User panel stuff on forum
  41 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
General Discussion
2014-05-22, 09:55
Member
164 posts

Registered:
Apr 2007
Who are the player you have the hardest time beating? i dont mean ruskie vs milton now, i mean the one you feel like you have to focust 100% to perform well. And who is the player you have to little respect to but you should have much more of it cus of the opponents skill.

The player i have choosen as the hardest player must be locust nowdays, even tho we havnt played much since our duelmania finals.. but our games are always a thriller.. our metagames on dm4 are more advanced then poker.. heh...

The player i should play with more respect is BPS i think.. oK, he beat me easy at aerowalk.. but at the other maps i always feel superior even tho im not.. just a feeling i cant shake of.. i think it might be of all the binds he has with me saying things he has made up in his crazy mind...

ok, whats your toughts?
2014-05-22, 10:16
News Writer
1267 posts

Registered:
Jun 2007
Since we are talking about 1on1: everyone
Chosen
2014-05-22, 10:21
Administrator
1022 posts

Registered:
Apr 2006
Need to focus opponent: Arnette on povdmm4

Needs more respect nowadays: Milton on povdmm4

EDIT: I hardly beat anyone nowadays on povdmm4 anyway, so remove-nicks-and-replace-with-anyone
2014-05-22, 11:02
Member
459 posts

Registered:
Mar 2008
First question: no one
Second question: everyone
2014-05-22, 13:50
News Writer
619 posts

Registered:
Nov 2008
Since I'm not close to the top of the top, I'll give you this answer;

I need to focus more against everyone that I'm expected to beat. Anyone "less skilled" than myself, I tend to get really nervous and perform badly. I play way better against opponents that are supposed to beat me, hence I sometimes get upsets against players who underestimate me. But when I play against anyone who I know that I should beat, I often tend to lose in tournaments just because I get nervous and stop playing my game.

So, to sum up - the players I have a hard time facing are players that I feel like I should beat.

I don't think I need to respect someone more than I already do. A problem of mine might be having too much respect for other players.

/andeh
2014-05-22, 14:23
Member
142 posts

Registered:
Jul 2013
dimman wrote:
Need to focus opponent: Arnette on povdmm4

Needs more respect nowadays: Milton on povdmm4

EDIT: I hardly beat anyone nowadays on povdmm4 anyway, so remove-nicks-and-replace-with-anyone


anyone who brings up 'povdmm4' matchups is an idiot. povdmm4 the definition of idiocy
2014-05-22, 14:42
News Writer
875 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131003032741/halo/images/a/a8/Murica!!!.jpg
2014-05-22, 21:54
Administrator
1022 posts

Registered:
Apr 2006
ag|sane wrote:
dimman wrote:
Need to focus opponent: Arnette on povdmm4

Needs more respect nowadays: Milton on povdmm4

EDIT: I hardly beat anyone nowadays on povdmm4 anyway, so remove-nicks-and-replace-with-anyone


anyone who brings up 'povdmm4' matchups is an idiot. povdmm4 the definition of idiocy

It's actually quite fun, but you need to be atleast a bit good at it for that. Go practice now and perhaps you'll learn one day.
Hugs
2014-05-22, 23:55
Member
124 posts

Registered:
Apr 2012
dimman wrote:
ag|sane wrote:
anyone who brings up 'povdmm4' matchups is an idiot. povdmm4 the definition of idiocy


It's actually quite fun, but you need to be atleast a bit good at it for that. Go practice now and perhaps you'll learn one day.
Hugs


I think North America's best player BLooD_DoG(D_P) would also agree. I'll speak on his behalf and say that povdmm4 is a truly innovative map with a lot of potential for upset victories. True talent shines in povdmm4! (c) BLooD_DoG(D_P) probably

Here are my thoughts about the topic at hand:

1.) My toughest opponent: everyone
2.) The people I have to think the hardest to beat: nobody, I'm usually thinking about hamburgers because I'm American

In North America we have a lot of tough players such as BD, foogz, etc. We also have some "interesting" players such as ag|sane, bane, etc. Since we only play one map (aerowalk) my mind is usually filled with thoughts like, "how can I trick these guys into switching to a different map?" rather than tactical strategies.

I think this is the reason that BD has been the most successful player in North American history, because when he enters the game, he dominates the map selection process and intimidates everyone to switch to non-aerowalk maps.

dm2 #1 best map
dm4 #2 best map
aerowalk makes me feel dumber when I play it
and BD owns ztndm3, I'm glad he didn't leave a key under the mat at the front door

thx, cream
2014-05-23, 14:06
Member
142 posts

Registered:
Jul 2013
dimman wrote:
ag|sane wrote:
dimman wrote:
Need to focus opponent: Arnette on povdmm4

Needs more respect nowadays: Milton on povdmm4

EDIT: I hardly beat anyone nowadays on povdmm4 anyway, so remove-nicks-and-replace-with-anyone


anyone who brings up 'povdmm4' matchups is an idiot. povdmm4 the definition of idiocy

It's actually quite fun, but you need to be atleast a bit good at it for that. Go practice now and perhaps you'll learn one day.
Hugs


"You need to be atleast a bit good at it for it" and you want me to go practice moving left and right and lging? See you're the type of person that doesn't evolve and is stuck in the mentally disabled div2-3 divisions. I can play you any day with 170ms and beat you on any duel map because you are a mentally challenged player who can't time anything and can only depend on maps such as povdmm4 to show "skill". Once again, haters gonna hate cuz div2 cant relate.
2014-05-23, 17:54
Member
202 posts

Registered:
Apr 2006
Less love, more hate please! A decent flamewar is what we need and keeps the scene interesting!
2014-05-23, 18:12
News Writer
619 posts

Registered:
Nov 2008
ag|sane wrote:
dimman wrote:
ag|sane wrote:
dimman wrote:
Need to focus opponent: Arnette on povdmm4

Needs more respect nowadays: Milton on povdmm4

EDIT: I hardly beat anyone nowadays on povdmm4 anyway, so remove-nicks-and-replace-with-anyone


anyone who brings up 'povdmm4' matchups is an idiot. povdmm4 the definition of idiocy

It's actually quite fun, but you need to be atleast a bit good at it for that. Go practice now and perhaps you'll learn one day.
Hugs


"You need to be atleast a bit good at it for it" and you want me to go practice moving left and right and lging? See you're the type of person that doesn't evolve and is stuck in the mentally disabled div2-3 divisions. I can play you any day with 170ms and beat you on any duel map because you are a mentally challenged player who can't time anything and can only depend on maps such as povdmm4 to show "skill". Once again, haters gonna hate cuz div2 cant relate.


And the latest thing you managed to accomplish was to get disqualified in the ongoing dm2 tournament. Well done.
2014-05-23, 20:49
Member
142 posts

Registered:
Jul 2013
Andeh wrote:
ag|sane wrote:
dimman wrote:
ag|sane wrote:
dimman wrote:
Need to focus opponent: Arnette on povdmm4

Needs more respect nowadays: Milton on povdmm4

EDIT: I hardly beat anyone nowadays on povdmm4 anyway, so remove-nicks-and-replace-with-anyone


anyone who brings up 'povdmm4' matchups is an idiot. povdmm4 the definition of idiocy

It's actually quite fun, but you need to be atleast a bit good at it for that. Go practice now and perhaps you'll learn one day.
Hugs


"You need to be atleast a bit good at it for it" and you want me to go practice moving left and right and lging? See you're the type of person that doesn't evolve and is stuck in the mentally disabled div2-3 divisions. I can play you any day with 170ms and beat you on any duel map because you are a mentally challenged player who can't time anything and can only depend on maps such as povdmm4 to show "skill". Once again, haters gonna hate cuz div2 cant relate.


And the latest thing you managed to accomplish was to get disqualified in the ongoing dm2 tournament. Well done.


Yeah, great choice of map dm2, and sorry for not playing the most dead game in the world.
2014-05-23, 21:39
Administrator
864 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
OK? Why signing up in the first place?
IRC went Discord -> join the chats @ discord.quake.world
2014-05-23, 21:48
Member
124 posts

Registered:
Apr 2012
The true winner in this flame war is BLooD_DoG(D_P). He is a true gentleman with enough tact not to get involved in petty disputes like this. BD doesn't need to talk about povdmm4 or dm2 because he just knows that the spirit of Quakeworld is really all about tact, friendship, getting ra, and having the best rl aim.

I for one would like to applaud BD for being an inspiration in these troubling times. Thank you BLooD_DoG(D_P) for being insightful.

Moving on...

--

Things I've learned from this discussion so far:

1.) dm2 #1 WORST map :<
2.) 170ms ping ztndm3 better than povdmm4
3.) moving left<->right while using lg is for ducks and n00bs
4.) signing up for tournaments on maps that have buttons is dumb :<

Well, sirs, I DISAGREE.

thx cream
2014-05-23, 22:42
Administrator
1022 posts

Registered:
Apr 2006
ag|sane wrote:
See you're the type of person that doesn't evolve and is stuck in the mentally disabled div2-3 divisions.
I think your spot on regarding me not evolving, however there's a slight chance it has to do with not playing the game though.
ag|sane wrote:
I can play you any day with 170ms and beat you on any duel map

I can beat Chuck Norris and Superman, never heard of you before though, wonder why...
ag|sane wrote:
because you are a mentally challenged player who can't time anything and can only depend on maps such as povdmm4 to show "skill".
Yeah I was among the top at povdmm4 a while, not anymore unfortunately but I definitely proved my skills there. Rumors were that even Milton was scared.
ag|sane wrote:
Once again, haters gonna hate cuz div2 cant relate.

Obviously.

Just gief a reason.
2014-05-23, 23:43
News Writer
619 posts

Registered:
Nov 2008
ag|sane wrote:
Andeh wrote:
ag|sane wrote:
dimman wrote:
ag|sane wrote:
dimman wrote:
Need to focus opponent: Arnette on povdmm4

Needs more respect nowadays: Milton on povdmm4

EDIT: I hardly beat anyone nowadays on povdmm4 anyway, so remove-nicks-and-replace-with-anyone


anyone who brings up 'povdmm4' matchups is an idiot. povdmm4 the definition of idiocy

It's actually quite fun, but you need to be atleast a bit good at it for that. Go practice now and perhaps you'll learn one day.
Hugs


"You need to be atleast a bit good at it for it" and you want me to go practice moving left and right and lging? See you're the type of person that doesn't evolve and is stuck in the mentally disabled div2-3 divisions. I can play you any day with 170ms and beat you on any duel map because you are a mentally challenged player who can't time anything and can only depend on maps such as povdmm4 to show "skill". Once again, haters gonna hate cuz div2 cant relate.


And the latest thing you managed to accomplish was to get disqualified in the ongoing dm2 tournament. Well done.


Yeah, great choice of map dm2, and sorry for not playing the most dead game in the world.


I see them other players playing the tournament. The only real disappointment thus far has been you :-)
2014-05-24, 07:21
Member
232 posts

Registered:
Feb 2006
I dunno what's funnier, somebody blabbing their opinion about povdmm4 just because somebody related their experience with opponents on that map, or sane thinking he is division 1...
vb.drok-radnik.com
2014-05-24, 13:06
Member
286 posts

Registered:
Sep 2012
Someone should ban sane from this forum so people don't have too bad an opinion of US players... Even cream can't make up for him.
<3 cream, hugs to BLooD_DoG(D_P) !
2014-05-24, 14:40
News Writer
875 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
lolz
2014-05-24, 15:36
Member
173 posts

Registered:
Mar 2012
My hardest opponen in my prime 2007-2008 was buffy on tb3
Or griffin on tb3
2014-05-24, 18:23
Member
226 posts

Registered:
Jun 2006
sane
--irc.quakenet.org #telefrag.me and #QWL | foogsQuakeWorld Ladder
2014-05-28, 10:56
Member
10 posts

Registered:
May 2014
My hardest opponent in the past was n0j from australia playing dm2...

Noone plays online enough anymore for me to care.. Aus smells
2014-05-29, 21:24
Member
142 posts

Registered:
Jul 2013
Funny I haven't opened up this thread in a while, but I scrolled up to see all the CRONIES posting their jibberish.

Listen lets just lay the facts out and then everyone go back home and drink their tea with their div2 crumpets.

Fact #1: "I been grinding qw since i was fucking BORN in 1997"
Fact #2: "I am top3 in the USA history in quakeworld, thus taking my talents to quakelive."
Fact #3: "I have more respect in the USA, than the whole european NATION combined" (?)
Fact #4: "I took down ALL usa legends in qw, and MANY upon MANY legends in EU, (demos in the pudding)"
Fact #5: "Div2 can never relate, thus anyone above me in this thread besides ME, no need to instigate"

(Edited 2014-05-29, 21:25)
2014-05-29, 21:25
Member
142 posts

Registered:
Jul 2013
#1
2014-05-29, 21:48
Member
124 posts

Registered:
Apr 2012
ag|sane wrote:
Funny I haven't opened up this thread in a while, but I scrolled up to see all the CRONIES posting their jibberish.


I've been thinking about this thread, took my time to reply, but...

ag|saen wrote:
Listen lets just lay the facts out and then everyone go back home and drink their tea with their div2 crumpets.


MAKING ME ANGRY NOW BRO

Yeah I drink tea, but NO, I DO NOT have div2 crumpets sane. I'm trying to hold in my rage but I'm having a hard time. Okay, so, let me think how BD might respond here...

ag|sanene wrote:
Fact #1: "I been grinding qw since i was fucking BORN in 1997"


FACT #1: 17 years of slowly grinding aerowalk, you need to get a sharper blade and carve that map apart like it's made of cardboard. Carve it into a real map, like dm2, with buttons.........

ag|SANE wrote:
Fact #2: "I am top3 in the USA history in quakeworld, thus taking my talents to quakelive."


FACT #2: I agree that you're top3 in USA history... Insane (honorary American) #1, BLooD_DoG(D_P) #2, and sane of AG #3...

...#3 by a mile maybe...

ag|EnAS wrote:
Fact #3: "I have more respect in the USA, than the whole european NATION combined" (?)


FACT #3: que legal ahahhehhuehe no but srsly I do respect the lessons you teach about quad, timing, railgun, and "COMPLETE MENTAL TAKEOVER OF ENEMY" etc. You've done a lot to... uhh... improve... Murika. Thank you.

sane|aG wrote:
Fact #4: "I took down ALL usa legends in qw, and MANY upon MANY legends in EU, (demos in the pudding)"


FACT #4: Pudding = ch-tv, or??

ag|asen|ag wrote:
Fact #5: "Div2 can never relate, thus anyone above me in this thread besides ME, no need to instigate"


FACT #5: Fact is that sane can be mean, but BD really owns this whole scene.
2014-05-30, 06:08
Member
124 posts

Registered:
Apr 2012
LocKtar from first post wrote:
i think it might be of all the binds he has with me saying things he has made up in his crazy mind...



LocKtar from latest post wrote:
Removed.


Starting to wonder if BPS really makes up all those crazy quotes in his head......

Did LocKtar find the key to the liquor cabinet? :p
2014-05-30, 17:22
Member
622 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
hardest opponents i've always needs to strugle with my psychic when playing/played is.
(milton is not an opponent, he's a god)

DM2 - Lockesocktopp
DM4 - Locust
DM6 - BuLaT's ping
Ztndm3 - BuLaT
Aerowalk - BPS
DM3 - Harvester^aq + gl

xoxo
phren
2014-05-30, 21:12
Administrator
1022 posts

Registered:
Apr 2006
Okey enough flumsyness, keep it civilised from here on...
2014-05-31, 08:25
Member
124 posts

Registered:
Apr 2012
dimman wrote:
Okey enough flumsyness, keep it civilised from here on...


This is considered quite civil and cultured here in America.

America, land of opportunity, land of hope and prosperity, land of civility, land of BD(DP) whom is obviously #1 opponent of this thread.
  41 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page