User panel stuff on forum
Index  ‹  Off Topic  ‹  Ebola Virus
  3 posts on 1 page  1
Off Topic
2014-08-03, 17:45
685 posts

Jul 2007
Hi,

Long time no see no play etc indeed. I hope everyone is doing well.

Anyway, I think I chatted with Balles his son on QW years ago on the ffa server and he mentioned some professor or DR. - somebody who basically stated that the Ebola virus (which I never heard of back then) would take care of the over-population problem. Since this virus is now such a big deal in the media, I would like the name of that professor (whoever/whatever he was). Perhaps other ppl want to join in as well?
2014-08-03, 22:07
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Perhaps it was Dr.Eric Pianka? Been reading up a bit on Ebola after i saw your post and find it "interesting" that even quite a few doctors get infected as Reuters reports.

Some of the countries in West Africa seems to be quite a place though. Been watching some documentaries from Vice news lately and Liberia, which is one of the affected countries, gives off an impression as hell on earth. Obviously suffering from their past with civil wars etc.

Edit: welcome back
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2014-08-04, 13:26
685 posts

Jul 2007
Ake Vader wrote:
Perhaps it was Dr.Eric Pianka? Been reading up a bit on Ebola after i saw your post and find it "interesting" that even quite a few doctors get infected as Reuters reports.

Some of the countries in West Africa seems to be quite a place though. Been watching some documentaries from Vice news lately and Liberia, which is one of the affected countries, gives off an impression as hell on earth. Obviously suffering from their past with civil wars etc.

Edit: welcome back

Thanks
The situation reminds me of that movie with Dustin Hoffman, called 'Outbreak'. Don't know if it was Planka; could be.
  3 posts on 1 page  1