps you'll want to choose from.
2015-08-24, 12:42
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
Yey, this is really crystalizing into something interesting. Maybe there should be some betting around it?
Join us on discord.quake.world
  94 posts on 4 pages  First page1234Last page