User panel stuff on forum
  9 posts on 1 page  1
Help
2015-01-15, 03:32
1 post

Jan 2015
I downloaded the nQuake package. It's on my Desktop, since it says not to put it in Program Files. I put pak1.pak in the id1 folder.

That is ALL I have done. I start ezQuake from the nQuake folder. I choose a server with people on it and I sit...and sit....and sit. It's downloading these sound/prog..

4777 unique files, 122 duplicates...

If it also helps...I went into single player just to see if their were more issues. I could take the right hall because I was missing e3m?. I forget which map.

I'm very confused.

I've been reading many faqs. Reinstalling and uninstalling. Please help and thank you.
2015-01-15, 10:16
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
nQuake has everything you need to connect to 90% of all Quakeworld servers out there.

If you are downloading files other than maps (nQuake doesn't have all the maps), maybe you are connecting to a server which is running a mod (modification). Something like TeamFortress (TF) and its variations, Painkeep, ProX, CTF...

try
/connect ffa.quake.rocks

its a FFA server
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2015-01-15, 11:47
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
In general all servers you see on this page that are of type (right-most column) 1on1, 2on2, 4on4 or FFA will let you connect and play without additional downloads, which should be the majority of them.

Edit: regarding not being able to play the third episode in singleplayer this is because the nQuake package is based on the Shareware Quake which only contains the first episode. To play all episodes one needs to place the file pak1.pak (found on original Quake CD) in /nQuake/id1/.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2015-01-15, 14:41
142 posts

Jul 2013
Nokea you are a USA player? If you need extra help with config or anything at all come by #qw.na @ quakenet.org using mIRC. Or search "webchat quakenet" on google and connect to #qw.na as well that will work if you do not have mIRC.
2015-01-15, 16:51
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
ag|sane wrote:
Nokea you are a USA player? If you need extra help with config or anything at all come by #qw.na @ quakenet.org using mIRC. Or search "webchat quakenet" on google and connect to #qw.na as well that will work if you do not have mIRC.

There is also a green welcoming "CHAT" button at the bottom right of this page. Just change the channel to #qw.na
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2015-01-15, 19:22
7 posts

Jul 2014
Nokeo wrote:
I downloaded the nQuake package. It's on my Desktop, since it says not to put it in Program Files. I put pak1.pak in the id1 folder.

That is ALL I have done. I start ezQuake from the nQuake folder. I choose a server with people on it and I sit...and sit....and sit. It's downloading these sound/prog..

4777 unique files, 122 duplicates...

If it also helps...I went into single player just to see if their were more issues. I could take the right hall because I was missing e3m?. I forget which map.

I'm very confused.

I've been reading many faqs. Reinstalling and uninstalling. Please help and thank you.

Sounds like you put the pak1 file into nquake\id1- it should let you play all episodes. Like everyone else said - nquake pretty much has everything you need to get going. I recently went though this myself and had no issues connecting to standard KTX servers. I cant comment on TF servers or CTF, but I do believe nquake has the options to load most of the common MODS during install.
2015-01-16, 18:41
124 posts

Apr 2012
Nokeo wrote:

Ahh, it looks like you're missing the file(s) that go into your quake\id1 directory. These files are called pak0.pak and pak1.pak.

pak0.pak ships as part of the shareware version of Quake and contains all the stuff necessary to play the first episode (the e1m? maps) and some deathmatch (dm?) maps.

pak1.pak IIRC is the only file that can't be shipped with nQuake because it is part of the registered version of Quake and id Software never released it for free to the public. It contains all the files you need to play the other episodes that ship with the standard Quake.

You can acquire these files by:

A. Buying Quake on Steam
B. Spending two minutes searching for them elsewhere

Put them in your quake\id1 directory and I bet your problems will be fixed.

I think nQuake gives a message about this after installation but I'm not sure. It should. ;<
2015-01-18, 16:23
226 posts

Jun 2006
cream wrote:
Nokeo wrote:

Ahh, it looks like you're missing the file(s) that go into your quake\id1 directory. These files are called pak0.pak and pak1.pak.

pak0.pak ships as part of the shareware version of Quake and contains all the stuff necessary to play the first episode (the e1m? maps) and some deathmatch (dm?) maps.

pak1.pak IIRC is the only file that can't be shipped with nQuake because it is part of the registered version of Quake and id Software never released it for free to the public. It contains all the files you need to play the other episodes that ship with the standard Quake.

You can acquire these files by:

A. Buying Quake on Steam
B. Spending two minutes searching for them elsewhere

Put them in your quake\id1 directory and I bet your problems will be fixed.

I think nQuake gives a message about this after installation but I'm not sure. It should. ;<

Reported to qw.nu and ID software for copyright infringement. Have a nice day.
--irc.quakenet.org #telefrag.me and #QWL | foogsQuakeWorld Ladder
2015-01-20, 05:03
124 posts

Apr 2012
fenris wrote:
Reported to qw.nu and ID software for copyright infringement. Have a nice day.

Hehe, have a good day too foogs <3

/me signals the sniper to take action
  9 posts on 1 page  1